• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music New Opening: XYZ by Rica Matsumoto

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Here is some information on the new upcoming opening, courtesy of Dephender.

Vocals: Satoshi (as voiced by Rica Matsumoto)
Composition: Tomohisa Sako
Lyrics: Tomohisa Sako
Arrangement: Tomohisa Sako, Saku
(SME Records)

This song rocks already. I can't wait to see this new opening and hear the theme in full!! :-D

I'm not surprised Rica Matsumoto is singing this one. She worked on at least one opening in every series so far.

Hopefully this time the footage will be something that actually happens (or at least kinda reflects it), as opposed to the pack of lies that was the Episode N opening...

Oh sure, opening themes give us a generalized take on what's to come and are probably animated well before anything is written, let along the entire episode group, but still.

Well from what I heard it was pretty good opening and fits the arc really well, I hope the song is just as good throughout.

OH
MY
GOD

It was more amazing that I even imagined!!!
So sad I have to frickin leave the house and can't just sit and listen to it on repeat for the rest of my life... </3

This song was amazing, I'm gonna be really pissed when the dub changes it to something bad.

The animation was pretty awesome! It raises a few questions, though. Will something happen between Ash and Frogadier? Will Alain mostly be a villain here? Will we be seeing Zydoge helping often is Bonnie is keeping the core safe? Very nice opening and much better than the last.

[video=youtube;03RbAf6cJCI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03RbAf6cJCI[/video]

Amazing :bounce: and it brings up so many questions/things to get excited about.
What does the Greninja fading away scene signify?
Shota gets a Mega Sceptile.
Why is Alain symbolically on the side of Team Flare?
Wulfric will appear, is he going to have a large role?

I think the song is not that awesome, but the animation though!

Its enough to cover whatever flaw the song has.

30/10 for the hype!!!!

Well, that sure was something else. It didn't change my mind about incompletely quitting the Japanese version of the show, but it seemed exciting enough, even if I've heard many like it. As far as generic action openings go, this was at least approaching the territory of being memorable.

Last edited:
Probably my favorite opening so far. V (Volt) didn't have the best singing in the world and it took me a long time to warm up to Mad-paced Getter; Rica Matsumoto has such a powerful voice. It certainly is a lot better than Be an Arrow! was when it came to starting off a new arc too.

OMG Bonnie is so cute when she is holding Puni-chan after it flees Team Flare in the opening, I seriously hope she and dedenne kick some booty to protect that adorable booger because she looks so epic at that moment

Oh my god the intro is so FREAKING AWESOME!!!! it's got that feeling of urgency and excitement. I don't usually watch the anime subbed bc I typically watch it dubbed, but this makes me wish this season was coming out in English lol

Well, that sure was something else. It didn't change my mind about incompletely quitting the Japanese version of the show, but it seemed exciting enough, even if I've heard many like it. As far as generic action openings go, this was at least approaching the territory of being memorable.
I'm worried how TPCI will handle this. I fear what they'll pick to replace this glorious OP.

Regarding the Greninja leaving Ash scene, do you guys think it has something to do with Mega Evolution?

With Alan/Mega Charizard X and Shota/Mega Sceptile at the background, I think Ash might lose to them.

And then he thinks that he needs a Mega Evolution to win, maybe he looks for info in the new Pokedex and realizes none of his current team can Mega Evolve, so he started chasing after Pokemon that can, and looking for a Keystone and Megastone. Which make Greninja think he no longer trust his Pokemon's ability in battle?

I think this scenario is completely possible, but then we will have to wait and see.

Any other theories on this?

- That's actually a BRILLIANT disguise! :lol:

- Looks like there's gonna be a rough patch with Greninja...

- AHA! I knew that was Scottie's Mega-Sceptile!

- Hi, Wulfric! Man, XY really likes putting GLs in its openings! I just hope this means he'll play a decent sized role.

- *GASP!* Alan's really working with Team Flare?! :eek:

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom