• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New opening song for BW2, "Be An Arrow" sung by Rica Matsumoto

I just had a thought. What if this opening shows Misty and the others like the second DP opening?

Oh god, we'd have to sit through a year of people speculating cameos that will never happen again.

Considerin the Openings are suppposed to be indicators of what we're in for. Problem is, they make the openings before they've written much, let alone planned anything...

Not really. The openings always show scenes of things that never happened in the anime. The last DP opening had Ash's Sinnoh team battling a Lucario, Entei, etc. that never happened. The Orange Island opening showed an Ash Vs. Richie rematch that never happened.

Misty has actually been in the openings since Battle Frontier, yet she never appears in any of the episodes. I guess like Tracey, they just include her in them because she's part of the shows history, even if she never appears in any of the actual episodes.

The return of nostalgia in the opening? I can dig it. Especially Tracey. <3

Oh? What's this? Primeape at Oak's lab? Well, that's a bonus!

Its a 15th anniversary opening. Maybe CommanderPigg will get a new Paul appearance in the opening. :eek:

Screenshot of all the pokes
tumblr_m5u5ppDOdT1r0njiso1_1280.png
source

I thought Primape had died :p
And stop taunting me about Paul, I get it, he's never coming back boo hoo.

Muk is the only old Pokemon missing, unless its to the left of Snorlax.

It would be really strange that the writers forgot about Muk but included Primeape. That's just messed up.

Actually, Butterfree is missing too (and they had included it in the old battle frontier opening).

Muk is probably just behind Professor Oak...waiting to muk on him.

Also, infernape, you look so bored, go back to Paul :(

Squirtle, why do you look so bloody generic in that shot?

Charizard is giving the thumbs up, least you can do is wear your sunglasses, yo.

Squirtle, why do you look so bloody generic in that shot?

Charizard is giving the thumbs up, least you can do is wear your sunglasses, yo.

I think Squirtle, Sceptile and Infernape all have extremely boring poses there. I don't understand why, Sceptile and Infernape were like the two most important and popular pokemon of those gens and they're just kinda "there" in the background.

I think Squirtle, Sceptile and Infernape all have extremely boring poses there. I don't understand why, Sceptile and Infernape were like the two most important and popular pokemon of those gens and they're just kinda "there" in the background.

Sceptile had always been a passive Pokemon, so him just chilling like that's fine with me. He's got his hand on his hip, and the twig's sticking out of his mouth, it's all there.

Can't judge on Infernape because Charizard's hand is covering 5/6 of his body in that shot.

Come to think of it, we can't judge anyone in that shot at that moment because it's a stillframe. I can't imagine Totodile being suspended in the air like that for his entire bit in the opening for one thing, unless it's a photograph. Gotta see the full sequence when the opening debuts.

I'd love to think the pokemon in the opening reflect the series, but they've done this before with the Spurt opening and so forth. Even so its really weird to see Primeape in Oak's lab. That's what honestly SHOULD have happened to it back in Kanto, it should have just been treated like Kingler and Muk were rather than being released after 2 episodes.

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. Does anyone remember Spurt? It had Ash's BUTTERFREE, which was released after only a few episodes many years ago. This is nothing new, they've done it before. Butterfree didn't come back, and I highly doubt Primeape would come back. Yes, it's at Oak's lab. I don't see why that makes any difference; it's been like 15 years, of course it's done with its training.

I like the animation and music, though.

Funny thing is if they show old companions, then I guess this is what Tracey's "scene" will be. He's so far away from the camera that you can barely make out his face.

I am curious if Misty, May and Brock will be shown at all. I think Dawn might get a brief shot with Cynthia since she's actually in this series.

I think Dawn might get a brief shot with Cynthia since she's actually in this series.
We know that Cynthia is in the shot with Alder, Caitlin, Drayden and Shizui. There is no reason to give her a separate shot, so Dawn will most likely be grouped with other characters.

If this is for the 15th Anniversary then Butterfree (+Pink Butterfree), Larvitar (+Tyranitar), Pidgeot, Lapras, and possibly even Haunter & Raticate will possibly be shown, if not then it might actually have something to do with the show. I really hope it does. Though I don't see why Pidgeot can't be at Oak's, I mean isn't that basically where Ash left him in Pallet Town, on Oak's Ranch will all of the Pidgey/Pidgeotto?

As for humans they'll probably show Misty, Brock, May, Max, Dawn, Gary & Paul too (maybe even other friendss/rivals?!)
I hope this opening is full of nostalgia and also that it forshadows BW2

Oh, didn't you know?

Paul WILL be shown in the OP. He'll start by looking VERY serious, but then he'll TEAR OFF his jacket and shirt and pose Louis Armstrong style and it will be so cooool.
Also, he'll have a muffin top.

This opening seems like it could be alright. Swellow looks a lot smaller than I remember, though...

I personally hope we will see the current rivals with at least one of their Pokémon like in High Touch.

Oh, didn't you know?

Paul WILL be shown in the OP. He'll start by looking VERY serious, but then he'll TEAR OFF his jacket and shirt and pose Louis Armstrong style and it will be so cooool.
Also, he'll have a muffin top.

Bless.

I love "rival showcases" in openings...so...maybe...he might...have..a..
cameo...

NOOO I CAN'T GET MY HOPES UP UGH LET ME DIE.

Anyways, I'm really happy that humans are going to be in the opening again. Not that CG pogeymanz got tiring after the 50th episode or anything...but yeah, it was basically that.

The screencap of the Pokemon is just awesome. To bad it's most likely just a troll move on the writers' part. =/

Come to think of it, we can't judge anyone in that shot at that moment because it's a stillframe. I can't imagine Totodile being suspended in the air like that for his entire bit in the opening for one thing, unless it's a photograph. Gotta see the full sequence when the opening debuts.

If it is so, we know what happened to Muk. He is the photographer!

The screencap of the Pokemon is just awesome. To bad it's most likely just a troll move on the writers' part. =/

If it is so, we know what happened to Muk. He is the photographer!

Its not a photograph.

[video=youtube;JDrlaxe9_hM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDrlaxe9_hM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom