• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music New opening song: Your Adventure

There's some stellar animation here, on top of that there're a lot of backgrounds animated by hand, some really interesting shot composition in some parts. Really liking it so far!

The opening is nice... The scene where Ash and Pikachu look at the clouds looks similar to the LGPE boxart.

I wonder which Pokémon's ball was Ash getting emotional over. It wasn’t Poipole's since it had a Beast ball.
And Zeraora's there too? What is it doing there? It already got a movie.

The opening can also silence those who thought that the Dartrix isn’t Hau's.

Idk, they may pull another Greninja? I mean we don't know yet, but I'm just spitballing.
Greninja happened after the league though. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. My best guess at the moment is that Ash gets to take care of Eevee for some time and does not want to let go of a temporary Pokémon again after Nebby and Poipole.

Reminds me old ending themes like "GLORY DAY" and "In Your Heart, LaLaLa." I guess we should expect it to be the last SM opening.
There's some stellar animation here, on top of that there're a lot of backgrounds animated by hand, some really interesting shot composition in some parts. Really liking it so far!
That's how openings usually are. Were you expecting them to use stock animation?
Why is Ash sad with a pokéball?
It's Greninja's pokeball. He's thinking about calling him back, but then remembered that he don't know anything about his whereabouts.

Greninja happened after the league though. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. My best guess at the moment is that Ash gets to take care of Eevee for some time and does not want to let go of a temporary Pokémon again after Nebby and Poipole.
Yeah they have done that enough in SM tbh

Reminds me old ending themes like "GLORY DAY" and "In Your Heart, LaLaLa." I guess we should expect it to be the last SM opening.

That's how openings usually are. Were you expecting them to use stock animation?

It's Greninja's pokeball. He's thinking about calling him back.
Are you sure?

I think that pokeball Ash holding is belongs to his old Pokemon (released Pokemon)..
There is no reason for lyconrock pokeball or Eevee Pokeball..

We are going to see
Lyconrock vs lyconrock
Rowlet vs dartrix
Torracat vs incineroar..
Pikachu vs zarora
Eevee joins the team

Maybe Brock and Misty come at end of the this season..
Still nothing about team Skull...

holllly FUCK the animation.
I usually just skim the Japanese version of the show, but the visuals top Alola and FC by a landslide for me.
The music itself is very very "anime" to me, like it seems like the type of thing you'd think of when you hear the word.

I'm quite excited to see what the dub does with it, considering only 30 seconds of it can be used.

Agree with all the following opinions:
- Song reminscent of Getta Ban Ban
- Taiiku Okazaki is really annoying
- Best opening animation in ages, maybe ever?
- Satoshi mooning over ball scene reminiscent of AG openings (in a really good way)
- Best ever TRio OP scene maybe?
- Probably will have song stuck in my head for the next 2 years à la Puni-chan's song...

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom