• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

Gastly can probably shape its gas into a fist or whatever. That doesn't explain Wooper and Ice Punch.

I heard the sound glow punch makes while hiting litleo, and I dont think its a SE sound at all. Yeah, i listened it very closely, and still dont think its a SE sound. It sounds like normal damage sound to me.

I heard the sound glow punch makes while hiting litleo, and I dont think its a SE sound at all. Yeah, i listened it very closely, and still dont think its a SE sound. It sounds like normal damage sound to me.

I noticed in some of the early trailers that the normally effective sound sounds oddly like the supper-effective sound from past generations. I've listened to it a few times and I'm 90% sure glow punch is supper effective on Litleo. Here are my thoughts:

Litleo is the fire/normal type, as a fire type it's weak to ground, rock, and water. I doubt glow punch is any of these maybe water but since fennekin is a fire type I doubt it. If it was a fairy move fire could be weak to fairy but I don't think so.

As a normal type litleo is weak to fighting so it could be a fighting type move. Or normal could be weak to fairy I'm not sure why they would do this but it could be the case.

Glow punch could be an odd move that is super effective against Pokemon of the same type that's a little outlandish but I could see it.

Its still normal sound to me. My friends and my brother also think its normal. It could be a psychic move, in wich fennekin imagine a punch and it hits with the power of mind.

Its still normal sound to me. My friends and my brother also think its normal. It could be a psychic move, in wich fennekin imagine a punch and it hits with the power of mind.

it looks like it could be fairy type imo bc usually psychic types are usually pink in color the form of attacks and that really didnt look like a psychic type move

I still think it's one of the dual type moves the leak was talking about. Glow means "To give off light from heat or to emit light as if heated." Plus the move is a red/orangeish color so it probably has an association with fire. And according to the trailer it was also super effective against Litleo. So Fire STAB but acts like a Fighting move for type advantages/disadvantages.

^IDK I'm still not convinced that this would be a good idea true or not. Pokemon already has a confusing elemental system that I have a hard time remembering. And I'm not the only one I know who has this problem. I tell most of my friends who ask me how to memorize all the types just to get a chart and tape it to the back of your DS. I don't have that problem with any other RPG even persona that has confusing Japanese names for their attacks.

I think a move for Talon flame, and a few other avian pokemon that releases a fire type Decoy Flare would be kind of cool. It could lower the accuracy of the other pokemon, maybe even just for a few moves for the team overall. Kind of like how TailWind works to boost speed?

Cheek Pouches is a brand new ability that Horubii (Normal rabbit) and Dedenne (Electric/Fairy hamster) are revealed to have. What do you think this ability entails?

I personally think it might allow for two items to be used. It sounds overpowered, but if only really weak Pokemon get it, I doubt it's overpowered. It certainly sounds like it'll be used for storing an item or a berry or something like that. Maybe a held berry can be used twice instead of once?

I'd guess that Cheek Pouches has to do with either Electric, Storing Items, or something along the lines of Thick Fat's power. Exciting to see what it does though- It definitely sounds like a second ability for the Pika Line.

I'm gonna hop on the train of it likely meaning you can equip two hold items. Probably only weaker unevolved pokemon'll get it, but then that means Eviolite+something else. Unless these things don't end up evolving which is almost certainly not the case, at least for the rabbit. I could see them handling that by allowing you to hold two items but only one can be equipped at a time, but you're able to switch which is equipped mid battle. Say you're attacking one turn so you equip life orb, but the next turn you're using a status move so you equip leftovers. Something along those lines.

Two held items makes me think of Choice Band/Specs + Choice Scarf. Or Choice Band/Specs + Life Orb.

I don't think it's going to happen mostly because it can make the UI much more complex, which seems like unnecessary complexity for something that's only for a handful of Pokémon.

Cheek Pouches could be you're able to hold more than one berry at once?

It's not really OP if it's just berries they're holding.

I'm pretty sure if the multiple items thing is true, it'll just be berries. Cheek pouches are used for storing food, after all.

I wonder if the Pikachu line will get it and finally have a secondary ability? Pachirisu and Watchog would have been shoe-ins, but they already have two abilities.

Cheek Pouch is now confirmed to restore HP when the user eats a berry, in addition to the berry's usual effect.

New Electric-type move called Nuzzle causes paralysis with damage.

Sounds like it will be a low base power move. It's probably Zap Cannon but with higher accuracy and less power. Still sounds like it's going to be irritating as fuck when NPCs use it.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom