• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

New opening and ending start October 2nd!

Kairyu

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
They'll start with DP 96-97 (The Galactic episodes), airing october 2.

The opening translates to "High Touch" and the ending to "I'm Sure Tomorrow".

Opening sung by Satoshi's and Hikari's VA's, ending by some random person.

Source: Habunake who found it on PokeAni (I haven't found it on PokeAni yet though..)

:eek:

PDL

Not into Ponies I swear!
Reaction score
Aw man, I wanted to see another version of "Together" D:

Kairyu

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
I found it on PokeAni now, here's google's translation:

"
TV Tokyo's wish ANI "Diamond & Pearl" from the home page information.
October 2nd opening theme and the theme will change.
Opening what is the first Pokemon in a duet song hikari (Megumi Toyoguti's) and SATOSHI (Shigeki Matsumoto's) song.

Opening a new "high touch" / Uta: SATOSHI (Shigeki Matsumoto's) & hikari (Megumi Toyoguti's)

Outro "I'm sure tomorrow" / Uta:奈's song

ANI wish more information on the "diamond and pearl", please view the website

I do not, but now the opening "Together2008" Ending the opening of the new songs on them, along with the record?
Then, "I stand by the theme to hikari ~ (Winter Version.) HAITSU a sound?"

QuietDragon

The Girl Who Knows the Hearts of Dragons
Reaction score
Awesome, really?! That sounds lovely. x333

New animation kudasaaaaai~

Duque

Uchuuuuu KITAAAA!!!
Reaction score
Aw man, I wanted to see another version of "Together" D:
-_-

Are you REALLY kidding, right...?

Thank God, we will have some new animations (with evo/capture spoilers, I hope)!

Sorry, but Ash's VA is Rica Matsumoto, isn't it?

Jukain

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
I hope this means that they will use different visuals for the opening as well.

Kasumi

It's tasting time!
Reaction score
About damn time they changed the opening.

AtoMan

Away from Collective
Reaction score
I think it's a very reliable information.

Snake Bandage

The Pumpkin King
Reaction score
Ugh, Ash and Hikari duet.

Yes, it's awesome that the opening won't be Together anymore, and I do dig character songs, and I love Matsumoto Rika... but ugh, Hikari.

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Official confirmation.

The opening theme will be a duet with Satoshi and Hikari singing.

A better translation of ハイタッチ! would be "High Five," actually. "High Touch" is wasai-eigo, similar to words like "viking" (which, in Japan, means "buffet"), "back mirror" (what we'd call "rear-view mirror"), and "cherry boy" ("male virgin").

The ending theme will feature "lots of cute scenes with Hikari, Potchama, and all the others."

Tothenines

Reaction score
The ending theme will feature "lots of cute scenes with Hikari, Potchama, and all the others."
LOL, lots of Dawn and Piplup scenes, huh? As if all the other openings/endings aren't already filled with those? :p

Scizorhands

Reaction score
If it's true, I hope the new opening and ending will have some spoilers about new evolutions and captures. Don't you think so?.

Tothenines

Reaction score
If it's true, I hope the new opening and ending will have some spoilers about new evolutions and captures. Don't you think so?.
We'll probably see Grotle in the new opening at least, its going to evolve soon.

Snake Bandage

The Pumpkin King
Reaction score
EWW. God, like Hikari fans need encouragement... and how about they stuff Pochama somewhere where we don't see its smug face?

As much as I like "Watashi, Makenai", it seems to have started an ending theme trend I really don't approve of.

Maxim Posthumus

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Huh? So, that addition of Platinum was just a rumour. But still, it looks very interesting. The Torn World, Lakemons and of course the new opening theme. So far so good. I just hope they actually improve the correspondence to the games and decide to show some game characters in the new episodes.

Dogasu said:
But this, is a fail.

Nando

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Why am I not surprised that people aren't happy with it being something besides Together?

I did a Picard facepalm the moment I moment I saw the Hikari/Pochama thing, knowing what was going to happen...

Tothenines

Reaction score
Watch Dawn wear a lot of different dresses in this ending that she'll never wear in the actual show, just like the previous endings.

Kairyu

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
If there's as much as one scene with Hikari cuddling with Pochama in the new ending, then I'm never gonna watch it again~.

Wh**ed out plushie-pokemon. So tired of it.