• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

Remember that there's a Basculin with Rock Head and Mold Breaker as abilities it cannot get normally. I wonder if Basculin's Hidden Ability will default to Rock Head.

By the way, Chandelure and its kin seems to get Infiltrator as their ability. It's a pity that Shadow Tag isn't the one roaming for free, because that would've been a really awesome ability to use. Still, Infiltrator's got some improvements, from what I heard. It goes through Substitutes, meaning it will be the bane of any Sub-Seeder, and it will pressure a Substitute user because they are not safe at all. I hope that it gets Shadow Tag somewhere along the line.

On other news, there are these new abilities and moves that benefit Grass-types, which I love to hear about. An ability that directly benefit Grass-types is Flower Veil, which makes them unable to get stat reductions, and I hope it includes would-be self-inflicted drops such as Leaf Storm and Superpower. Grassy Terrain is a great field effect that powers up Grass-type moves and provide passive recovery, and if you use Gogoat with Grass Pelt (that's its hidden ability), then it even gets a Defence boost! That's not getting into the two moves that boost Grass-type's stats: Flower Shield and Rototiller. Now all they need is a form of Speed control such as Tailwind or Trick Room. Maybe Grass-types would be hard to use since they have several weaknesses and are resisted by many, but those boosts are very much appreciated!

Thanks for reading.

Apparentely there's an ability called Gale Wings, it's most likely the ability The Outrage mentioned that gives priority to Flying type moves and it would be awesome if Staraptor or Braviary could have this ability, STAB Brave Bird with priority from these two pokemon would wreck stuff up.

So there's a possibility Hidden abilities have been switched up.....it won't be so bad if stuff like Staraptor changed its Hidden Ability.

I dunno if this has been mentioned in the 11 previous pages, but ever since 2009 I've been dying for the following ability <3

Denial
>In game description: All damaging moves' effects stop working.
>Actual description: All moves' effects will not activate, provided the move is either physical or special ('other' moves are unaffected). Ice Punch will not freeze, Night Slash has a regular Critical Hit ratio, Quick Attack does not have priority, Sacred Fire does not defrost and can't burn, Thunder can miss in the rain, etc. You get the idea. Basically, all moves become elemental Tackles with different base power :3 tl;dr, it's an ability that's supposed to remove the 'hax' factor of the game to a certain extent (can't control misses and crits).

Um...i know its been a week but nobody said anything...thats what shield dust does. dustox and a few other bug and grass types get it. So...that already exists.

So i just read that King's Shield of Aegislash has +4 priority wich basically it's Protect but it also lowers the opponent's Attack when it makes contact with it, Aegislash is freaking awesome.

Grassy Terrain sounds like an interesting option on a Gogoat with the Grass Pelt ability. Gogoat has great special bulk, and Grassy Terrain would patch up its less impressive physical defense while also powering up its Horn Leech. It could see it being quite a pain to take down.

So i just read that King's Shield of Aegislash has +4 priority wich basically it's Protect but it also lowers the opponent's Attack when it makes contact with it, Aegislash is freaking awesome.

I read from bulbapedia that it was +3, alongside Spiky Shield.
Or was that just a guess?

I read from bulbapedia that it was +3, alongside Spiky Shield.
Or was that just a guess?
It says +4 on Serebii but even if it's +3 it's too powerfull, like this can stop a physical sweeper in just one turn.

Last edited:
So I'm experimenting with Hawlucha's new Flying Press and it does seem to do both Fighting and Flying typed damage at the same time (e.g. it is SE against both Normal and Fighting). Turns out that Fighting and Flying are actually very complementary in what they're effective against -- e.g. there is no target type vulnerable to both of them at the same time, so the game really can just do a straight multiplication across.

2x: Normal, Ice, Dark; Grass, Fighting
1x: Rock, Steel, Bug
1/2x: Psychic, Poison, Fairy; Electric
Immune: Ghost

With a type matchup like this I bet it can absolutely WRECK a Scrafty or Abomasnow....

Last edited:
I am quoting myself from the travelog:

I just leveled up Vespiquen and she learns a new move at level 57 (the german name is Stachelfinale) along the lines of "Stinger Finale" 25PP, 30 Power, 100 Acc. and if the wielder manages to knock out the opponent with the move, its Attack increases two stages.

I've been playing around with Power-up Punch in the Battle Maison, and it seems like it was made to be paired with the Assault Vest. Chesnaught with the vest can take hits comfortably from both sides of the attacking spectrum, while still being able to boost since Power-up Punch is an attacking move. If only it had Drain Punch to provide some recovery...

I've been playing around with Power-up Punch in the Battle Maison, and it seems like it was made to be paired with the Assault Vest. Chesnaught with the vest can take hits comfortably from both sides of the attacking spectrum, while still being able to boost since Power-up Punch is an attacking move. If only it had Drain Punch to provide some recovery...

It does have recovery via leech-seed, which is unusable under the vest.
I'm a proponent of the build I call the shield mixed assault, with STAB + powerful coverage move (or another STAB) + Leech Seed + Spiky Shield

So, I think I found this Generation's move that no one will ever see...

Rototiller - AttackDex - Serebii.net

Rototiller, only learned by three early Rodent Pokemon...through the Move Re-Learner.

I'm wondering what happens if you use this move when battling the pest Bug Pokemon in the Berry Field, seems like it'd have a secondary effect.

Discovering Scolipede having Speed Boost, during fighting in battle maison, shocked and frightened me.

Milotic now has Competitive as a secondary ability, according to Serebii.

It's making me wonder where Feebas or Milotic was found. I assume it's through Friend Safari.

Hello, I don't mean to be totally random out of the blue but I've saw on this site that u don't get the prism scale from a pickup pokemon ability till like lvl 51 or something but yesterday I got one from my pachirisu. if I can remember between lvl 39 starting or somewhere in the 40s. it's lvl 56 now but I was just curious about that ..pardon me if I'm old news with this if u already noticed about it xDD

Milotic now has Competitive as a secondary ability, according to Serebii.

It's making me wonder where Feebas or Milotic was found. I assume it's through Friend Safari.

It might be Battle Maison. I came up against a Serperior with Contrary even though that's not released yet.

@Eradia; @Stratelier;
Actually, since Feebas were likely transferred across Pokemon Bank (I got one through Wonder Trade), it wouldn't be that out of the question that people bred Feebas and found out it had Oblivious (which turns to Competitive upon evolution). It's not a hidden ability, so anyone breeding a Swift Swim Feebas has a 20% chance of getting Oblivious if female, or 50% if male.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom