• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New opening and ending start October 2nd!

"Mezase Pokémon Master"'s original version (OP 1), "Rival" (OP 2), "OK!" (OP 3), "Challenger" (OP 7 AG 2), "Spurt" (OP 10 AG 5)
I'm not sure about all of them except 1 and 10
Some ending too (again I'm not 100% sure): "Pocket ni Fantasy", "Type: Wild", "Boku no Best Friend"
Someone should correct me if I'm wrong

Five, I think - Mezase Pokemon Master (1st opening), Rival (2nd), OK (3rd), Challenger (7th) and Spurt (10th).

"Mezase Pokémon Master"'s original version (OP 1), "Rival" (OP 2), "OK!" (OP 3), "Challenger" (OP 7 AG 2), "Spurt" (OP 10 AG 5)
I'm not sure about all of them except 1 and 10
Some ending too (again I'm not 100% sure): "Pocket ni Fantasy", "Type: Wild", "Boku no Best Friend"
Someone should correct me if I'm wrong

Just Type: Wild, not the other endings. The openings are fine :) She sings in Satoshi's voice when she says "taipo: wairudu!!" really cool

OMG. OMG. OMG!

KYAHHHH NEW RICA MATSUMOTO SONG! *w* ::runs around::

Even though it's a duet, I don't mind! I'm just happy we get to hear Rica's voice in a song again! X3

I think Hikari's VA is a good singer, but I've only heard her character songs from FMA. Yeah I wonder why they didn't have Hikari's VA sing "By Your Side"...they should have a Hikari VA version.

FINALLY. O.O Arceus, that took forever.

I'll hoping for a CD release of the new OP, new ED, Together 2008, and the winter version of Kimi no Soba de. The latter two really need to be released in full already. D:

New openings make me happy! As does the news that it's a duet, sounds like it's gonna be awesome~ Can't wait for the new ending too!

my response is probably obvious, but here goes: it's about fucking time! Good god, as if it wasn't bad enough that Together stretched on further than OK! and Advanced Adventure (the other openings to kick off a new generation which apparently run longer than the other ones), they gotta stretch the god damned thing further by having a crappy remix (effectively making it longer than Mezase Pokemon Master). When I heard that the first three DP movies would apparently be a trilogy centered around the battle of the legendary dragons, I was worried that Together would be stretched out ANOTHER year so that it could be the opening in all three movies (that was the whole point to Together 2008, wasn't it?)... fortunately, it wasn't the case. ^^

And it really couldn't have come any sooner, because Together is one of my least favorite openings. Given that, and the sheer amount of time it's been around, I could care less what it's replaced by at this point (though with a new Matsumoto song, how can you go wrong?). I look forward to the opening changes as well... aside from the fact that the current opening, outside of the characters' party changes, is looking horribly out of date (Manaphy movie promo? What the fuck?), there've been a lot of characters in DP who've managed to get in multiple appearances, and much like Harley appearing in the Battle Frontier intro, it'd be nice to see confirmation that they'll be mainstays or not [cough]Naoshi[cough]. Oh, and J better appear, just because. ^^

I cried manly tears when I heard Together is finally gone. ヾ(´ー`)ノ

And the new OP has Rica Matsumoto singing! But I don't think Megumi Toyoguchi (Hikari's seiyuu) was ever heard singing before since most of the songs she performed in were group songs so this'll be interesting to hear.

Last edited:
It's about time.

I think Together is great (not the crappy remix, that sucks), but it's well past his time at this point. And is Megumi Toyoguchi actually going to get to sing her own character's part this time? I never got why she didn't sing Kimi no soba de.

Matsumoto has never steered me wrong before, so I'm looking forward to the new song.

I'd also bet on a new opening around now, focusing on Platinum elements and Galactic.

I CALLED IT!!! Well kind of... who knows what type of material will be covered in the opening? But still... ^_^

Having Together for 2 years wouldn't have been as bad if they bothered to update some of the animation every now and then.

I wonder if this is going to be the last opening for Sinnoh. If you think about it, D/P may only have 2 openings, if the first one lasted 98 episodes, then wouldn't the second one also last around 90 episodes too?

By that point D/P as a series will be at the 200 episode count, and I imagine by that time the writers will be wrapping things up.

I honestly can't believe we're almost 100 episodes into D/P already, it seems like only yesterday the D/P series started in Japan...

I wonder if this is going to be the last opening for Sinnoh. If you think about it, D/P may only have 2 openings, if the first one lasted 98 episodes, then wouldn't the second one also last around 90 episodes too?

By that point D/P as a series will be at the 200 episode count, and I imagine by that time the writers will be wrapping things up.

as I said before, I think only the opening themes from the beginning of a generation get special treatment of lasting longer than any others. We've seen that with OK! and Advanced Adventure, and Together is likely to be the same way, with its succeeding openings only lasting around a year. If such is the case, I can see Diamond/Pearl having more than one new opening. Though I guess their recent tendency to remix stuff to death may be an X-factor here (the very reason Together got dragged out way longer than OK! and Advanced Adventure... seriously, I was hoping the damn thing would be out of here 20 episodes ago, and then we've got Kimi no Soba de giving even Glory Days a run for its money in episode count -_-), so who knows?

Misty was only in the BF openings... the second AG OP was "Challenger" and Misty didn't appear there (and also not in the previous/next OP, only in "Battle Frontier" and "Spurt")

I wish they kinda didn't put older characters in the openings unless they actually appear.

Tracey/Delia get put in a lot of the openings even if they don't appear all season. I understand why Oak is there because Ash usually calls him every so often, but we like NEVER see Tracey or Delia, yet they're in a lot of the openings.

I REALLY hope Shigeru/Gary is in the new opening. He has appeared two times and prolly will appear more.

Such a long time since he was in an opening.. AG totally ditched him :(

I'm surprised we're 100 episodes into DP and Gary has only been in 2 episodes. They should really involve him in the Galactic storyline because otherwise it seems like they're not using him for anything special.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom