• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review New OP and ED "Become an Arrow! 2013" & "Sakura-Go-Round!"

Whaaaa!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! I LOVE THIS OPENING! I find it so rocketshippy Musashi takes the same pose as Kojiro! And I dream?!!!! They will again help Beladonis?! YEAHHH! LOVE!! LOVE!!! LOVE!!!!

I absolutely love those two Team Rocket scenes in the opening! Their first appearance, posing, was very cool (though I wonder why did they pair Meowth and Jessie and gave James a spot just for him), but the last scene, when they appear with Looker, is so awesome (though, again, I wonder why did they pair Meowth and Jessie and left James alone) - the twerps seem to be running from Team Plasma and then a Scolipede and a Mienfoo (iirc) are knocked out by what we find out to be the Team Rocket + Looker! Pretty cool! I hope this means a lot.

Huh, I saw Concordia and Anthea in the intro and in the ending too, with young N. Good to know that they'll make an appearance.

Picture of a young Concordia and Anthea from the ending. Not that much older than N by the looks of things.
2ir2q7c.jpg

Last edited:
The opening was pretty good; superb animation and fantastic action. And LOL, the Trio's in the middle and N's just sort of...of to the side.

The ending was horrendous, however. Mite Mite wasn't anything to write home about, but at least it wasn't this. Hopefully it'll grow on me.

Kojiro getting to be badass by himself, while my two favorite characters get to be in my avatar? Now this is more like it.

Ending song was disappointing. Hopefully we get one more before the series ends.

Gosh, I love the OP the remix is pretty good! The scenes are absolutely amazing and N is so so so handsome in the beginning~ And nice to see that goddesses are seen in there too!
I love the ED too, it's cute and relaxing, and those N scenes <3 Also Pikachu and Satoshi sleeping, soo cute (; w ;)~

THE ENDING WAS REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!! REALLY!!!! GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
N AND HIS SISTERS PLAYING WITH POKEMON AT A YOUNG AGE!!!!!!
N Baby why aren't you wearing a coat in the snow
N why are you a cute

N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I swear the pictures they used for the ending were REALlY CUTE!!!!!

AH!!!!!

And the opening yeah that was badass too,

Lovely, scenes.

-Kairyu and Lizardon are BFFS XD

-Kairyu, Kibago, Pikachu, Mijumaru seem to be the main ones fighting off TEAM PLASMA POKEMON!

-Gantle is also seen.

-Cheren looked awesome with Haderia fighting Miju!

-We got a scene from the skipped Rocket-two parter!

-Handsome and TR both fighting Team Plasma together XD

-Lizardon fights Reshiram and Genesect Gang are attacking!

I think if that episode when Handsome and TR both fighting Team Plasma together airs that means the party's over TR has declared WAR on Team Plamsma!

Filb has HD version of both openings now. N seems to be watching the battle between Cheren and Satoshi, I wasn't sure if he would really tag along for most of this saga but I guess it is happening. Will N get a more human-like look in his eyes or will he keep his creepy, dead eyes? Only his ophthalmologist nows.

Am I the only one who finds it kinda strange that between all those Unova Pokémon in N's scenes there is a Guardevoir for some reason?

Is this the first time they used actual episode footage in an opening? Oshawott's Aqua Jet for example is clearly from his battle against Palpitoad in [bp]BW032[/bp].

Some of the animation seems to be taken from previous episodes that had nothing to do with Episode N. I'm surprised that Pignite wasn't featured in this remixed opening, though. Team Plasma and Liepard were seen attacking a city (maybe Castelia) during the new opening, so there might be episodes in the future that deal with a similar plotline as the scrapped TR vs. TP episodes.

The one thing that surprised me in the opening was that Jessie and Meowth were paired together twice while James was alone. Meowth was standing on Jessie's shoulder when TRio and Looker confronted the Team Plasma grunts, and Jessie and Meowth had their own little screen.

The ending surprised me too. I didn't think that Scraggy would be replaced with Charizard, but whatever.

Am I the only one who finds it kinda strange that between all those Unova Pokémon in N's scenes there is a Guardevoir for some reason?
Gardevoir is N's mother. There were three Growlithe, too.
... I'm okay with Gardevoir appearing. It appearing in those two Pokemon crowd scenes made me like the ending even more. I... I am such an obvious Gardevoir fan, aren't I? ;_;

Anyway, the opening theme I liked. I really don't care if they used a small bit of stock footage in it, it was still a good opening theme. Charizard's appearance was neat. Not because I'm blinded by Charizard Love, but because it is fun to see an old face again. It gives you an inkling of desire that Ash uses some more of his older Pokemon sometime, but that's highly unlikely.

This almost felt like a dub opening with clips from episodes in it.

One thing I must point out, its safe to say we likely won't be seeing any cameos of Ash's older friends for the rest of the generation. There were NO scenes of Ash's older travel companions at all. I guess that seals Brock's fate.

I guess that seals Brock's fate.
And Giovanni's, by your logic. I guess that Team Rocket won't have any reason to leave, then.

The point is there's no old character montage. This is actually the first generation where Misty did not get an appearance in one of the openings. She was in a few of the AG openings and in High Touch. I knew this would happen, and I guess its safe to say there will be no cameos from older companions.

The point is there's no old character montage. This is actually the first generation where Misty did not get an appearance in one of the openings. She was in a few of the AG openings and in High Touch. I knew this would happen, and I guess its safe to say there will be no cameos from older companions.
I guess it is safe to say that Team Rocket won't get the big finale that you were hoping for.

I guess it is safe to say that Team Rocket won't get the big finale that you were hoping for.

They went back to the Kanto motto, and they're paired with Looker in the opening making it look like they're on the road to redemption.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom