• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

It's not a hidden ability, so anyone breeding a Swift Swim Feebas has a 20% chance of getting Oblivious if female, or 50% if male.
I've never heard of abilities varying between genders (in species whose genders are not different Pokedex entries).

It's not a hidden ability, so anyone breeding a Swift Swim Feebas has a 20% chance of getting Oblivious if female, or 50% if male.
I've never heard of abilities varying between genders (in species whose genders are not different Pokedex entries).

I think he's referring to the gender of the parent, and the chance of passing on the ability based on that.

I'd like to see certain moves and abilities changed based on "infatuation". The change is simple but would modify competitive gameplay, have it so all genderless pokemon are effected by Infatuation regardless of the opponents gender. Normal genderless pokemon can breed with Dito, and in this universe (unquestionable) that means love is in the air. So, that means all pokemon can fall in love.

Infatuation abilities would also effect genderless pokemon as well, like Cute Charm. Alternatively, if a genderless pokemon holds a Destiny Knot then their opponent would become Infatuated as well, regardless of their gender.

I'd like to see a move akin to Trick Room that either reverses or negates the priority of moves or moves that are affected by abilities like Prankster.

reviving this old thread so these ideas can get out of my head

Soothing Scent - Contact with Pokemon lowers the attacker's Attack stat.
Possible Candidates: Meganium, Leafeon

Similar to Gooey, this ability was inspired by Meganium's ability to calm aggressive feelings with its scent. With this ability, taking these two Pokemon down with physical moves becomes rather difficult, especially if the attacker is choice-locked into a contact move. Leafeon can also take advantage of Baton Pass to switch out to a counter after being struck in a similar strategy to Parting Shot.

Nullify - Cancels the effect of abilities on moves targeting this Pokemon.
Possible candidates: Dusknoir, Bastiodon, Kyurem, Carbink

[abilities affected: Adaptability, Aerilate, Analytic, Blaze, Compound Eyes, Dark Aura, Fairy Aura, Flare Boost, Gale Wings*, Guts, Huge Power, Hustle, Infiltrator, Iron Fist, Magician, Mega Launcher, Moxie, No Guard, Overgrow, Parental Bond, Pixilate, Poison Touch, Prankster*, Protean*, Pure Power, Reckless, Refrigerate, Rivalry, Rock Head, Sand Force, Scrappy, Serene Grace, Sheer Force, Skill Link, Sniper, Solar Power, Stench, Strong Jaw, Super Luck, Swarm, Technician, Tinted Lens, Torrent, Tough Claws, Toxic Boost]
*excludes self-targeting moves

A sister ability to Mold Breaker that cancels out the effect of offensive abilities that target the user, in much the same way Mold Breaker cancels out defensive abilities on Pokemon targeted by the user. A great ability for countering Megas, who often rely on damage boosting abilities to compensate for the lack of a held item. Dusknoir in particular completely ruins "-ate" ability users, as not only do they lose STAB but their previously boosted attacks will do no damage at all.

Hibernator - Restores 1/8 of the user's HP every turn it spends asleep.
Possible candidates: Ursaring, Kingdra, Musharna

Like Poison Heal, only with sleep instead of Poison, this ability naturally lends itself to RestTalk strategies. Even without Sleep Talk, it greatly improves the chances of the Pokemon being able to survive two turns of sleep, making Rest a fairly reliable form of recovery.

I thought of two recently:

Levitation: A Psychic variant of Magnet Rise.

Bewildering Breeze: The user blows a disorienting gust of wind that blows away the opponent's item. Can also cause confusion (75%).

Pressure Punch
Water
75 BP, 100 Accuracy
The user attacks quickly with a fist of high pressure water. A shockwave damages the target next to the opponent as well.

A Water punching move. The idea came when I was thinking about a potential mantis shrimp Pokemon. Their punches create bubbles which when they collapse cause shockwaves. So the effect hitting enemies adjacent to the target felt fitting, and Flame Burst already has a similar effect so it's nothing new.

Of course, some existing Pokemon like Poliwrath and Crabrawler could learn it.

Lighting Dash
Electric
85BP, 100 accuracy
The user charges at the opponent at lightningspeed. Has a 10 percent change to paralyze.

Because I really feel we need a stronger physical electric move than Thunder Punch that doesn't recoil like Wild Charge.

Notable (but not limited to) users: Pikachu, Raichu, Arcanine, Manectric, Typhlosion, Manectric, Luxray, Zebstrika, Zeraora' Tapu Koko, Klinklang.

Flame Shot
Type:Fire
40 BP, 100 Accuracy
Category: Special
A special fire type counterpart to quick attack.

Electric Shot
A special electric type counterpart to quick attack,

The above two are created so we actually have special priority attacks.

Pixie Rush
Type:Fairy
70 BP, 100 Accuracy, 10% Chance for the target to flinch
Category: Physical
A physical fairy move that isn’t play rough.

Freeze Kick
Type: Ice
80 BP, 95 accuracy. Increased critical hit ratio and 10 percent chance to flinch the target.
Notable users: Hitmontop, Hitmonlee, Tauros, Medicham, Lopunny, Mienshao

Elec Kick
Type: Electric
80 BP, 95 accuracy. Increased critical hit ratio and 10 percent chance to flinch the target.
Notable users: Hitmontop, Hitmonlee, Tauros, Medicham, Lopunny, Mienshao, Raichu, Zebstrika, Jolteon, Blaziken, Tsareena

Because we already have the Elemental Punches, but no Elemental Kicks despite having Blaze Kick.

No notable ice users?
Beartic and Glaceon would work.

Also, some new moves if possible.

Fairy Spinout
Type: Fairy
The user creates invisible tentacles/ribbons to wrap the target, causing them to spinout.
May cause confusion for 5 turns.
Notable (but not limited to) users: Sylveon

Vine Bury
Type: Grass
The users grows the vines to bury the opponent underground. Never miss.

Solar Burn
Type: Grass
The user summons sunlight to produce high-temperature radiation on the target. May cause burn and disabling the Water-type or Ice-type attacks for five turns.
Category: Special

I've had this one idea doing the tonga in my head for the longest of times and have been personally wondering why it isn't a thing yet.

Name: Repair
Type: Steel
Category: Other
PP: 10
Power: --
Accuracy: --
Description: By mending any damage to its inorganic exterior, the user restores its own HP by half of its max HP.
Effect: Heals 50% of the user's max HP, akin to Recover and company.
Some examples of users: Forretress, Steelix, Skarmory, Aggron, Metagross, Regi trio, Bronzong, Magnezone, Probopass, Klinklang.

I think one of the largest flaws most Steel types face is that they tend to have no reliable recovery moves; being forced to rely on Rest if a fast boost to HP is required. Given that we have Roost, a recovery move associated with Flying types, I thought another type-themed version would slot in nicely.

I've had this one idea doing the tonga in my head for the longest of times and have been personally wondering why it isn't a thing yet.

Description: By mending any damage to its inorganic exterior, the user restores its own HP by half of its max HP.
Some examples of users: Forretress, Steelix, Skarmory, Aggron, Metagross, Regi trio, Bronzong, Magnezone, Probopass, Klinklang.

I think one of the largest flaws most Steel types face is that they tend to have no reliable recovery moves; being forced to rely on Rest if a fast boost to HP is required. Given that we have Roost, a recovery move associated with Flying types, I thought another type-themed version would slot in nicely.
I like this idea. I know it would be redundant, but it seems like it could thematically fit with Porygon as well (you know, like data repair?).

Klefki should work, too, as does Magearna.

Yeah, I wasn't going to list out every single pick. They're just the first fully-evolved ones that came to mind at the time.

Name: Jurassic Maw
Type: Rock
Power: 85 BP
Accuracy: 100%
Effect: 10% chance of flinching
Notable Users: Nidoking, Rhyperior, Aerodactyl, Feraligatr, Tyranitar, Aggron, Armaldo, Salamence, Rampardos, Garchomp, Hippowdon, Gliscor, Krookodile, Arechops, Chesnaught (maybe), Tyrantrum, Lycanroc, Kommo-o

if they create some physical sound moves and new special sound damage dealing moves for : ghost, psychic, steel, electric, fighting, fire, ground, rock then I would be happy.

Sound or Bell Hammer? would fit steel better then Metal Sound what should get a buff by now.
Sound Sword? fairy or psychic? or Warrior Scream- fighting, or Sound Punch? Thunder Concert-electric or Thunder Dance-physical damage?

For fire I could see both. Heat and fire that hit , explode and use sound.

Interesting will be to see if we get more halloween orieted pokemon new pumpkin and other kind based.
Also would be cool if we got a european grass/dragon rose style based , that would be really cool after what we got till now.
Could see a ability: Sleep Dorn Armor - oponent when hiting a pokemon with this ability physically will go into sleep status for 3 turns.

More skleton, graveyard and horror oriented pokemon... water/ghost,
rock/ghost(cat god on 2 feet)

Imagine a small weak pokemon let's say fairy transform into a big strong fairy/dark, fairy/ghost when under sleep condition but still able to attack normally for 3 turns and rewerts back if woken up.
Could see a Sleep Dance damage dealing move with priority for it that would put the user into sleep status after that.
Would need better stats then Wishiwashi base form and school form bc it would only last 3 turns or till oponent wakes it up some way.

A pokemon that under infatutation would gain fairy or fighting typing ?

a water/fairy type that when frozen or hit or when self using a ice move and becomes ice/fairy after that.

Imagine a steel type that when burned by the oponent gains fire typing and hp back instead of losing it. The same could be with a other pokemon and poison status.

imagine a pokemon that when becomes confused or flinches in battle gains secondary "ghost" or "fighting" typing and starts to move normally in battle instead of getting the bad effect?

still waiting for 2 more shedinja like pokemon that one would be a skeleton dragon/ghost dragon immune to all special moves and one a shadow trasnparent centaur or panther that would be immune to all physical moves but both would have more hp and speed then shedinja but more restricted movesets and very weak oposite status to the immunity one for Moldbrekers to counter them.

Last edited:
Abilities:
  1. Erosion: Deals damage equal to 1/16 of max health to enemy ground and rock types. (Needs to be exclusive to certain water types.)
  2. Incorporeal: Immune to all contact moves, but status cannot be cured. (Needs to be Shedinja-like gimmicky exclusive ability)
  3. Tolerance: Special Attack equivalent to Guts
  4. Absolute Zero: 10% chance to freeze enemies that make contact. (Yes I know that this is Sheer Cold's Japanese name!)
  5. Beautiful: Infatuates enemy when switched in and enemy is the opposite gender.
  6. Channel: Deals all recoil from recoil-causing moves to the target instead.
  7. Mirror Bounce: Entry hazards are thrown to enemy's side when switched in.
  8. Desperation: Similar to Custap Berry, user will have increased priority when under 1/4 health
  9. Evaporate: Negates damage to user from water type moves, but decreases power of fire-type moves. (given to fire types, decreasing power similar to Flash Fire.)
  10. Shield Breaker: Removes the effects of Protect, Reflect, Light Screen, Spiky Shield, Baneful Bunker, Substitute, Tailwind, and all Terrains
  11. Z-Cancel: Doesn't allow the foe to use their Z-move
  12. Fearless: Halves Damage from Ghost and Dark type moves, and is not affected by Intimidate.

ability:

Kings Order- makes the user immune to blade, sword, cut, slash, bite, fang, crunch and weapon like moves like water shuriken and spirit schackle. It would be similar amount like Bullet proof or a regular immunity.

Think of a fairy/ground pig or something similar with kings motive. Could see Slowking mega with this really.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom