• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

Moves that raise your and your opponent's stats one stage:
Speed: Race
Attack: Competition
Defense: Stalemate
Sp. Attack: Argument
Sp. Defense: Suspicion

More moves like brick break, that penetrate protection, and are TM accessible.

I'd like a Metronome-style ability that changed the user's ability every turn.

For some reason I read this and thought it was a really cool idea. Just keep it away from Sableye and Spiritomb, the chance of them randomly acquiring Wonder Guard is a frightening prospect.
Since it changes every turn, that'll only give it one turn of invulnerability, which doesn't seem all that overpowered. Of course, there would be a chance of it getting it multiple turns in a row, but the likelihood of that is very low.

Unrelatedly, my idea of a new move, Wind Ball: 50-power, 100-accuracy, Flying-type move which doubles in power under any weather condition. Hits adjacent Pokémon.

i'd like a new bug special attack [that type could use another special] called "Tangle Web" that does maybe 60 to 70 dmg and has a 30% chance to leave a new bug status condition similar to frozen/asleep called "immobilized". perhaps even string shot can get a 10% chance to immobilize, and electro web a 20% chance. those two attacks do it in the anime, i don't see a problem with them being more useful in the game too XD. this new "Tangle Web" would be less powerful than an attack like icebeam but slightly more useful at inflicting the status change.

this attack would be distributed to burmy, pineco, spinarak, and joltik. the caterpillars that learn string shot wouldn't really get it except maybe via tutoring but they'd get the minute stringshot[/electroweb via tutor] buff. i know there's "spider web" which is a "cant flee" bug attack and it has a similar theme, but it probably wouldn't change.

also, along these lines, a bug field attack like stealth rock or spikes called "Sticky Goo" [or something] would lower the speed of all the opponents pokemon upon switch in by one or two stages. removed with surf or muddy water or sludge wave? O_O

...can you tell i like bugs? XD

also, along these lines, a bug field attack like stealth rock or spikes called "Sticky Goo" [or something] would lower the speed of all the opponents pokemon upon switch in by one or two stages. removed with surf or muddy water or sludge wave? O_O

Thats actually rather interesting. It would be nice too see more of this kind of field move that doesn't do damage.

Name:Superheat
Type:Fire
Accuracy:N/A
Damage:N/A
Category:Other
Effect:
boost fire type moves by 1.5
nerf rock,water,electric moves by 2

Some abilities that would improve Poison and Ice types would be nice. For example

Corrode (Corrosive Venom)
Attacks against poisoned opponents are calculated as though their special defence was lowered by 1 stage. Pokemon with this ability are capable of damaging Steel types with Poison type moves.
This ability helps some Poison types deal with their inability to damage Steel types, and the special defence drop helps them wear to wear down poisoned opponents faster.

Lustrous Veil (Diamond Dust Cloak)
This Pokemon's Substitutes are capable of withstanding twice as much damage before fading (two and a half times as much during Hail).
Substitutes are valuable to Ice types as they offer a safety net against their many weaknesses. With this ability setting them up becomes much easier, especially during hail conditions.

How about a physical electric move higher than 75 damage that isn't restricted to one line of pokemon and doesn't give more recoil than is worth even using it?

We can call it Volt Strike or something, give it 95 dmg, 95% accuracy, 15 pp and paralysis chance. If we want to nerf it a little, it can have a chance to paralyze both opponent and the user.

How about a physical electric move higher than 75 damage that isn't restricted to one line of pokemon and doesn't give more recoil than is worth even using it?

We can call it Volt Strike or something, give it 95 dmg, 95% accuracy, 15 pp and paralysis chance. If we want to nerf it a little, it can have a chance to paralyze both opponent and the user.

If there was a move that might paralyze the user, I sure know I wouldn't be using it. Why not just give the elemental punches a little bit of a buff, like they gave to Drain Punch and Giga Drain in the transition from IV to V. You could put them up to 90/95 base power and keep everything else the same. I don't think anyone would cry that the moves are OP or anything, but it would give quite a few 'mons much better coverage options.

I would love to see the abilities that are effected by weather evenly distributed so that it levels out the weather-war (somewhat)

Sand Body - Restores health during a sandstorm (Rain Dish, Ice Body)

Sun Lover - Restores health in sun, drops health in rain (Dry Skin)

Synthesize - Restores health during sun (Rain dish, Ice Body)

Diamond Dust - Boosts Sp.A during a hail storm (kind of like Sand Force or the 1.5 boost to water/fire moves under rain/sun)

Blizzard Run - Boosts speed during hail (Chlorophyll, Swift Swim, Sand Rush)

Storm Burst - Boosts power during rain, but cuts health (Solar Power)

As you may or may not be able to tell, I made up the names on the spot. Also, abilities which automatically start Trick Room or Tail Wind would be cool, although I think these should only last for 5 turns instead of the whole match like Drizzle, Drought, Snow Warning, and Sand Stream do.

If there was a move that might paralyze the user, I sure know I wouldn't be using it. Why not just give the elemental punches a little bit of a buff, like they gave to Drain Punch and Giga Drain in the transition from IV to V.

Yeah, but Thunderpunch can only be used by pokemon that actually have hands. That cuts out a lot of electric pokemon. Like, most of them, actually.

All I really want is like one powerful dark attack. They could call it Shadow Blitz or something (I'm a bit desperate right now...) And it could do 100 damage...

Icy Mirror - raises Def. and SDef. in Hail.
Fleeting Mist - The Pokemon is immune to Fighting type moves

Phaze Body-Ability-The opponent's Physical moves have a higher chance of missing. Certain hazards don't affect this Pokemon, such as Stealth Rock and Spikes, e.t.c.
Misdreavus* line, Gastly* line, Yamask* line, Spiritomb, Darkrai*, Duskull* line, and Shedinja* get this. *Dream World ability.

Electro Field-Move-Status-Electric-Creates a thin layer of electricity over the field, damaging non-Ground or non-electric Pokemon when they switch in. Slight chance of Paralysis.
Electric-Type Stealth Rock. Also affects Pokemon with the Phaze Body ability. All electric Pokemon can access it, even Tynamo

An Ice type move that gradually damages the opponent's HP until it freezes it solid.
And more moves with 90:100 or 95:100 power to accuracy ratio.

Bug-type version of Stealth Rock that summons bees to the field who sting opponents.

Unlike Stealth Rock, only Shiftry, Cacturne, Exeggutor, and Celebi are 4X effected by it, so it doesn't seem like it'd be as broken.

i think some kind of move where the effects are unpredictable
like it could heal the attacked pokemon or 1 hit KO it or it could inflict a random status condition it could raise or lower stacks of the attacker or defender it could heal the user or it could make the pokemon flinch its completely unpredictable i have a bit of an idea of its in game desc

Move name: Lottery
Type: Special
Move Type: ???
Attack Power: 50
In game desc: The user throws multiple dice at the opponent its effects are unpredictable.

i think some kind of move where the effects are unpredictable
like it could heal the attacked pokemon or 1 hit KO it or it could inflict a random status condition it could raise or lower stacks of the attacker or defender it could heal the user or it could make the pokemon flinch its completely unpredictable i have a bit of an idea of its in game desc

Move name: Lottery
Type: Special
Move Type: ???
Attack Power: 50
In game desc: The user throws multiple dice at the opponent its effects are unpredictable.

Like Metronome, but with effects rather than moves, then?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom