• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

Aurorus, the evolution of Amaura, can learn a new Ice-type move called "Freeze Dry" that is super-effective against Water-type pokemon and has a chance to freeze the opponent.

So dual typed moves are confirmed. Is that a 99.99% accuracy rating for the Pokebeach rumors yet? xP

Not sure how common dual type moves will be. If they're rare that could give some types a much needed boost.

If this turns out well...I might even be convinced that Game Freak does not want Ice to be the joke type :p

I hope that move isn't just signature move of Auroras. It sounds really good, and it would be cool to see it have decent distribution amongst only Ice-types. Give it a decent base power, please, Game Freak.

If freeze dry is in deed a double typed move (and not just a normal ice move with extra SE on water), then the second type is either electric or grass...and if it is electric then we have a STAB boltbeam in one move @____@ Why ice is left with no new resistances is becoming clearer and clearer.

I think the term "double type" may have just been what the rumor source assumed based on what they saw.

From WPM on June 15th said:
A few attacks will be dual-typed. (WPM Note: Many people are interpreting this as an attack shooting out two types at once, but it could just be that the attack switches types under certain conditions or something like that.)

The name doesn't really sound like an Electric or Grass move. I think it just as the extra effect of being SE against Water. Also, "a few attacks" means there won't be many attacks like this, if that part is also accurate.

I think the term "double type" may have just been what the rumor source assumed based on what they saw.

From WPM on June 15th said:
A few attacks will be dual-typed. (WPM Note: Many people are interpreting this as an attack shooting out two types at once, but it could just be that the attack switches types under certain conditions or something like that.)

The name doesn't really sound like an Electric or Grass move. I think it just as the extra effect of being SE against Water. Also, "a few attacks" means there won't be many attacks like this, if that part is also accurate.

Yeah, I realize that. I said in my post that it is a possibility in case freeze dry doesn't end up being a normal ice move with extra effect :)
Buuuuut, even so, The icy dino will now be able to slaughter 8 types with SE damage....and also ghost types will finally have a taste of giga impact and destruction beam. Now this is a buff for ice types. ( unless the stats are horrible X__x).

unless the stats are horrible X__x
Please Game Freak, don't give Freeze Dry less than 80 BP :V

So far it just seems like our little icy dinosaur is getting the royal treatment. I hope they buff some older Ice types. Whether by improving some abilities and Hail or just giving them new moves Ice really needs a buff now that Fairy is the premier Dragon killer.

unless the stats are horrible X__x
Please Game Freak, don't give Freeze Dry less than 80 BP :V

So far it just seems like our little icy dinosaur is getting the royal treatment. I hope they buff some older Ice types. Whether by improving some abilities and Hail or just giving them new moves Ice really needs a buff now that Fairy is the premier Dragon killer.
I totally agree. Freeze dry should be 80 > BP to justify having an ice/ rock ( aka a major jeopardy with 2 double weakness and a gazillion other weakness) on the field.

Yeah, I would ( kinda) be fine with the new type chart and GF's unfairness to ice types if they buff the type with hail, moves and stats. I want them to make ice a real glass * mother***** gustav max * canon XD

With this Freeze Dry move, Water/Ground types will have another 4x weakness along with Grass.

Actually, Water/Dragon, Water/Flying, Water/Grass and Water/Ground, all gain a 4x weakness to this Ice move. Water/Ground was just the first one that I thought of, for some reason.

Holy cow!!!! fairies will be eclipsed by ice now. too many things will have X4 weakness to ice now :p

Dear GF,

Do not give other types a treat like freeze dry.

Yours,
fans

inb4 GF crushes your hopes and dreams for their amusement.

i want to see a dragon-type biting move for tyrantrum to take advantage of his pokeability.

Wasn't there a rumour a while back about Clauncher getting a similar move, a water-type attack that dealt SE damage to flying types?

inb4 GF crushes your hopes and dreams for their amusement.

i want to see a dragon-type biting move for tyrantrum to take advantage of his pokeability.
I know X__X I am just living in denial lol.

Would want that too, but would prefer a poetic name for the move...like fangs draconis or something lol

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom