• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pkmn creatures that you want to see in the games

The fact we have FOUR unicorns now is honestly quite infuriating.
You or someone else said Noivern doesn't count, but what about Reshiram?

Noivern is a bit awkward. I feel it fits more as a bat-dragon hybrid, but if one wants to stretch it, there's definitely a case to be made.

Out of all the Dragon-types, Reshiram definitely is the most Wyvern-like, yeah. But it also has traits of other animals so I can understand why that would be overlooked by people.

But even then, 1, possibly 2 Wyverns out of how many Dragon-types? I feel that's why too little, to be honest.

The fact we have FOUR unicorns now is honestly quite infuriating.

Four...? Are you counting Rapidash, Keldeo, Galarian Ponyta, and Galarian Rapidash to get to that number?

Wait until you hear about how many cat Pokemon there are. :ROFLMAO: (and you don't even need to include regional variants to get to absurd numbers)

Besides, why are you bringing up unicorns when someone was mentioning the pegasus? The pegasus is quite different from the unicorn. Sure they're both horse-like, but if you're going down that road, you can't not start criticizing how many types of cat Pokemon there are as well.

I'd love to see a pegasus Pokemon, and preferrably not a variant of Ponyta/Rapidash.

Technically, Tangela fills that role, but that’t about it.

Are there any harpy based pokemon? Besides arguably Hawlucha.

In some way yes, but as with Kangaskhan I consider it more like a vine pokémon with some medusa details. A harpy pokémon is a great idea, I never considered Hawlucha a harpy but now that you mention it I see a bit of that in it :LOL:

I want to see some Pokemon that looks like a combination of different creatures not yet seen anywhere, like a Dragon/Bug-type that's a dragon with mandibles and wings of bugs. After all, Pokemon has experimented with the oddly strange before, heck, it could be an Ultra Beast.

How about some sort of seaweed/kelp Pokémon that was Water-Grass, with an ability that gives it an additional Dark typing. It would have high Defense, Attack, and Special defense stats, with a very low Speed and Special attack stat. I drew my concept for it on a whim a couple months ago.

Edit: I came up with a new move for it:
Tangling Grasp: The opposing Pokemon cannot leave, and is now badly poisoned. It is a status move and has 100 accuracy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
On a further note, it could have a counterpart that is a jellyfish. Dark-ghost with an ability for an additional poison type. High HP, Attack, and Special attack stats, with low speed and defense.

Edit: I came up with a new move for it:
Stinging tentacle: The opposing Pokémon is now burned. The move is a physical attack and does 85 damage and has 95 percent accuracy.

Last edited:
There are so many bugs I'd like to see.

Stick bug (though I guess Lurantis already covers the bug masquerading as a plant shtick)

Dung beetle. Simply to see how they'd handle the gross elements.

Four...? Are you counting Rapidash, Keldeo, Galarian Ponyta, and Galarian Rapidash to get to that number?

Obviously. And I fail to see why region forms don't count.

Wait until you hear about how many cat Pokemon there are. :ROFLMAO: (and you don't even need to include regional variants to get to absurd numbers)

There are many cat Pokemon, but that's perfectly fine because there are also many types of cat breeds and species. A unicorn is a very specific type of horse.

Not really a fair comparison.

Besides, why are you bringing up unicorns when someone was mentioning the pegasus? The pegasus is quite different from the unicorn. Sure they're both horse-like, but if you're going down that road, you can't not start criticizing how many types of cat Pokemon there are as well.

Because they're both mythical horses? I was pointing out how we have four unicorns when there were plenty of opportunities to make some pegasuses (pegasi?). Galarian Rapidash would be so much more interesting if it was a pegasus.

Galarian Shaymin (Ice type for Land forme and Ice/Flying for Sky forme): a Pokemon where it can change forms during the night. It where it will revert back to its Land form if it is affected by burn or by rainy weather.

A rival Pokemon that is based on Mordred (similar to Zaican and Zamazenta) who is Dark/Steel type and who is also the Pokemon that should not have its name said out loud (similar to MacBeth). The Pokemon that is based on a cannon or a flail. The Pokemon that was exlied to East Galar (based on Ireland) before the Darkest Day.

Last edited:
There are many cat Pokemon, but that's perfectly fine because there are also many types of cat breeds and species. A unicorn is a very specific type of horse.

Not really a fair comparison.

Yet the differences in design between Rapidash, Keldeo, and Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash are all pretty unique.

Unicorns are a mythical creature with a very long history and lots of different ideas of what it's supposed to be. I'd rather see more types of unicorns than more house cats, but that's just my opinion.

Because they're both mythical horses? I was pointing out how we have four unicorns when there were plenty of opportunities to make some pegasuses (pegasi?). Galarian Rapidash would be so much more interesting if it was a pegasus.

My mistake. I misinterpreted your post. I thought you were using the four unicorn Pokemon to say that there's no room for a pegasus Pokemon. lol.

As some of you have already mentioned, a dolphin Pokemon needs to happen! I mean, technically we have Kyogre (which is based on the orca, a member of the dolphin family) and Tapu Fini (which has a dolphin-shaped shell) but I would love to see a straight-up dolphin Pokemon that isn't legendary.

Edit: My bad, apparently Tapu Fini's shell is based on a swordfish or marlin. I always assumed it was a dolphin.

Last edited:
Stick bug (though I guess Lurantis already covers the bug masquerading as a plant shtick)
Lurantis is a plant masquerading as a bug so I think we’re in the clear for a bug impersonating a plant.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom