• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

The way I see it, they should just nerf Stealth Rocks. Either cut it's damage in half, or make flying/levitating Pokemon immune to it. I would prefer this rather than another entry remover since both hazards and hazard cleaners do not make for exciting game play.

Stealth Rocks aren't so bad when you're playing 3/6 v 3/6 singles or 4/6 v 4/6 doubles. They're officially supported formats that move faster than 6v6, which doesn't place as much emphasis on switching.

What I'm hoping for is some Pokemon, Amaura or otherwise, to take advantage of Refridgerate with ExtremeSpeed, or maybe even Explosion.

I wonder if improving Rock Throw will make Stealth Rock not much of an issue. Maybe make Rock Throw do double damage if Stealth Rock is on your side of the field in addition to clearing it, so that it does 100 BP of damage to the opponent, creating a sort of risk for them if they themselves have Rock-weak Pokemon.

Thanks for reading.

Since Gen 5 introduced special moves that target the opponent's defense instead of the special defense (like Psyshock and Secret Sword) i would like phsysical moves that target the opponent's special defense.

What if there was an ability that reversed the type effectiveness of attacks against its user? E.g. an attack that is normally 2x or 4x becomes 1/2x or 1/4x, and vice versa. (Any immunities would be converted to a double weakness.)

That could prove very interesting.

Marill is seen using a new Fairy-type move at 2:04. It seems to be a physical move (good for Marill's Huge Power).
The move's Japanese name is Child's Play.
[video=youtube;TotwurUNRdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TotwurUNRdI[/video]

Last edited:
Possibly another new Fairy-type move for Sylveon at 1:11. It's a sound-based move.
[video=youtube;CodWvxn_9Ik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CodWvxn_9Ik&feature=youtu.be[/video]

^^Someone suggested that it sounded like a Party Horn, and I tend to agree.

I have to wonder if "Child's Play" will be translated to something more like "Rough-housing" or "Horseplay", since "Frolic" doesn't sound like an attack, really.

"Frolic" doesn't sound like an attack, really.

Neither did Tickle really, but hey, it's a move.

Child's Play looks somewhat powerful, though. Child's Play = fairy type version of Foul Play maybe?

(Foul Play is named Trickery in the Japanese versions.)

Yeah, but Tickle doesn't do damage, Child's Play does. It's not really that "Frolic" doesn't sound like a move, but that it doesn't sound like a move that does damage. Not to me, anyway.

Gosh, there is no prize in guessing the English name of the moves right and we are less than a month away from release. I just hope they give more loves to Dark, Ghost, Steel, Bug, and Poison moves, especially Dark and Ghost because Dark Aura is gonna suck and I envision a ghost move where ghostly hands reach out from the ground.

I still can't get over how beautiful Geomancy and Oblivion Wing are. Here's hoping they are practical :p

I'd like a Psychic move with huge base power (some sort of drawback, naturally) that is distributed well.
And/or a Psychic move that has a higher chance to cause confusion (low/mediocre BP probably)

Anything, really, called Mind Crush :3

That's probably a better name for the confusion move, maybe just because I prefer one word names.

As long as the high BP move sounds very painful I'd like the name. But really, psychic does need a high power move to show off their high Sp.Atk more.

i would like to see more types get the high (120+) power moves with drawbacks.

i could see a psychic counterpart of superpower (call it overload or something) that drops specialatk and specialdef when used.

i also wouldnt mind a dark type 'hyper beam' called obliterate or something like that

I still can't get over how beautiful Geomancy and Oblivion Wing are. Here's hoping they are practical :p

I'd like a Psychic move with huge base power (some sort of drawback, naturally) that is distributed well.
And/or a Psychic move that has a higher chance to cause confusion (low/mediocre BP probably)

Anything, really, called Mind Crush :3
Can't leave out how great Boomburst looks too.

Both the new moves seem interesting. I'll admit that Child's Play first reminded me of Foul Play. It seemed to do a lot of damage to Haxorus too.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom