• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New opening/ending theme info

GoldChaos

Reaction score
Source: Pokeani / http://www.jbook.co.jp/p/p.aspx/2615859/s

According to online translators the Opening Theme is called "Battle Frontier"
and the Ending Theme is called "Pokemon Count". It'll be on the upcoming CD. Also on the CD is another Pokemon Symphony Medley song, featureing I think the first two AG opening themes and the first three AG ending themes.

hmmmm. Very interesting. this sugests to me three possibilities.

1. The Battle Frontier is going to last until next summer.

2. This opening theme is going to spill over into the first half of the D/P region.

3. This will be the first Pokemon opening that DOESN'T match up to a movie.

So far we've had one opening theme per segment, 8 themes and 8 movies. I'd assumed that the new opening wouldn't premier until D/P started, because whatever the opening was, it was likely to last until next summer when movie 9 possibly comes out. Of course this new twist could signify that the animators aren't going to make anymore movies.

They could always change it in November, or whenever the D/P saga starts. Why would two openings in a year signify no more movies?

We also need a romanization of the person who sings "Battle Frontier." There isn't anything on Google other than his/her involvement with this CD.

Let's see...

1. ポケモンかぞえうた(映画バージョン)(金沢明子) - Pokémon Counting Song (Movie Version)
2. 城、平安~迫り来る危機
3. アーロン1 - Aaron 1
4. はじまりの樹 - Tree of Origin
5. 劇場タイトルテーマ2005 - Theatrical Title Theme 2005
6. オルドラン城 - Oldoran Castle
7. ファンファーレ - Fanfare (there was also a track titled "Fanfare" in Pichu and Pikachu)
8. バトルフロンティア(映画バージョン)(高屋亜希那) - Battle Frontier (Movie Version)
9. 贈呈式 - Presentation Ceremony
10. 舞踏会 - Ball (as in dancing)
11. キッド(サスペンス) - Kiddo (Suspense)
12. 屋根裏の遊園地
13. マニューラ隊見参!!
14. パーティー - Party
15. ミュウ~はじまりの樹2 - Mew~Tree of Origin 2
16. キッド(正体) - Kiddo (True Colors)
17. GO!はじまりの樹へ - GO! To the Tree of Origin
18. ふれあい - Contact
19. 友情~はじまりの樹へ2 - Friendship~To the Tree of Origin 2
20. レジロック - Regirock
21. 地底世界 - Depths of the World
22. 応戦だ!! - Accepting a Challenge!!
23. ピカチュウと再会へ - To a Reunion with Pikachu
24. はじまりの樹3~共鳴 - Tree of Origin 3~Resonance
25. 崩壊 - Decay
26. アーロン2 - Aaron 2
27. 命かけて
28. 別れ~ルカリオ - Parting~Lucario
29. アーロンのテーマ~さらばルカリオ - Aaron's Theme~Farewell Lucario
30. はじまりのうた(PUFFY) - Song of Origin

O_O. so they are already messing around? the 8th movie corresponds to the NINTH opening?? weird.

They could always change it in November, or whenever the D/P saga starts. Why would two openings in a year signify no more movies?

It wouldn't gurantee it, it would just be yet another break in tradition. up until now there has been one opening per movie, even when they stopped the remixes with movie 6. 7 movies, 7 opening themes. But now movie 8 has already broken the trend. We have 8 movies and 9 openings.

About time we got some decent info. ^___^;

"Battle Frontier" just be the title seems okay... I hope it is. xD But the ending makes me go "WTF?" -Counting- song? Eh...

Sounds like a generic, boring, watch-cute-Pokémon-dance-around-ala-Pokettari-Monstari ending to me.

or the song "Counting Pocket Monsters" from China...

or maybe new Ierukana?

Since the new OP and ED are fetured in the movie, I guess it'll be introduced in either the next episode, or more realistically, the episode after that (that being the episode when the frontier battling actually starts).

All I know is that they're gonna have a hell of a time trying to follow up 'Symphonic Medley'.I know everybody has their personal favorites,but Symphonic Medley has to be the best OP ever.

*sigh*

I also dread what 4Kids will do to Symphonic Medley. -_-;

2. 城、平安~迫り来る危機 Castle Peace~ Draw arrive crisis = WTF
12. 屋根裏の遊園地 Attic of Amusement park
13. マニューラ隊見参!!Manyura party meeting
27. 命かけて Fate applying?

maybe

The "Counting Pokemon Song" in Chinese was just a version of the first "Pokemon Ieru Ka Na?" song.

Hopefully, this will be an entirely new version of that song, and not a remix/re-make of the first like "Ieru Ka Na 2004" was.

And "Battle Frontier" sounds exciting. Hopefully it will be a hard rock song :)

"Battle Frontier" is the movie OP... breaking the trend started in movie 6 of instrumental opening themes. It is not performed by Matsumoto Rica either, breaking another trend. Judging by the title - I suppose it will play during the hadō hero's tournament. (An interesting thing to consider is that the opening credits of movies 1, 3, 4, and 5 were played over some sort of battle or contest.)

The movie ED, as pointed out before, has a double meaning - the other of which is "Starting Song". No doubt the title has misled others to believe that the movie OP was untitled back then.

The Pokémon Kazoeuta will be used in the illustration contest segment, like Ippai Summer the year before. I guess it will be in the same spirit - lighthearted with a children's chorus?

I find the extended Medley more interesting though. Can't wait to see... err, hear that.

Last edited:
It's both, like Mezase Pokémon Master and Rivals! and OK! before it.

Oh, but it seems that they will be breaking the trend since the song will debut in the movie. Since, supposedly it wasn't in today'sepiso

They broke that trend with the 1st AG movie (movie 6). Matter fact, the trend was broken with movie 5 ("Ready! GO!" wasn't used as the intro song for the movie).

I'd be real excited if they went back to the "current anime intro used in the intro for the movie" style like ol skool.

Something silly I just realised: I will be in Japan to see the debut of a new TV OP, again. (I was in Japan when Medley debuted, and that was a complete surprise back then. This, is just a coincidence... although the dates were locked in 6 or 7 weeks ago.)

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom