• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Oricorio Forms?

PurplePopplio

Gone again for who knows how long. :/
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Any
Since there's much speculation about new islands, do people think that we may be getting new Oricorio forms?

Going with the colors:
Red - Fire/Flying
Orange - Not sure about this one.
Yellow - Electric/Flying
Green - Grass/Flying
Blue - Water or Dragon/Flying
Indigo - Ice/Flying
Violet - Ghost/Flying
White - Steel or Normal/Flying

I would only be interested in Oricorio if they fix it's moveset. Did they really think that not giving it more moves of the types it had was a good idea? Like why not give it one of each of the main attacks from its types? Give it the ability to learn Thunderbolt, Flamethrowers, Shadowball, and Psychic. That would make it more acceptable. Right now other than Revelation Dance it has nothing for its differentiating types which is a huge bummer.

I would only be interested in Oricorio if they fix it's moveset. Did they really think that not giving it more moves of the types it had was a good idea? Like why not give it one of each of the main attacks from its types? Give it the ability to learn Thunderbolt, Flamethrowers, Shadowball, and Psychic. That would make it more acceptable. Right now other than Revelation Dance it has nothing for its differentiating types which is a huge bummer.
That would make it too similar to Rotom since Oricorio's theme is dancing. So give it moves like Fiery Dance. Yes, I know that it's Volcarona's signature move. But it would fit with Baille Oricorio.

That would make it too similar to Rotom since Oricorio's theme is dancing. So give it moves like Fiery Dance. Yes, I know that it's Volcarona's signature move. But it would fit with Baille Oricorio.
All Oricorios can technically use Fiery Dance if a Volcarona on the field uses it.

While Oricorio is more of a gimmicky pokemon, I do agree that it should be more like Rotom.

If they really do have new islands, I hope we see new Oricorio forms! Oricorio is one of my favorite Alola Pokemon so I'd love to see more forms for it.

And yes, please upgrade their learnsets.

I'd be here for it, but yes, please do something about its moveset. It's absurd to not have a single natural move of its own type in its moveset sans if it gets it as a Hidden Power~

I agree that it needs more type coverage.

As for the colors I have an idea for potential new forms and moves that could help with the existing forms

• Red (Baile): Fire with Flamethrower, Ember, and a new counterpart to the Punches/Fangs for Beaks (lets call it Fire Peck)
  • Orange: Ground with Earth Power and Dig, or Fighting for Aura Sphere (and a excuse to give Revelation dance to Meloetta later :p)
  • Yellow (Pom-Pom): Thunderbolt, Spark, Charge Beam and Thunder Peck (continuing the New pecking moves)
  • Green: Grass with Grass Knot, and Energy Ball.
  • Cyan: Ice with Ice Beam, Icicle Crash Avalanche, as well as Ice Peck (Counterpart to the new Fire Peck and Thunder Peck).
  • Blue: Water with Water Pulse, Surf and Aqua Ring
  • Purple (Sensu): Ghost with Shadow Ball, Astonish and Phantom Force.
  • Pink (Pa'u): Psychic with well, Psychic, but also Telekinesis, Psywave and Trick Room
The kicker is finding Dance styles that Fit the motif of cultures that influenced Haiwai'i (for reference, the cultures that influenced the danced that inspired the current forms are Japan, America, Spain, and Haiwaii itself). On a side note. the first listed Moves would be replaced by Dance-themed moves of the same type if possible and they should also get Quiver Dance.

Also, I'd contest that it being similar to Rotom would be a downside because Oricorio would access different typing (having Flying instead of Electric as a base type, leaving Rotom-F as the only overlap) and niches.

This new island speculation is very interesting to me, and I totally agree that if new islands appear, I think Oricorio should get some new forms too. I do hope if they did this though, like all of us seem too, they would give it at least the ability to learn one of the moves of their types. I was pretty interested in using Oricorio when it came out, but then I learned it wasn't able to use any electric/psychic/fire/ghost type moves and that was pretty disappointing. So give them moves to match their types :)

Since there's much speculation about new islands, do people think that we may be getting new Oricorio forms?

Going with the colors:
Red - Fire/Flying
Yellow - Electric/Flying
Green - Grass/Flying
Indigo - Ice/Flying
Violet - Ghost/Flying
With Oricorio get some new forms, it's likely to get more island in the post-game. We just have to see first.

I agree that it needs more type coverage.

As for the colors I have an idea for potential new forms and moves that could help with the existing forms
  • Orange: Ground with Earth Power and Dig, or Fighting for Aura Sphere (and a excuse to give Revelation dance to Meloetta later :p)
  • Green: Grass with Grass Knot, and Energy Ball.
  • Cyan: Ice with Ice Beam, Icicle Crash Avalanche, as well as Ice Peck (Counterpart to the new Fire Peck and Thunder Peck).
  • Blue: Water with Water Pulse, Surf and Aqua Ring
Cyan could refer to Ice Dancing and Blue to Synchronized Swimming, which is also a form of dancing in water. I don't know about Green or Orange, but I do think it would be cool if there was an Oricorio based on ballet.

Though if the dances are supposed to be from cultures that influenced Hawaii, then the choices are probably going to be more limited.

New Oricorio forms would require new islands which in turn would also seemingly require new Tapu. Just doesn't seem likely to me, even though more Oricorio forms would be fun. Maybe there is a new form that it takes when not in Alola/exposed to Alola's flowers, though?

Oricorio has enough forms. It doesn't need anymore.

I would be interested in seeing more Oricorio forms, but given there was 4 and each one represented the four islands, I just don't see it happening. If anything, before adding forms, I'd rather they fix the horrendous moveset they bestowed onto Oricorio. They should've given it more of a movepool than they did. Maybe more ghost moves for the ghost form as an example.

I don't think that there will be new Oricorio forms because that will require making new islands (and by extension, new tapus) and GF doesn't typically add Pokemon in the middle of a generation.

If they'll be new Oricorio Forms we'll likely to see new Tapus as well, but I don't think it'll happen.

i would only hope for a new steel/flying, grass flying we maybe have enough, maybe something faster?
ice/flying and ground/flying?

Going with the colors:
Red - Fire/Flying
Yellow - Electric/Flying
Green - Grass/Flying
Indigo - Ice/Flying
Violet - Ghost/Flying
I think even without new islands, new Oricorio forms aren't unlikely because they can always place nectars in a small hidden meadow and give it that excuse . I know I'd definitely want to see more forms, especially for less common types

Orange or Brown Oricorios could be rock and ground
Black could be dark (not obvious at all)
I guess they wouldnt rehash pink for fairy as well, so no idea for that one

The problem with new Oricorio forms is that the current ones are all tied to a specific island, and there's only 4. It would be kinda strange for them to just suddenly add an entirely new island to the Alola Region that wasn't there before for a new Oricorio form. They could potentially expand the region and build where there is nothing, like on Poni Island, but an entirely new island is just too late.

The problem with new Oricorio forms is that the current ones are all tied to a specific island, and there's only 4. It would be kinda strange for them to just suddenly add an entirely new island to the Alola Region that wasn't there before for a new Oricorio form. They could potentially expand the region and build where there is nothing, like on Poni Island, but an entirely new island is just too late.
Exeggutor island is an island by itself so they could easily expand that one to add a hidden meadow and oricorio there

But also..the good thing about islands is that you "disocover them" ..they don't need to be built..they could just be islands people didn't know about in SM but know in USUM. They technically have a world of possibilities, but I doubt they'd take that chance

Going with the colors:
Red - Fire/Flying
Yellow - Electric/Flying
Green - Grass/Flying
Indigo - Ice/Flying
Violet - Ghost/Flying

Something tells me orange could be Fighting/Flying. It'd probably be Fire/Flying if that wasn't taken by Red Oricorio.

Also, if we wanted a ninth and tenth form we could have:

Brown - Rock or Ground/Flying
Black - Dark/Flying

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom