• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News New Opening Theme: Mad-Paced Getter by Tomohisa Sako

Re: New Opening Theme: Getter Banban by Tomohisa Sako

In terms of episode count, High Touch! was used for 62 episodes (DP096 to DP157).
Fair enough. Everything was bloated when it comes to DP.

The point being that we don't know how long this opening will last. The 40-episode mark is no more reasonable than any other estimate.
I beg to differ. High Touch's span was still noticeably shorter than that of Together (62 episodes compared to 95), so there is still a clear pattern of the first opening of every region lasting the longest. Volt's episode count is the shortest yet for a first opening, so I'd be very surprised if Mad-Paced Getter were to exceed 40 episodes.

New opening is sugoi! :p

I like how some people think the boy at the end was Max..I see no resemblence e.e I've a feeling he'll be Ash's rival ofc(I've a strange feeling he'll flirt with Serena..lol but that's just my speculation..)

Also who's that boy with the Treecko!?
"Hi, I'm here to promote Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. Am I late?"

The bad news: no guest stint by May after all :bawl:

They're already promoting ORAS through the Mega Evolution Specials. Ash was leaving footprints and the boy was following where Ash was stepping. Most likely Ash's admirer :3

Ash was leaving footprints and the boy was following where Ash was stepping.

Loved that scene. Watching Ash & Pikachu continue along their way leaving only footprints gave a really solemn feeling.

Anyway I like that Treeko kid's shorts and the opening itself is definitely a treat.

It's a stretch to say the trainer with Treecko is Max.

Did Max get contacts or magically get a 20/20 vision?

Also who's that boy with the Treecko!?
"Hi, I'm here to promote Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. Am I late?"

The bad news: no guest stint by May after all :bawl:

They're already promoting ORAS through the Mega Evolution Specials. Ash was leaving footprints and the boy was following where Ash was stepping. Most likely Ash's admirer :3

Even more bad news: Still no Wally.

People have been speculating he's an admirer, or maybe he's following Ash around and working for Alexa.

He sounds like a child...

But other than that I sorta like the opening.

They're already promoting ORAS through the Mega Evolution Specials.

So? They needed to promote it in the Show too. I can't believe they'd rely only just those specials and that short (which was less about ORAS and more about Mega-Evolutions).

It's a stretch to say the trainer with Treecko is Max.

Did Max get contacts or magically get a 20/20 vision?

Not mention getting a new hairstyle and dying it green. And going through sudden growth spurt.

Last edited:

I heard on the twitter he's going to replace Ash when XY is over, hahaha I don't think so, maybe he just admires Ash or it's his new rival...

@R!ck; I doubt that's going to happen.

I have to admit. This is an incredible opening and unlike the previous opening, this one actually sounds good.

It also gives me a best wishes da vibe to it.

It's weird to see a Pocket Monsters song with the word "hallelujah" in the lyrics.

Mega Volt is a great song but I'm kinda glad they haven't decide to just remix it again for this one. It's still my favorite Pokémon opening song but Getter Banban is still a pretty catchy song.

Also it seems Ash's Goomy will fully evolve to Goodra so maybe that'll be his Charizard equivalent for the gen. Now I worry whether Frogadier is ever going to evolve into Greninja...

Mega Volt is a great song but I'm kinda glad they haven't decide to just remix it again for this one. It's still my favorite Pokémon opening song but Getter Banban is still a pretty catchy song.

Also it seems Ash's Goomy will fully evolve to Goodra so maybe that'll be his Charizard equivalent for the gen. Now I worry whether Frogadier is ever going to evolve into Greninja...

Considering that Froakie evolved into Frogadier BEFORE the 4th gym and from what I'm hearing Frogadier is the least favorite of the line (Froakie and Greninja being more marketable than Frogadier), I almost guarantee Frogadier is going to evolve, otherwise they would've kept it as a Froakie until near the league, if they were planning only evolving it once.

It's weird to see a Pocket Monsters song with the word "hallelujah" in the lyrics.

Does that word have any religious connotation to it really in Japan, or is it just a "cool word" to most?

I remember the first Yu-Gi-Oh GX opening by Jindou was called "Fine Weather Hallelujah".

I think there's a vague notion that it's religious but, like you said, it's just a "cool word" for most.

Awesome song and some nice animation there too. I feel so excited listening to it <3 gotta learn the lyrics soon. Also I bet around April they'll update the animation since I expect Clemont's Gym Battle and Serena's haircut to happen around that time, when we'll also probably get a new ending.

I like the opening. The song is pretty good and I like the verses at the end.
The images are overall good, especially from the Gym Leaders shor onwards, as I would have liked that the scenes at the beggining were shorter so we could have seen a shot of the rivals. However, the scene with Ash battling Clemont was a bit redundant.

I feel very confused about the way they managed the spoilers. Why wasn't Braixen shown? Fennekin appears in a lot of scenes and it will be pretty hard to replace, for example, in the early scenes she's shown seated on a table and playing with Bonnie. My theory is that this opening was made on september-october, so the dub could use it for their Opening 18 and some things weren't decided then, but still...

I also want to talk about how long the opening will last. Yes, Olympia appears, but the scene that comes right after is Clemont being presented as the ultimate gym leader, and that would feel pretty outdated after the battle (unless that after the battle Ash and Clemont start to see each other as rivals, which won't happen). There's also the aforementioned Braixen problem and the upcoming evolutions of Goodra and Luxray, both of which are very large Pokemon that it would be difficult to edit.

I think that what will probably happen is that we will get another opening or a completely overhauled version after the group leaves Luminose City, around late april-early May.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom