• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

I quite like those moves.

Belch could be potentially interesting if it had any added effects that changed depending upon the berry used for the attack.

I was thinking that it seems a waste that you have to have a berry, since you could only use it once, but if your pokemon had Recycle than it could do it as many times as it had PP for. There would be that extra turn in between that you would need to use Recycle, (which would leave you open to snatch), but otherwise it's pretty much no different than moves with cool down, like Hyperbeam.

I was thinking that it seems a waste that you have to have a berry, since you could only use it once, but if your pokemon had Recycle than it could do it as many times as it had PP for. There would be that extra turn in between that you would need to use Recycle, (which would leave you open to snatch), but otherwise it's pretty much no different than moves with cool down, like Hyperbeam.

It seems like a weaker Fling....unless consumption results in the berry's effect activating, then you can potentially use a stat-up move while doing damage.

My Garbodor would love to have this Belch move in its movepool. Belch > Consume Berry > Recycle > Belch again > Etc.

Well poison types would get stab so then it would do more, I think, then Fling, for some pokemon.

I can't really see myself using Belch. But Draining Kiss sounds ridiculously good, even with the low-ish base power (90 after STAB isn't bad for something that absorbs 100% of the damage dealt). If something with Technician gets access to Draining Kiss that's almost as strong as a STAB Surf with 100% draining recovery.

This Belch move would also be very interesting for Pokemon with the Harvest ability. They should introduce a Grass/Poison Pokemon with Harvest. A killer in the sun! ^^

This Belch move would also be very interesting for Pokemon with the Harvest ability. They should introduce a Grass/Poison Pokemon with Harvest. A killer in the sun! ^^
Or even better, they could give the ability for one of the hundreds of already existing Grass/Poison Pokémon.

Imagine Venusaur with Harvest! o_O

Off topic: I am currently using a Harvest Tropius in my sun team with great results. But Venusaur would be even better!

I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but I'd love to see a weather condition called Acid Rain. It would have all the same effects as rain (boosting water moves, activating swift swim etc), but it would also damage all types apart from Poison (and possibly steel, although acid rain corrodes some metals, so we'll see). This would make it halfway between sandstorm and rain, but benefiting a different play-style, and would help give poison types a boost. It would be awesome if it were still activated using Rain Dance, but only when used by a poison-type. You could also use it during Drizzle, and it would turn the existing endless rain into endless Acid Rain. Thoughts?

;
I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but I'd love to see a weather condition called Acid Rain. It would have all the same effects as rain (boosting water moves, activating swift swim etc), but it would also damage all types apart from Poison (and possibly steel, although acid rain corrodes some metals, so we'll see). This would make it halfway between sandstorm and rain, but benefiting a different play-style, and would help give poison types a boost. It would be awesome if it were still activated using Rain Dance, but only when used by a poison-type. You could also use it during Drizzle, and it would turn the existing endless rain into endless Acid Rain. Thoughts?
Isn't Acid Rain the name of a glitch?

Speaking of weather conditions, I think something like "Nightfall" would be interesting. Basically it's the opposite of Sunny Day, making it dark, rather than sunny. Ghost and Dark (and maybe Bug?) type attacks would get a boost, light based moves like Solarbeam, Synthesis and Morning Sun would do half what they normally would in healing or damage (And in the case of Solarbeam, sill take a move to charge), and weather ball would be a dark-type move. Possibly Moonlight's heal would increase? Also, perhaps for all pokemon that aren't Ghost and Dark types, accuracy would decrease. With this there could be abilities like "Nocturnal" which would cause a non-ghost or Dark pokemon to function during Nightfall as if they were, so they wouldn't get the accuracy decrease. Also pokemon could have abilities that heightened their speed or evasion in Nightfall, or pokemon that produce their own light could have something like "Phosphorescent" to negate the effects of nightfall all together, like Lanturn.

Speaking of weather conditions, I think something like "Nightfall" would be interesting. Basically it's the opposite of Sunny Day, making it dark, rather than sunny. Ghost and Dark (and maybe Bug?) type attacks would get a boost, light based moves like Solarbeam, Synthesis and Morning Sun would do half what they normally would in healing or damage (And in the case of Solarbeam, sill take a move to charge), and weather ball would be a dark-type move. Possibly Moonlight's heal would increase? Also, perhaps for all pokemon that aren't Ghost and Dark types, accuracy would decrease. With this there could be abilities like "Nocturnal" which would cause a non-ghost or Dark pokemon to function during Nightfall as if they were, so they wouldn't get the accuracy decrease. Also pokemon could have abilities that heightened their speed or evasion in Nightfall, or pokemon that produce their own light could have something like "Phosphorescent" to negate the effects of nightfall all together, like Lanturn.

And finally give Illuminate some use.

Yeah, and dark caves could naturally have this effect, and in battle, Flash could cancel it. Though using Sunny Day could cancel it as well, but maybe it compounds onto Rain, hail and Sandstorm conditions? Or maybe not, that might be too much.

Sure "Nightfall" contrasts well with "Sunny Day", but how would the distinction work in the Japanese versions of the games? Remember that in Japan "Sunny Day" is call "Clear Skies" which is why "Moonlight" gains a boost from it.

Sure "Nightfall" contrasts well with "Sunny Day", but how would the distinction work in the Japanese versions of the games? Remember that in Japan "Sunny Day" is call "Clear Skies" which is why "Moonlight" gains a boost from it.

They could call it Darkened Skies? As in, it's sunny when the clouds go away, but darker (and night like) when there are darker clouds?

It's not like it's a direct opposite, I was just saying that to explain it, so it could still be nightfall. Or maybe "Murky Night" or something similar.

I feel the need for a set-up Ice-type move. Something like "Permafrost", increases Def 2 stages and Speed 1 stage.

A couple more new moves from the past few days:

Moonblast: Fairy move that can lower Sp.Atk/Atk (not sure which, I've seen it reported as both in different places)
Fairy Wind: Another Fairy move.
Boomburst: Normal type move that damages all allies aswell as enemies. Apparently is the signature move of Noivern.
War Cry: Lowers the opponents Attack (not sure how it differs from Growl, maybe it's a two stage drop).

War Cry would be better if it increased your Attack by one and lowered the opponents by one, since that's what a War Cry usually does--invokes courage in allies and fear in the enemy. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the deal is.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom