• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

I wonder how much HP Cheek Pouch will restore for the pokemon. Will it be a set value or a percentage?

Nuzzle's description as doing "damage while paralyzing [the opponent]" does infer that it will be a 100% paralysis move. I hope not.

I'm guessing Cheek Pouch's healing will be a percentage, maybe as much as 25%. Fixed values tend not to scale well. Don't know if Nuzzle's paralysis chance will be 100%, but I imagine at least 50%.

Parental Bond is a new ability that Mega Kangaskhan is revealed to have. With it, she can attack twice (each attack from mom and baby). Will it mean that Kangaskhan can use powerful physical moves like Earthquake or Sucker Punch twice per turn? How will that affect the metagame?

You might only be able to use a move once for that turn.

But that means you could stack Earthquake and Protect.

I think the second move (when the baby attacks) will be weaker than the first move.

It's not much more powerful than doubling one's attack stat, assuming it's the same attack twice with no power difference. It gets more powerful with moves with side effects, but I don't know if Kangaskhan is good with those.

So seeing Mega Blaziken with its flames that look like fire whips made me realise we could have a new move on it. So Fire Whip or Flame Whip, for names, I guess? It could be similar to Power Whip in being a really powerful physical Fire move with not-so-perfect accuracy, or it could be like Bullet Seed, a physical Fire move that hits 2-5 times, or it could even be a physical Fire version of Double Hit. Either way, a move based on a fire whip would be neat and would look really cool in the anime too.

Wanted to mention that Parental Bond seems to make attacks hit twice rather than actually using the move twice. I'm not sure how added effects or multi-hit moves will work with this.

Some more punch/fang/kick/tail moves? Like:
Water Punch
Shadow fang(creepy)
Fairy Kick
Flame Tail
How about some more descriptive names, like Fountain Punch, Phantom Fang, Mystic Kick, and... I can't really think of anything for Flame Tail.

-Different dimension cyclone/esper/ Physical

The user sharpens its 10th sense to summon a mystical cyclone from an other dimension. The target may be left with confusion

- Aurora Veil-Ice/ status

The user covers itself in beautiful northern lights, it sharply increases evasiveness.

-Gem summon/rock/special

A peculiar attack that summons 7 different types of precious gyms to crash on the target. The target may flinch
( I wish that thy'd focus more on relating rock types with precious gyms :(

- Galaxian Collision-Esper/ special

The infinite senses of the user materialize and hit the target with a mystic spacial force. the user is forced to switch ( if it doe not get knocked out).

- Lux Dragonis/ dragon/ special

The user's majestic appearance sends waves of light that blinds the foe. The foe is rendered unable to switch out.

-Ultimate Deception/ evil/ special - 100+ ( Jesus! we are in dire need of an evil type attack that exceeds 100)

The user tricks the foe into believing in truce and then strikes with every bit of its power. This move is also super effective against fighting types.

- Wailing of zephyr/ flying/ special-130

The user becomes the personification of west wind and it then strikes the foe. this attack also has a chance of paralyzing both the user and the foe.

- Absentia / ice/ special

The user attacks with a surging wave of cold. all the pokemon of both teams become ice types for 3 turns

- Possession/ ghost/ physical

The user posses all possible inanimate matters on the field and sends them crashing on the foe.

- The recesses of the night/ evil/ special

The user sends dark energy that engulfs the whole field and when it is well hidden, it sets out to devastate the foe with multiple sudden attacks

- The art of magic/ fairy/ special

The user restores its HP by 1/3 and it then hits the target with pure wave of magic

I know I went overboard, but I really wish that they were creative with naming the moves lol

i want to see a couple more 'field cleaner' moves (a la rapid spin)

finally give stealth rock a kick in the teeth

something like tidal wave (water obv) and cyclone (flying.. heck they should have some way to combat their mortal enemy) also prevents spinblocking

i was rather disappointed bulldoze in gen 5 didnt clear the field.

I saw this idea on the description for a Mega Ninetales by Dragonith.
Phantom:
If the Pokemon faints, it will execute the last move it was commanded to do upon fainting.

I think Draining Kiss might turn out to be a physical move. When Sylveon uses it in the double battle against Politoed, its animation has it lunge forward, but when Sylveon uses moves like Swift, Moonblast and Fairy Wind it doesn't lunge but stands in the same spot.

If it is physical, it would be good news for Mawile, at least.

I think Draining Kiss might turn out to be a physical move. When Sylveon uses it in the double battle against Politoed, its animation has it lunge forward, but when Sylveon uses moves like Swift, Moonblast and Fairy Wind it doesn't lunge but stands in the same spot.

If it is physical, it would be good news for Mawile, at least.

That's what I'm hoping. Mawile probably doesn't have enough HP to last multiple hits, but likely has enough to not get OHKO'd by most things in conjunction with its resistances, making Draining Kiss a very powerful move for it regardless of its power if it is true that it has a 100% recovery rate. Combine it with Pain Split and you basically have people hating how a base 50 HP Pokemon is surviving.

EDIT:

Alternatively, Draining Kiss could be one of the few special moves that make physical contact.

Last edited:
Trump Card is on that list and we saw Sylveon use Trump Card in its initial trailer and it didn't lunge when it used that move, it stood in the same spot like when using Moonblast and Fairy Wind. So given this, I'm still leaning with Draining Kiss being physical.

Edit: Sylveon using Swift (special), Trump Card (special but makes contact), Draining Kiss (possibly physical), Quick Attack [at 10:45] (physical). Swift + Trump Card have the same, Draining Kiss and Quick Attack have the same (although Draining Kiss has a bit after where Sylveon whips its feelers and drains back, so maybe it is a special move that makes contact and the earlier Trump Card animation wasn't quite finished or Trump Card has changed its classification).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom