• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music New opening song: Your Adventure

I definitely like this opening better than the previous Sun and Moon openings but is it just me or does it feel like it belongs more so in a Shounen anime than Pokemon. Even the scenes that are presented in it feel a bit generic as opposed to how the openings, especially the later ones in a saga, give a bit of a sneak peak of what's coming up that season.

That's how openings usually are. Were you expecting them to use stock animation?
Of course not. That doesn't mean this opening doesn't excel even by opening standards, at least in some parts.

This opening turned out WAY better than I expected. The Rowlet thumbs up is probably my favorite snippet from the episode and is completely meme worthy. I saw a lot of people discussing the Zeraora fight part and I don't think it's really going to be a component to a future episode as it could have just been they didn't know who to have Pikachu fight so they added Zeraora in as reference to M21. This opening is my favorite of the entire Alola series though, ESPECIALLY THAT MOVIE REEL SEQUENCE. UGH, ALL OF IT WAS AMAZING :X3::X3::X3::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

The song is awesome. I loved it instantly. It has more of a shonen vibe that many recent openings but it still sounds like something that came from Pokemon. It would have been better with a singer with a higher pitched voice like Daisuke or Tomohisa Sako but what we got sounds good enough.

I'm mixed on the animation. It's waaay more dynamic than Future Connection, and it has several good tidbits like Nebby appearing or Ash's fight with his rivals. However, I think the excessive focus on Ash backfired on the supporting cast, so Kukui only appeared 2 seconds, and the Aether trio, Team Skull, Burnett and Samson didn't appear and neither did Misty & Brock, which is a terrible sin. And there were no spoilers at all. I would have left the Ash focus for an ending.

Last edited:
The song itself sounds even better playing over the beautiful animation. All four of SM's openings have been pretty good without feeling too same-y.

What's also interesting is that Kasumi and Takeshi are absent from the animation, while everything else from the promotional poster is there in some way. This makes me think they aren't going to be as prominent as some of us originally thought, or they might not show up for awhile and have scenes added in later.

...it's official: the creative team just plain HATES poor Team Skull :cry:
Though at least they make up for it by giving us something even better with a Boss cameo (y) (he hasn't been in an opening since, what, the Orange Islands?)

Plus, it implies some actual battles this time.
Though I wouldn't put much stock in Zerora being here. They throw in Legendaries/Mythicals from the Movies in openings all the time and nothing comes of it.

Though I'm kind of surprised by the lack of Brock & Misty.
Either they've got cards they ain't showing, or there isn't as much to LG promotion as we thought...

Last edited:
Is anybody willing to discuss the music theory behind this one?
I have barrely a small portion of underdeveloped relative pitch, so I can't really figure it out myself.

This has been already pointed out, but this song would benefit from artist with higher voice.

Animation...
I have no particullary interesting comment on that.
Exept for how dynamic and fun it is.

At rewatch, TR scene seems weird. Kiteruguma just ruined their car by crashing through it for no reason, then he crush TR's faces into car's window. Did he finally lost his mind? And what's wrong with Sakaki?
Screenshot_2018-10-10-11-08-09-1.png

I definitely like this opening better than the previous Sun and Moon openings but is it just me or does it feel like it belongs more so in a Shounen anime than Pokemon. Even the scenes that are presented in it feel a bit generic as opposed to how the openings, especially the later ones in a saga, give a bit of a sneak peak of what's coming up that season.

Given I prefer the anime to be more shonen and less slice of life, I am for that direction.

Will this be Sun and Moon's last opening? It has a "final season" vibe to it like Summerly Slope was to Best Wishes.

I don't understand what's a "final season" vibe, but the style is also similar to Getta Ban Ban, which wasn't the last opening in its seires.

I don't understand what's a "final season" vibe, but the style is also similar to Getta Ban Ban, which wasn't the last opening in its seires.
I got the impression because of the lyrics saying "you've gotten tanner, your clothes have gotten dirtier" as a remark of how much Satoshi has changed since he first traveled to Alola.

It is a nice opening. I am wondering if that pokéball could be Rowlets because it lost against Hau's Dartrix or is it something else?

Will this be Sun and Moon's last opening? It has a "final season" vibe to it like Summerly Slope was to Best Wishes.
Probably.
I don't understand what's a "final season" vibe
It has a nostalgic feeling with scenes from old episodes and references to the past, similar to EDs of AG and DP.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom