• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Opening?

*listens*

...It could be worse. The only that seems to save it is that the music, as always, it's stupidly catchy beat. And it does what a theme does best: it gets addictive. By the third time you hear it, you'll no doubt have the lyrics down pat.

The intro is pretty good, and Noland WILL be in this season, so what's the problem?

I thought it was good too.

And we know Noland will be in it, (after many episodes of Hoenn,) but the other Frontier Leaders won't.

I kinda liked it. Especially the very beginning, when they synch in Pikachu blowing up that forest right after the clip from PSM with Ash's Pokemon attacking - that part worked really well with the music. And I loved that you could hear snippets of the Japanese BF opening. ^_^ It did break down a bit towards the end, though; I got the impression they were just flinging in random chords to pad out the last few bars. And I disliked the shot of Delia, Professors Oak and Birch, Tracey and Misty, because it was speeded up so much it looked ridiculous. Oh, and the bits where they yelled out "Advanced Battle" SUXED. Laaaaame! (edit) I also think they should have left Noland in shadow. In fact, including the Brains at all was a bit of a mistake, IMO. I don't mind them using clips from the Battle Frontier, but I think they should have stuck with the general stuff, like the montage of Phanphy et al. Overall, though, it was a nice opening.

Last edited:
The music is horrid, hands down, totally agree on what Wobbuffet and zhenlin had to say about it. The intro was poorly synced imo(reguardless of the opinion in the last post). I would rank this song 1 rung above Lovely Boy(which I think is the lowest standard of music by far). And it is obvious that this intro was very early. At a PSM standpoint, this intro is 13 episodes early, and for a BF standpoint, it's 42 episodes early. What I don't get is that they show spoilers that weren't even revealed in Japan yet, which is sad.

TSS_Killer said:
The music is horrid, hands down, totally agree on what Wobbuffet and zhenlin had to say about it. The intro was poorly synced imo(reguardless of the opinion in the last post). I would rank this song 1 rung above Lovely Boy(which I think is the lowest standard of music by far). And it is obvious that this intro was very early. At a PSM standpoint, this intro is 13 episodes early, and for a BF standpoint, it's 42 episodes early. What I don't get is that they show spoilers that weren't even revealed in Japan yet, which is sad.

The intros in the U.S. NEVER matched with the ones in Japan. Saying it's "13 episodes early", is ridiculous, because Pokemon changes it's theme every 52 episodes in the U.S. In Japan it's totally random. Yes it's way too early for the Battle Frontier stuff, but if you honestly expected them to use the Advanced Challenge opening all the way to the Vibrava episode (where it changed in Japan) you're mistaken.

It would probably sound good as something like a karaoke playback. :p But the song and the totally fucked up mixture of the two japanese opening videos sucks. :(

Scott85 said:
The intros in the U.S. NEVER matched with the ones in Japan. Saying it's "13 episodes early", is ridiculous, because Pokemon changes it's theme every 52 episodes in the U.S. In Japan it's totally random. Yes it's way too early for the Battle Frontier stuff, but if you honestly expected them to use the Advanced Challenge opening all the way to the Vibrava episode (where it changed in Japan) you're mistaken.

I knew they weren't going to use the PAC intro up to that point anyway, since it imbalances the season episode count. Also, I do know that they never matched with the intros in Japan, I was refering to the music itself and the opening. However though, I can understand why they integrated Battle Frontier into the intro, that is because PAB will end at AG144 next season, and by then the dubs will reach the battle frontier.

Scott85 said:
because Pokemon changes it's theme every 52 episodes in the U.S.
No. The Pokemon Advanced opening was only used for 40 episodes.

JKaizer said:
No. The Pokemon Advanced opening was only used for 40 episodes.

Which is only because 4kids didn't want to mix Pokemon Advance with the old Johto garbage, as Advance was the start of a brand new saga. And since there were only 12 extra eps of Johto, they just left the Master quest opening.

Hey, I will say this:

The new song's certainly better than "Pokemon Symphonic Medley."

Then again, I hate "Pokemon Symphonic Medley," so my opinion's a bit biased.

Dogasu said:
Hey, I will say this:

The new song's certainly better than "Pokemon Symphonic Medley."

Then again, I hate "Pokemon Symphonic Medley," so my opinion's a bit biased.
The intro version was passable (slightly better than the other PokeAdv openings (which ALL sucked ass)), the long version on the CD was fucking pathetic. Symphony my hairless sack

Even my sister's boyfriend who doesn't care about dub changes says the new opening is kind of crappy which means it's uh off the scale
I'm just so upset about the song. I keep listening to it and it just keeps getting worse, it's a first-time too. Usually songs get better *repeats this over and over*
my gawd, I think I'm going insane! T_T
They replaced the most beautiful and full song of Pokemon with one of the worst songs in Pokemon history *maybe the worst* oh wait, wasn't the original Mezase master uh the worst.
Well, my feelings in a nutshell
4kids screwed up very bad (and this is coming from a 4kids defender)

Last edited:
Best song's still the first one. Advanced Challenge comes close, and then possibly the Johto Journey's after that as well.

Conclusion: Dial Dogasu with the phone input wired to Beethoven's 6th Symphony ("Pastoral") for maximum effect.

Habunake said:
Am I the only one who thought this Intro rocked?
No, I loved it too, Habunake. ^_^

And here's what I thought about the new opening theme.

Well, as opposed to what most people thought about it, I'm actually one of the few people who liked it!

It's great!

And I like both the music and the opening visuals! ^____^

I love how the music is really catchy and everything. And I've always found all the Pokemon themes to be at least a little bit catchy, but this one seemed more catchy to me than any of the previous ones.

And I love how they used footage from the Battle Frontier in the opening, along with the footage from Pokemon Symphonic Medley too. I wasn't expecting them to do that. And that was awesome!

watching it again, and listening it to it a few times more, it's starting to grow very, VERY slowly on me. i still can't stand the visuals, which are messy, but the song keeps getting stuck in my head. i don't like the "advanced battle" shouting, but the tune is picking up. it makes me want to beat my head against my desk sometimes...

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom