• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Opening?

Mozz

Golden Wang of Justice
Reaction score
Was there a new English Opening (see spp), and if so, where can i obtain it ^^;

Then just tell me where i can dload it =P

Yeah, it rates about as high on my hate-o-meter as Lovely Boy (though nothing will ever truly stink that badly).

Hmm, no, I think the Chronicles intro rates about a 2.0 on zhenlin's LB-stink-meter.
This song is more like a 1.5

I like it.

The part where they go "Advanced Battle!" is a bit gay, but the rest of it's quite nice. Good all round tune. I quite like the "I'm Unbeatable! Pokémon!" bit at the end too. Nice touch IMO.

And no NOTHING is possibly as bad as the chronicles opening. Easily the worst opening 4kids has ever produced for any animé. I mean spelling Pokémon out loud the whole time sounds like you're watching the tweenies or some shit.

It was great info. The lyrics are fine, and although I wonder why 4kids felt the need to merge the 3rd AG opening with the Frontier one, it still works well, since Season 8 will include all the way up to the May/Harley Saffron contest episode.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
And Sharpshooter, it was a bit WHAT now?

Was just a saying, very common where I live, even on some of the other boards I go on, not that I have anything against gay people of course. Apologies if that caused offense.

Anyways, I'm still bit undecided if this was better than Advanced Challenge, probably not, that one was brilliant. So I go for AG:

Pokemon Advanced Challenge> Pokémon Advanced Battle> Pokémon Advanced

Advanced Battle could have been better, great tune, just some of the mixing was a bit crap.

Last edited:
With the exception of the Mewtwo part (obviously),this intro is f*cking clown shoes.

It's just BAD.They speed up the video in certain scenes A LOT this time around,so it ends up looking really cheap.There is NO flow whatsoever, they just randomly pasted scenes from PSM and the BF intro and we end up with a colorful mess.('Advanced' and 'AC' flowed MUCH better) And if that wasn't enough,they did a very sloppy jop on the intro.They throw in the scene with the Frontier Brains in there,but the one where Noland is already revealed.

Um,I'm pretty sure we won't see Noland in the States until late 2006.And he's in the current intro already? gg 4Kids. =/

And the music? Good God the music.....

I mean,it almost sounds like a parody of a Pokemon intro.The music is definitely the worst among the other dub intros and the same goes for the lyrics.*shrug* Almost everything about this opening just feels extremely rushed.

But I think the saddest part overall is that Advanced Battle's japanese counterpart is Pokemon Symphonic Medley.This time it went from a choir and full orchestra,to the cheap ass synth music and lame-o vocalist.

Goddamn...

Last edited:
Great song, but strange taste of footage.

And the spoilers: Misty's Azurill, May's Squirtle, and Ash's Phanpy being randomly placed there. Also note the use of CGI, which won't come into episodes until next summer.

Also, is this the first intro where 4Kids have added no footage from episodes? (As opposed to Chronicles, which is all footage from episodes.)

As for the Frontier Brains...we only see three in shadow then all revealed for a second. Now, this will be used for the movie, but just what is the point?

Last edited:
Also, is this the first intro where 4Kids have added no footage from episodes? (As ooposed to Chronicles, which is all footage from episodes.)

Having not seen the Chronicleso opening, I don't remember an intro with episode footage, except for the fifth one.

Normally they seem to use something, like Tentacruel knocking down a building in the first one, or just stuff like this in the last one:
dqta89.jpg

I could be wrong, though.

Oh dear.. I don't like the music for this at all. Though I haven't liked an intro since Johto Champions, from there it seemed to go all downhill.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom