• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

If they want Ice to be a glass cannon (instead of just being a glass gun, as it is now) stronger Ice abilities in general will have to do. Hail is pitiful compared to every other weather type and maybe snow related abilities can fix that.

Torimian's new Fairy-type move, Round Eyes, is a status move that lowers the opponent's attack.

Apparently it also increases their power too.

I thought the increase in power was STAB, which is why I didn't mention it before. Freeze Skin will definitely be a good ability for Ice-types if it can boost the power of those moves and then increase the base power even further with STAB.

Last edited:
Fur Coat is an interesting ability, if it could be hacked on any Pokemon. It basically makes Physical Fighting attacks weaker since they are all contact moves (I think), and some other Physical attackers won't do as much. Feels like a defensive Huge Power in a sense.

Hard Chin is an ability that I admit is just waiting to be introduced. The number of fang attacks is just asking for an ability that complements them, like Iron Fist. Looks like the elemental Fangs are the go-to attacks to complement this move.

Freeze Skin is the most intriguing one of all. Initially I thought that it turns every attack into an Ice-type like Normalise, but I was relieved to double check that it only turns Normal attacks. Turning every Normal attack into an Ice-type is great for any Ice attacker, so Return or Double-Edge are going to be staples with that ability, and to a lesser extent, Thrash. That is, if the user learns them in the first place.

Thanks for reading.

Fur Coat is an interesting ability, if it could be hacked on any Pokemon. It basically makes Physical Fighting attacks weaker since they are all contact moves (I think), and some other Physical attackers won't do as much. Feels like a defensive Huge Power in a sense.

Hard Chin is an ability that I admit is just waiting to be introduced. The number of fang attacks is just asking for an ability that complements them, like Iron Fist. Looks like the elemental Fangs are the go-to attacks to complement this move.

Freeze Skin is the most intriguing one of all. Initially I thought that it turns every attack into an Ice-type like Normalise, but I was relieved to double check that it only turns Normal attacks. Turning every Normal attack into an Ice-type is great for any Ice attacker, so Return or Double-Edge are going to be staples with that ability, and to a lesser extent, Thrash. That is, if the user learns them in the first place.

Thanks for reading.
It turns Normal type moves into Ice Type moves and it boosts their damage. Imagine a Giga Impact or Hyper Beam with this ability...

Torimian's new Fairy-type move, Round Eyes, is a status move that lowers the opponent's attack.

Apparently it also increases their power too.

I thought the increase in power was STAB, which is why I didn't mention it before. Freeze Skin will definitely be a good ability for Ice-types if it can boost the power of those moves and then increase the base power even further with STAB.

Round Eyes lowers the opponent's attack with increased priority. So it's like a Growl on Prankster I guess.

Edit, but because the scan also wrote Koukeki, I think Round Eyes is a Fairy Quick Attack with Attack lowering on opponent.

Last edited:

Thanks for reading.

Fur Coat cut the power of Physical Moves, not contact moves.

I hope some of these get better English names. Fur Coat is fine, but Hard Chin will hopefully be Strong Jaw or something similar, and Round Eyes sounds like it should be something like Stare Down. Freeze Skin makes it sounds like it has a chance of freezing on contact (which should exist, that would be a great ability), so something I think Frozen Skin is a little better.

Round Eyes seems like it will be called cute eyes or something like it (Stare Down seems completely off the concept imo). It having increased priority and lowering attack makes it seem like it's supposed to be the Pokemon doing a cute look BEFORE it gets attacked, so it's definitely meant to be the: *opponent rushes to attack*, *Pokemon uses Round Eyes* "awww how could I hurt that" sort of thing.

Edit: Puss in Boots in Shrek is an easier way to explain the move.

images

Last edited:

Thanks for reading.

Fur Coat cut the power of Physical Moves, not contact moves.

Ah, so it does reduce the power of Physical moves. Sources of the move's effect are currently in conflict, but it seems to skew more to Physical attack reduction. In that case, it is a defensive variation of Huge Power, assuming it stays that way. Would be an interesting ability to hack on other Pokemon.

Thanks for reading.

I'd go with something like "Puppy Eyes" for Round Eyes, since it's a preexisting phrase in english.

Consider the Pokémon that use it is a dog, yeah, Puppy Eyes makes a lot of sense. It was just straight translating the name without thinking, I should have called it Beady Eyes instead.

Last edited:
Ah, so it does reduce the power of Physical moves. Sources of the move's effect are currently in conflict, but it seems to skew more to Physical attack reduction. In that case, it is a defensive variation of Huge Power, assuming it stays that way. Would be an interesting ability to hack on other Pokemon.
Imagine a furry Shuckle with 460 Defense. Forretress/Ferrothorn would be fun to see hacked too.

It won't be the new Wondertomb though.

In fact, it's a shame it's associated to the fur mechanic: I could see a Mega-Forretress getting such an ability among other boosts.

Imagine a furry Shuckle with 460 Defense. Forretress/Ferrothorn would be fun to see hacked too.

It won't be the new Wondertomb though.

In fact, it's a shame it's associated to the fur mechanic: I could see a Mega-Forretress getting such an ability among other boosts.

Forretress could get this ability anyway, under a different name. We already have some abilities that're functionally identical- Battle Armor vs Shell Armor, Huge Power vs Pure Power, Filter vs Solid Rock.

Freeze Skin is Refrigerate
Fur Coat is Fur Coat
Hard Jaw is Strong Jaw
Annnnnnd Round Eyes is Baby-Doll Eyes :l uck

With the increase of effectiveness of Ghost-types, it would be funny if this generation introduced a Ghost-type version of Double-Edge, a Ghost-type version of Seed Bomb as well as a Ghost-type version of Overheat. Now that would put it in similar territory as Dragon-types in terms of power.

Thanks for reading.

baby-doll eyes. cant say im shocked, but i would have liked 'puppydog eyes' or something, then give it to snubbull!

strong jaw was a pretty logical name given the effect :) but good call on it regardless.

'refrigerate'- im ok with this.

Baby doll eyes sounds a bit weird to me. I guess they were going for puppy dog eyes but didn't want to make it sound like it was limited to canine pokemon. Then again moves with much more narrow names like Okutank Cannon can be learned by other pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom