• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New opening and ending start October 2nd!

Meh, I gave up on Gary having anything to do with the plot. ._.

Yay for new opening though! I wouldn't be able to stand Together being around for any longer. D:

I wish they kinda didn't put older characters in the openings unless they actually appear.

Tracey/Delia get put in a lot of the openings even if they don't appear all season. I understand why Oak is there because Ash usually calls him every so often, but we like NEVER see Tracey or Delia, yet they're in a lot of the openings.

I think this is just because they're the group that's always around at Satoshi's hometown, and I guess by inserting them into the opening, they're kinda playing them up as being more significant. The problem is that Satoshi hardly ever goes to his hometown (usually one or two episodes between regions at best), and as you said, Ookido seems to be the only person he ever calls... they haven't even appeared at his tournaments since Shirogane (I guess due to distance, but still).

Still, Delia hasn't had a major role in the anime since Movie 3, we barely see her in the anime anymore whatsoever.

Tracey gets what, 1 episode after every 200?

That's why putting them in the openings feels like a tease, because we never see them. It was equally odd to see Prof. Birch back in that Battle Frontier opening, we didn't see Birch at all in Battle Frontier!

What if we see Richie in the new opening too? xD

I wonder if the writers gave up on him or something. He was a pretty bland character anyway.

Yes, yes, YES!! FINALLY!!

Now, as long as Dawn isn't hurling poor Piplup at the camera in the opening/ending, it'll be perfect. (hopefully)

At least the ending will most likely feature all the gang's Pokes, give them EQUAL SCREENTIME, and make it so Piplup's not in-your-face the entire song.

I'll mis Kaze no Message, though. It's so upbeat and cheerful-I love it. Hopefully this new ending will be just as good.

Last edited:
TV size version of Togther2008...? So does that mean there's a full size version? '_' And where did Kimi no Soba de (Winter Version) dissappear to?

Still looking forward to the new op/ed, though!

I doubt it means there'll be a full version
They probably just wanted to make it clear it won't be a full version

Whaaaat!? No full version of Together2008? I am not happy :( It's my favourite version of Together! And no BGM, either...

Although, I am very happy that Ash and Dawn will get their own versions of the song

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom