• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Names for Rotom Forms and Frontier Facilities (Maybe Brain names too!)

Jnoo

WTF?
Reaction score
Names haven't been revealed for the Brains, but I'll add them here once they're revealed.

Anyway, here's what Serebii reported:

Cut Rotom is known as Mow Rotom
Spin Rotom is known as Fan Rotom
All other Rotom forms keep their Japanese names

The Frontier Facilities (Excluding Tower and Factory) are as follows:

Battle Roulette=Battle Arcade
Battle Stage=Battle Hall
Battle Castle=Unchanged

Match Place is called the Battleground. That's the area where you re-battle Gym Leaders

And the Platinum Orb is called the Griseous Orb

That's it right now. If the Brain names come, I'll add them here, too.

Griseous? What the hell?

The other changes are fine, but this makes zero sense. You'd think they'd want a name that's easy for kids to remember/say. Not to mention Platinum is, you know, the name of the game.

I looked up the definition of griseious, and it means: gray; pearly-gray. To bad the Platinum Orb is a goldish color...

...Battle Hall? What the hell was wrong with "Battle Stage"?

Also... I have a strange feeling Kate's gonna be renamed "Holly" with this new revelation. Given NOA's penchant for alliteration.

If I was going to wager a guess I would say that the ROM has been leaked.

The what Orb? I'm never going to be able to spell that. :eek: It's like Pluto: why even bother changing that?

Heh, does anyone else think that all the Rotom form names, both the originals and the new ones, totally suck? I don't know what it is about them, but they all throw me off.

Joe just said in IRC chat he suspects Cochran's name has been changed to Darach. A Google search revealed it's a variant on the Gaelic for "oak".

If this is true, NoA's really reaching now without Nob Ogarasawa. Also, I'm sorta dreading hearing him dubbed with a stereotypical Irish accent.

Joe just said in IRC chat he suspects Cochran's name has been changed to Darach. A Google search revealed it's a variant on the Gaelic for "oak".

If this is true, NoA's really reaching now without Nob Ogarasawa. Also, I'm sorta dreading hearing him dubbed with a stereotypical Irish accent.

for those who don't make it their lives work to learn the Japanese names of Pokemon things, what does half of that mean, in English?

for those who don't make it their lives work to learn the Japanese names of Pokemon things, what does half of that mean, in English?

Cochran/Darach is the Frontier Brain of the Battle Castle.

EDIT: Joe has just reported that Stage Madonna Kate is now Hall Matron Argenta.

Thorton? Battle Arcade? Hall? Arthena?

The only one they did right was Caitlin imo. At least they kept Dahlia's name,but why did they bother changing the name of the Platinum orb? Then again I remember them changing the name of the Diamond and Pearl orbs.(If I remember correctly.)

For now, I'll stick to the japanese names(even though some of them aren't even Japanese in the original version.)

These names, except for Caitlin, are absolutely dreadful. Period.

Argenta.

ARGENTA.

Argenta? That's even worse than what I misread.

I say Nejiki gets the cake for the worst dubbed name though,so does Pluto.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom