• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

If Parting/Sharp Remark does function like a U-Turn type move that lowers stats, that would have huge tactical possibilities. It could let a team-mate set up easily, let a partner overcome a counter that would normally beat it or continually force switches by pivoting between two users.

I really hope that's what it does.

EDIT: So it's confirmed to work just like that, while lowering Attack and Special attack. That move is going to be so useful.

Last edited:
I want to have more punch moves. Like some Grass type move when roots goes over the hand and the pokemon punches hard. Or something with a giant bubble of water around the hand.

One thing I notice is, Parabolic Charge is an attack with 16 characters (including space). This would mean two things: we will have attacks with longer names, and some older attacks could have added spaces, such as Thunder Punch and Dynamic Punch. Hopefully so, because that would justify using the correct grammar.

Also, Parting Shot looks like it will be great for supporting a set-up Pokemon such as Gothitelle (for trapping) and Quiver Dancers.

Thanks for reading.

I'd like to see a variation of dual type moves, but not in the normal sense. Here's the idea:

- A move, let's call this example "mystic flame". Always inflicts fire-type damage for purposes of weaknesses and resistance, buy multiple types of Pokémon can receive STAB from it (perhaps fire and psychic).

- Alternatively, there could be moves that change type completely depending on the user, in the way of curse.

Even more interestingly, a move that could change type based on something like the egg group of a pokemon. So only certain pokemon even within a type would be able to receive STAB. Maybe an ice move that becomes rock for mineral type Pokémon, or something of the like.

Is Howl a move from earlier generations? Because Fennekin can learn it and I do not recognize it.
Raising Pokémon
Howl is the move Poochyena learned that raises the Pokémon's Attack by one stage, isn't it?

Ahh ok. I did not ply those games so I did not know. But is Fennekin the first to learn it since Pootchyheena and Mightygheena?
A number of Pokémon learn it:
Howl (move) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Parting Shot lowers Atk and Sp.Atk by one stage and then forces you out. While Memento lowers Atk and Sp.Atk by two stages and then kills you. Hmm.

Parting Shot lowers Atk and Sp.Atk by one stage and then forces you out. While Memento lowers Atk and Sp.Atk by two stages and then kills you. Hmm.
Memento is terrible, no one's gonna stay in on a drop like that in a competitive battle. They'll switch and reset the stats to zero, returning and lowering something seems like a very good ploy to use in some battles however.

One thing I notice is, Parabolic Charge is an attack with 16 characters (including space).
You know, this was the thing that jumped out at me when looking over the new info. "Ooh! A change to the character limit!" That probably says something about me, I dunno.

Oh hey, maybe we'll be able to have trainer names more than seven characters long now...

I want this:

Roundelay
Type: Fairy
PP: 10
Status - Raises Special Attack & Speed while dancing around.

basically a special Dragon Dance .... And I need Glaceon to learn it ^^

One thing I notice is, Parabolic Charge is an attack with 16 characters (including space).
You know, this was the thing that jumped out at me when looking over the new info. "Ooh! A change to the character limit!" That probably says something about me, I dunno.

Oh hey, maybe we'll be able to have trainer names more than seven characters long now...

And just maybe Feraligatr and Victreebel will be retconned into Feraligator and Victreebell! One can only hope...

I hope Parabolic Charge isn't completely exclusive since it's so useful, though considering the name it's probably going to be a signature move. Speaking of exclusive signature moves, Horn Leech is no longer one.

And just maybe Feraligatr and Victreebel will be retconned into Feraligator and Victreebell! One can only hope...
While I wouldn't count on those names being retconned, it's confirmed that Pokémon names can be longer than ten letters now: the French name for Pancham, Pandespiègle, has twelve letters.

I hope Parabolic Charge isn't completely exclusive since it's so useful, though considering the name it's probably going to be a signature move. Speaking of exclusive signature moves, Horn Leech is no longer one.

I hope not. I'm fine with how they are spelt and I don't find it necessary changing their names now after so long.

It strikes me as odd that NONE of the revealed Pokemon have any abilities confirmed. When BW was revealed almost everyones ability was known right away, barring the Legendarys.

A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.

So this was leaked on pokebeach, and has a higher than average possibility of being true. So what do we think of them?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom