• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New on the block...

Patrick Kennedy

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the forums. Looks like there is a lot of great content on the site. I'm a old skool trainer, started way way way back on the OG gameboy R/B/Y days. I remember many days of training, nights on with the cork screw light attachment for the OG gameboy, yes they were not back lit and needed a source of light to play in the dark, many vacations chasing my pocket monsters. Well I picked up the gameboy ( 3ds ) again and started on a new pokemon adventure with my son. I've started with the VC version of Blue. My sole goal is to become the greatest trainer of all time, lol no, really its just to build up my pokedex again.
My biggest concern/need is what generation should I start at with the goal of catching em` all? Will I need to play all the versiond and use the pokebank to complete this task? Or is there a generation that has ALL previous gen pokemon including legendary ( game exclusives ) wrapped up in a more current title? Or should I just continue on the path I started and play through all the gens? I have a week ( 20ish hours ) into blue, 5 badges 50-60 logged into the pokedex. Looking to save time on older gens where their pokemon are catchable in newer content.
Thanks for the read and the help.
Charmander..... Fire spin.....

Hi Patrick! Welcome to the forums.

That's so cool that you're playing with your son. I hope to spread the love of Pokemon to my own kids when I eventually have them, and let them "inherit" some of my favourite mons that I have saved up over the years.

As for your question, I basically started with X in 2014 and still managed to complete the national dex (all pokemon that had been released up til that time) using the WonderTrade and GTS options. I've managed to do the same on the newest title (UltraMoon) despite it not having a national dex so, barring mythicals, you could get most of what you want in the newest game using the GTS, which allows you to trade Pokemon with trainers all over the world.

Good luck and happy Poke-travels to you and your son, and I hope you enjoy your time here on the forums!

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom