• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pkmn creatures that you want to see in the games

Leaf_Ranger

For Nature & Creatures
Reaction score
This thread aims to be a place for members to give their impressions on new creatures that we want to see included, be it animals that weren't still portrayed as Pkmn, new takes on certain animals already portrayed, objects, myths and folklore, etc. without being attached to the next numbered generation.

So, in my opinion, I think that the long awaited dolphin Pkmn needs to be a reality and with an evolution at least and not just a single stage Pkmn. The Water type is obvious and it could have a secondary type if going with a theme (let's say Poison if wanting to address poluttion).
I'd also like to see a Normal/Fighting-type Kangaroo, like Ricky from The Legenda of Zelda, with a baby Pkmn for first stage and an evolution that can boxe (but without human-like gloves). While it seems pretty standard and somewhat interesting, I believe it could capture the original vibe of the Pocket Monsters.
We also need more owls of different kinds and types.
I'd also love to see some new carnivorous Grass-type based on the Drosera and Drosophyllum lusitanicum (these one more so if introduced in a new region based on my country, Portugal :cool: ).

Cheers.

Honestly, I just want to see some Pokemon based on myths and urban legends already used in horror games. How cool would it be to see a minotaur Pokemon chasing you inside of ancient ruins as you find the treasure it's trying to protect? There are a few old horror games that used minotaurs with great effect and I want to see Pokemon have their own spin on the minotaur concept.

Honestly, I just want to see some Pokemon based on myths and urban legends already used in horror games. How cool would it be to see a minotaur Pokemon chasing you inside of ancient ruins as you find the treasure it's trying to protect? There are a few old horror games that used minotaurs with great effect and I want to see Pokemon have their own spin on the minotaur concept.

I think it's pretty obvious and beated already but I still think a form of Tauros or actual evolution of it would be great in following with your idea. I think that some Pkmn would great benefit if having evolutions based on Greek myhtology like Dunsparce getting a Medusa evolution (it would be unexpected due to being based on the Tsuchinoko but I'd like that), a Flying type Rapidash matching Pegasus, Dugtrio having a new form for the Fates, etc.

We're well overdue for a dolphin Pokemon, that's the biggest thing I want to see. We do need a pegasus/alicorn too, but they can satisfy that with a Flying type Ponyta variant (why wasn't Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash that in the first place?).

Additionally, I'd like to see a fossil Pokemon that's a Rock/Fighting caveman. That'd be an interesting change of pace for fossils that doesn't involve the creation of unholy abominations like the Galarian fossils.

Obviously a dolphin. We also need a cheetah. As for fossil Pokemon, I would love to see a spinosaurus, especially with the new fossil evidence of what it actually looked like. And we have yet to have a triceratops and stegosaurus.

A Fossil Velociraptor who both a Fire & Rock type & Larva became Hercules Beeetle who both a Bug & Fighting type

Last edited:
Larva became Hercules Beeetle who both a Bug & Fighting type
214Heracross-Mega.png

Interesting topic, some creatures that I would like to see turned into Pokémon are:

Dolphin.
Peacock.
Dalmatian Dog.
A Fire/Grass Pokémon.
A Saber-toothed tiger that is not a legendary.
Kangaroo (Kangaskhan has some kangaroo details, but its body doesn't resemble a kangaroo).
Velociraptor.
A Medusa monster.
A giraffe with a heigh similar to a real giraffe (A Girafarig evolution would work).
Other shark species like a Mako shark, a Tiger shark, a Hammerhead shark or even a fossil Megalodon shark.
Pegasus.
Swordfish.
Tasmanian Devil.
Flamingo (Spritzee and Aromatisse are this, but I want a pokémon with a design more similar to a real flamingo).
Hummingbird.
Mosquito.
Fly.
Cockroach (Pheromosa kind of looks like one, but it isn't one).
Platypus.
A tiger that walks on its four legs.

Last edited:
The fact that we’re yet to have a proper gryphon, pegasus or manticore baffles me.
The fact we have FOUR unicorns now is honestly quite infuriating.
I think an actual wyvern would be nice for a change.

Also, a proper sabre tooth tiger. I know there's Raikou but I feel it more so leans into Raijin with some small design elements of a sabre tooth tiger.
You or someone else said Noivern doesn't count, but what about Reshiram?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom