• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

I can't for the life of me imagine how or why Trump Card made contact in the first place, so changing it would make sense to me. Or perhaps the animation reflects how the attack would actually look while the stats remain the way they are to increase the amount of contact-making special moves (there's only like five of them, right?).

I'd like to see Sound basically function as an unofficial sub-type.

Pokemon that are sound themed could pick up an ability, i.e. "Amplifier," that gives their sounds moves a x1.5 bonus, the same as any other STAB.

(Potentially as a bonus, all normal typed sound moves could gain neutral coverage against all types.)

Obvious candidates could be the Whismur line and Noivern. It doesn't seem right to me that pokemon that specialize in making sound have the same base power when using sound moves as other species that don't.

I'd like to see Sound basically function as an unofficial sub-type.
I think it could be neat if in the move description there was an icon or something to show if a move was a sound-based move or a contact move, for example. Not too sure of what other subtypes a move would have though.

I'd like see more interesting and varied Poison moves. Similar to Scald and its burn chance, we really need Poison attacks that have chances to burn or paralyze, as a lot of poisonous creatures can cause those effects with their poisons.

I'd like see more interesting and varied Poison moves. Similar to Scald and its burn chance, we really need Poison attacks that have chances to burn or paralyze, as a lot of poisonous creatures can cause those effects with their poisons.

i could see this. in general id like to see more moves with 'off-type' effects

Mega Blastoise has a new ability, Mega Launcher, which boosts the power of "pulse" moves.

Mega Blastoise has a new ability, Mega Launcher, which boosts the power of "pulse" moves.

we dont have many of those.. yet right? water pulse is the only one i know of offhand
Dark and Dragon. The site mentions Dark Pulse so we can assume it learns that this gen. No mention of Dragon Pulse on the site so it may or may not get it. Heal Pulse is Heal Wave in Japanese so it shouldn't be affected, but that is weird for English. Either way I really doubt Blastoise would learn it, and it's not like it's a move that calculates damage anyway.

well i hope we get some neat new pulse moves if blastoise has a whole darn ability based off it :-/

Boost the power of pulse moves? More like boost the power of wave/aura moves. Water Pulse is known as "Aura(Wave) of the Water" and Dragon Pulse "Aura(Wave) of the Dragon". Aura Sphere is known as "Aura Bomb" in Japanese, Aura is referred to as "Wave" or "Wave-Guiding"....Hando iirc.

If we consider similar abilities like Reckless and Iron Fist, Mega Launcher will most likely boost the power of "pulse" moves by 20%. If Water Pulse has the same base power in Gen VI as the move had in past gens, that ability will be relatively useless.

A STAB Water Pulse with a 20% boost will have 108 base power. In that case, Mega Blastoise may be better off with just having Surf (95 base power x STAB = 142.5 power) or Scald (80 BP x STAB = 120 power & 30% chance of burn).

If we consider similar abilities like Reckless and Iron Fist, Mega Launcher will most likely boost the power of "pulse" moves by 20%. If Water Pulse has the same base power in Gen VI as the move had in past gens, that ability will be relatively useless.

A STAB Water Pulse with a 20% boost will have 108 base power. In that case, Mega Blastoise may be better off with just having Surf (95 base power x STAB = 142.5 power) or Scald (80 BP x STAB = 120 power & 30% chance of burn).

reckless and iron fist are also not mega-abilities. i have faith that the moves he has available and the power boost will be in line with other megas. or else.. whats the point? aesthetically i dont like him as much as classic blastoise...

Just came up with this idea when talking with someone.

Dust Tornado Duststorm
Ground
120 power, 70% accuracy
Will receive full accuracy in sunlight and sandstorm. (Maybe it can also hit Flying types?)

Basically a version of Hurricane to be used on sun teams or sand teams, because rain gets a lot of love with boosted Water moves, Thunder and Hurricane. Can be learnt by Ground, Rock, Steel and Flying types?

Last edited:
Probably is going to be new pulse based moves. And i really liked if they introduced more variations of Quick Attack, like a Electric or Dark version.

reckless and iron fist are also not mega-abilities. i have faith that the moves he has available and the power boost will be in line with other megas. or else.. whats the point? aesthetically i dont like him as much as classic blastoise...
And what are "mega abilities"? Other than Kangaskhan and now Blastoise, all Mega Pokemon have abilities that have existed in the past.

I'm seriously hoping Glow Punch is a special fighting attack and that it's a TM with wide distribution. Alakazam and Gengar need more reliable moves because Focus Blast is too inaccurate.

Personally I think Glow Punch is a Fairy type elemental punch attack, that will have the same specs as Ice Punch, Fire Punch etc.

And Mega Abilities are just the ability a Mega Pokemon has upon mega evolving, it's not like a special type of ability. For example, your Venasaur will have the ability overgrow, but while mega evolved, it's ability will be Thick Fat instead. The same thick fat we already know, not any special variation. Presumably then it would go back to Overgrow while not in mega form.

New abilities and moves revealed in CoroCoro

Abilities:
Hard Chin: Chigorasu, the Rock/Dragon T-rex fossil pokemon, has this ability. It can increase the power of biting moves like Crunch, presumably by 20%.
Freeze Skin: Amarasu, the Rock/Ice Diplodocus fossil pokemon, has this ability. All of the pokemon's Normal-type moves will change to Ice-type moves.
Fur Coat: Torimian, the Normal-type alpaca pokemon, has this ability. It takes less damage from contact moves.

New attacks:
Round Eyes: A Fairy-type move that Torimian can learn. It is unknown what it does.

In addition, Geomancy and Oblivion Wing were listed as unknown types in the CoroCoro, even though the English website has them listed as Fairy and Dark-type moves, respectively. Could they be dual-typed?

Last edited:
Freeze Skin: Amarasu, the Rock/Ice Diplodocus fossil pokemon, has this ability. All of the pokemon's Normal-type moves will change to Ice-type moves.

Apparently it also increases their power too. At first I thought this was saying moves used against the Pokemon, so I couldn't understand the point of it all, but since it's the moves it uses it sounds cool as fuck. Teach this thing Return and you get a 150 power Ice move with full friendship. Hopefully some other Ice Pokemon get this (or we just get better physical Ice moves in general).

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom