• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pocket Monsters anime Episode titles predictions & Prediction Reviews

I hope you continue to do this for the next anime, some of this are really close.
Thanks! My prediction review will come around June and the next prediction will come when the matches for the first round of the Master Class are revealed.

Prediction 2022 #2 FINAL Journeys Prediction
Hi guys, welcome to my final prediction...ever. Just kidding, it's just the final Journeys one. Let's speculate how the league and the post-league could turn out.

-JN117: Iris' test! Enter Mega Garchomp!
-JN118: Ash's Master Class debut! Surpass the Steel-types!
-JN119: Leon is in trouble? Dragapult vs Mega Gardevoir!
-JN120: One last chance! The semi-finals! (Like in SM we get an episode that shows the end of one battle and the start of the next one)
-JN121: Gigantamax battle! Ash vs Cynthia!
-JN999: Grookey becomes an influencer! (Couldn't resist lol. But it won't count towards the total)
-JN122: Ash vs Leon: The monarch
-JN123: Ash vs Leon: The team
-JN124: Ash vs Leon: The dream
-JN125: Welcome home, Ash! Party in Pallet Town! (Misty, Brock and Tracey return, and an arc about Ash being unsure about what to do next begins)
-JN126: The way of the Eevee! Chloe's choice! (Cilan returns)
-JN127: VS Regigigas! Goh's final battle! (The first half is Giga-Cinderace vs Regigigas, the second half is Goh's goodbye)
-JN128: May and Max! Keeping our dreams young! (Ash gets to see Max becoming a Pokemon trainer and becomes inspired to travel again)
-JN129: Into the deep jungle! The secrets of Project Mew!
-JN130: A new Journey! Dreams will someday become reality! (Ash leaves Cerise Lab. Ends with a montage of all companions working towards their dreams)

We all know the final 5 episodes I proposed will be crammed into two in real life and won't have all those characters, but it's fun to dream, right?

Ash really needs Melmetal & Incineroar in World Coronation Master 8 Tournament per Professor Kukui's suggestion. Melmetal's case because it has the ability to go Giga.

I am still waiting for the Expanded Sword & Shield storyline to play an important role, particularly Mohn & Kubfu.

Prediction 2023 #1 Ash's goodbye miniseries Prediction
Hi people! Welcome to the possibly only update of the Aim to be A Pokemon Master series or the final part of Journeys, or whatever you want to call it, unless it's "special episodes", if that's the case please go away. So, let's begin as our time is short.

-JN142: Pokemon Contest! Wallace Cup Competition! part 1
-JN143: Pokemon Contest! Wallace Cup Competition! part 2
-JN144: Goodra and Greninja! Clean the vines! (With Yuyama at the helm you know this will happen. Clemont and Bonnie would appear here too)
-JN145: Hisuian Decidueye! A new challenger in Alola! (Ash defends his champion title from a COTD)
-JN146: This feels good? Team Rocket settles down!
-JN147: Pikachu, I will always choose you... :cry:

That's all, I think all of us wanted more episodes but gotta move on. My prediction review will come...someday.

Final prediction review
Hi guys! It's time to review what things did I got right about the second half of Journeys. Spoilers for the whole series below.

ERE=Equivalent Real Episode.

-PM019: Clefairy in Mt. Moon! Koharu's first mission!
ERE: PM 120 Koharu Chloe and Eevee, the Possibilities are Endless!
Chloe's last focus episode involved Clefairy!
-JN062: Eevee and Sobble's errand! and Zubat's supersonic confusion!
ERE: JN069 Watch Over My First Errand!
Eevee had an errand episode! Though with Grookey instead of Sobble.

-JN063: Lilycove Aquatic Park! A Pikachu Squad adventure!
ERE: JN063 Challenge! Pokémon Marine Athletic!!
This episode and the next were supported by an upcoming episodes trailer so they weren't hard to guess, though I guessed the Lilycove city location.
-JN064: Angry Glaile? Cross the snowstorm! (Yeah, I think these episodes will turn out to be exactly what they appear to be)
ERE: JN064 The Detested Absol
The focus was in Absol instead of Glailie.
-JN065: Roll on! Yamper and the Wooloo race!
ERE: None.
Yamper and Wooloo got focus around episode 100 but individually and with no competitions involved.
-JN066: Star Tournament: Reunion (I know that something like this sounds implausible for Journeys, but I'm intrigued that we'll have Korrina-if merchandise is to be believed-, Gary and Iris soon and we still don't know how so I'm taking a risk)
ERE: None. No tournaments for Journeys until the Masters 8.
-JN067: Star Tournament: The Aura advances!
Korrina reappeared later but without rematching Ash.
-JN068: Star Tournament: Best Wishes of the dragons!
ERE: JN065 Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!!
Ash and Iris had a dragon battle 3 episodes earlier, but without participating in a tournament.
-JN069: Star Tournament: Rivals forever!
Gary returned one episode earlier but he became Goh's rival instead.
-JN070: Meowth, Meowth and Meowth! Stop the Matori Matrix! (Galarian Meowth debut)
Poor Galarian Meowth just had a small role until the next year. The Matori Matrix did return four episodes later!
-JN071: Victreebel screams! and The mysterious Magnezone police!
To the rejoice of most two-parters didn't returned. Officer Jenny got focus three episodes earlier in a comedic episode though.
-JN072: Suicune vs Cobalion! Goh's hardest challenge!
Suicune did nothing of note afterwards. Goh's rival got a Virizion to mirror him though. JN 71 featured legendaries and Goh development but it's too different to count.
-JN073: Sonia's internship! Goodbye Grookey? (Fridge brilliance because Sonia and Magnolia are into plants)
Poor Sonia only returned to hype Leon, and Grookey promotion started to wind down by this time.
-JN074: Champion title defense! Hau's comeback!
ERE: JN112 A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!
Finally a mid victory! There was an episode about Ash's champion status, and while it wasn't in danger he still had to face rivals with increased strength, and Hau cameo'd.

-JN078: Beat Machamp at the Poke-Olympics! and Shedinja's secret!
ERE: JN 086 Mega Evolution VS Gigantamax
Yeah, I'll count the Bea battle, Machamp was beaten in an sports stadium after all 8 episodes later. Shedinja also got focus 13 episodes later but the episode wasn't completely about it.
-JN079: Project Mew Trial! Jirachi's mysterious meteorite!
The next trial was one episode later but with another Pokemon.
-JN080: Nurse Joy of the wild jungle!
Poor Joy did not get focus.
-JN081: Ruins of Alph! Drizzile's best shot! (Evolves into Inteleon.)
ERE: JN078 The Targeted Cerise Institute!
Drizzile evolved 3 episodes earlier! I was right it did not take long, though it took place in a different location.
-JN082: Pokemon Contest! Chloe and Eevee make their debut! (It's hard to say whether Chloe will become an instant coordinator or not, but I'm positive she'll at least try them out)
ERE: JN106 Eevee and Sylveon! Encounters and Reunions!!
Yes, she tried them out 24 episodes later (God her arc was slow), but it wasn't because of Dawn.
-JN083: Sour or sweet? A delicious baking competition in Galar! (Alcremie debuts)
ERE: JN082 Alcremie's Sweet Battle!?
Boom, I only missed the count by 1 but the competition, the Galar location and the Alcremie debut were all nailed. This was almost a Wikstrom-level prediction!
-JN084: Gible and Bagon! Fly towards the sky!
Fillers were inmensely reduced by this time, though Garchomp appeared one episode earlier!.
-JN085: Ren tags along! Conquer your fears in the Lavender Tower!
ERE: JN093 Your Name is Françoise
Ren finally got focus 8 episodes later, though it was centered in Magnemite instead. The Lavender Tower did not return but we got ghosts 6 episodes later.
-JN086: Bea's challenge! The Isle of Armor! (No, I will never give up on this. Something tells me it's coming soon...)
ERE: JN 85 Rival Showdown! Ash VS Bea!! & JN 086 Mega Evolution VS Gigantamax

Sorry, past me, the Isle of Armor was replaced by a random "Mega Island" in a terrible episode. But in this exact episode number we got Bea vs Ash!
-JN087: Flareon's firefighting squad! (Will we keep having episodes with an eeveelution in the spotlight? Nobody knows, but I'll cover my bases)
ERE: JN098 Pokémon Circus! Booster and Thunders!!
Yes, they returned, and in this exact number Glaceon was covered, while Flareon's episode was 11 episodes later.
-JN088: A mission with Asahi! Spiritomb and the sunken ship!
ERE: JN88 Trial Mission! The Deep Sea Diver Research Team!! & JN091 The Ghost Train Departs... & JN110 The Battle Royale of Betrayal!
This one was right but split on many episodes lol. The real JN088 had a sunken submarine and a Project Mew mission, 3 episodes later we had an Spiritomb episode and 22 episodes later we had a sunken ship, a Project Mew mission and Asahi.
-JN096: The Master Class draws near! Gengar's full power! (I think it will be VS Will since he's an unseen Elite Four that would push Gengar to the limit, and if it was Allister it would have happened right away)
ERE: JN99 Marnie of Spikemuth!
Your opinion may vary on whether Marnie was elite four level or not, but I was right Gengar would receive a battle and it happened 3 episodes later.
-JN097: Master Simisage! Grookey, learn a move!
ERE: JN101 One Stick, Thwakey!
Grookey got focus and bonded with a big sleek green monkey 4 episodes later! Though he did not learn any moves there.
-JN098: Kangaskhan & Pikachu! (I hadn't made this obvious prediction because I think it's more likely to happen near the end, and...we're there now)
Poor Kangaskhan can join in Malamar and the GS Ball on the things that went nowhere pile.
-JN099: Cramorant! Where is its prey?
Cramorant got some focus on that one Galar episode which featured everyone but nothing solely to itself.
-JN100: Sylveon! The unbreakable bond! (Serena returns)
Serena was the Sylveon trainer! I had the feeling they would not miss out on her and I'm glad I was right. Though it happened 6 episodes later and also involved Wallace, Lisia, and a contest.
-JN101: Project Mew trial! Lava fight with Heatran!
ERE: JN 102 Trial Mission! A Freezing Raid Battle!!
The next trial involved a legendary on its natural environment, but what prompts me to count it is that I was off only by one episode.
-JN102: Dangerous challenge in Spikemuth! (Piers appears)
ERE: JN99 Marnie of Spikemuth!
Piers was a natural fit for the PWC but it was still nice to get that one right, it happened 3 episodes earlier.
-JN103: Dracovish visits the school!
Dracovish did got focus on this episode number, but on a more PWC-related plot.
-JN104: Crown Tundra! Mission: save Mohn!
-JN105: Lillie, Go beyond the limits! The secret of the steed!

ERE: JN111 Mohn and Lilie, Snowfield Reunion
The seed was planted on the Alola episode, but we were wary it was actually going to happen, and it did! And I included it in a prediction not that far off from where it actually happened! (7 or 6 episodes earlier) Though it was one part only and did not feature Calyrex.
-JN106: Leon's real face! The story of a hero!
ERE: JN100 Close Contact! Dande's Special Training!!
A magazine said that we would meet "Leon's real face" soon so I decided to go with it. My idea was more of a backstory, but it still happened 6 episodes earlier.

The missing ones will be covered on an upcoming post, it will come out this week. I hope you liked it!

Final prediction review (continued)
Ok, here we go!
ERE=Equivalent Real Episode
-JN106: Sinnoh Grand Underground! Find the secret oasis! (The explorer returns)
The explorer didn't return and Sinnoh wasn't visited at all during Season 25.
-JN107: Two Dragonite and Hydreigon! (Iris returns)
The Master Class had Iris, 3 Dragonite and one Hydreigon but it was as a part of a larger arc. Maybe If Iris had battled Lance I'd had counted it.
-JN108: Chloe's choice! Enter the Contest Masters!
-JN109: Slateport Contest! Combination with Mimic!

Promotion about the real episode was a mess but that was good for some as it really surprised them. As for me, I expected the contest to last for at least two parts but nope, and it happened 2/3 episodes earlier.
-JN110: Jigglypuff is a One Hit Wonder!
As I said before fillers died by this time, and while they were resurrected on ATPM Jigglypuff did not got anything.
-JN111: Trial in Galar! Calm the giant Toxel! (Project Mew continues)
ERE: JN 113 The Last Mission! Catch Regieleki and Regidorago!!
There were two Project Mew trials here, one an episode earlier and another two episodes later, I'm going with the later as it features Galar and a giant Pokemon.
-JN112: Manaphy!! Heart Swap Frenzy in Alola?
ERE: JN112 A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!
While I love Manaphy, I'm glad this episode turned out the way it did. And I nailed the episode number!
-JN113: Aim to the Master Class! All or nothing Hot Full battle! part one (Ash vs Flint)
-JN114: Aim to the Master Class! All or nothing Hot Full battle! part two

ERE: JN109 VS Raihan! Battle for Masters Eight!!
I was wrong, Flint's cameo didn't amount to anything and Ash's ranking upgrade was a 3vs3 Lucario glorifiation. It happened 4/5 episodes earlier.
-JN115: Bidoof's effort! Protect the dam!
While there are some predictions I'm glad to be wrong it would have been interesting to see forgotten families from Sinnoh getting some attention.
-JN116: The magical Qwilfish from an ancient land!
Why do the games I like (Isle of Armor, Legends Arceus) get zero attention?
-JN117: The bonds of battle! Head forward, Greninja!
ERE: JN 108 Lucario and Greninja! The Wave Guidance of Destiny!!
Greninja returned 9 episodes earlier. I was a bit clueless on how it could return but a training episode crossed my mind at one point.
-JN117: Iris' test! Enter Mega Garchomp!
ERE: JN117 VS Cynthia! Iris's Road to Dragon Master!!
This prediction was made while the Master Class was starting so predicting the other two battles would also take one episode wasn't too hard.
-JN118: Ash's Master Class debut! Surpass the Steel-types!
ERE: JN118 Ash Goes into Battle! VS Steven!!
The real title hyped Ash's debut too!
-JN119: Leon is in trouble? Dragapult vs Mega Gardevoir!
ERE: JN 122 The Semifinals I: "Overwhelming Victory"
He wasn't in trouble at all lol and those ugly recaps messed my episode count by 3.
-JN120: One last chance! The semi-finals! (Like in SM we get an episode that shows the end of one battle and the start of the next one)
-JN121: Gigantamax battle! Ash vs Cynthia!

ERE: JN 123 The Semifinals II: "Dazzle", JN 124 The Semifinals III: "Valor" & JN125 The Semifinals IV: "Impact"
Flashbacks from my Predictions from the Alola League predictions here as the battle in reality lasted double the time of what I predicted. It happened 2 to 4 episodes earlier. And I nailed Cynthia using Dynamax! My logic was that Gengar needed a victory.
-JN999: Grookey becomes an influencer! (Couldn't resist lol. But it won't count towards the total)
Would you have prefered this over the four recaps and five breaks? Discuss.
-JN122: Ash vs Leon: The monarch
-JN123: Ash vs Leon: The team
-JN124: Ash vs Leon: The dream

ERE: JN129 The Finals I: "Torrent", JN 130 The Finals II: "Toy Around", JN 131 The Finals III: "The Strongest", JN 132 The Finals IV: "Partner"
I'm glad I nailed the "Arc title: subtitle" format even I didn't nail the titles themselves. They happened 7/8 episodes later.
-JN125: Welcome home, Ash! Party in Pallet Town! (Misty, Brock and Tracey return, and an arc about Ash being unsure about what to do next begins)
ERE: JN 147 The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!
The next time we see Ash he's doing anything but celebrating his triumph. Laaaaame. Though we did saw those 3 characters again and we also saw Ash choosing a new goal at the end of the series.
-JN126: The way of the Eevee! Chloe's choice! (Cilan returns)
ERE: JN 120 Koharu and Eievui, the Possibilities are Endless!
So endless they couldn't even settle on one. Thanfully Cilan still returned later.
-JN127: VS Regigigas! Goh's final battle! (The first half is Giga-Cinderace vs Regigigas, the second half is Goh's goodbye)
ERE: JN126 Go and Aceburn! The Place of Beginnings!!
One episode earlier Goh left for Project Mew. As for Goh's dynamax band and Regigigas, they can join Kangaskhan, Malamar and the GS Ball on the things that went nowhere pile.
-JN128: May and Max! Keeping our dreams young! (Ash gets to see Max becoming a Pokemon trainer and becomes inspired to travel again)
..Sigh...
-JN129: Into the deep jungle! The secrets of Project Mew!
ERE: JN133 Project Mew & JN 134 Seize the Future!
Project Mew was a two-parter, while it wasn't exceptional I'm glad it was shown. It happened 4/5 episodes later.
-JN130: A new Journey! Dreams will someday become reality! (Ash leaves Cerise Lab. Ends with a montage of all companions working towards their dreams)
ERE: JN136 Satoshi and Go! Embark on a New Journey!!

Six episodes later Journeys finally ended. I nailed the new journey part but not the companion montage which didn't even happen in ATBPM.
My final count was off by 6, though if you take out the ugly recaps it was only by two. Also, the last episode aired before SV were released was the 132, also off by two.

This will be short and painless...Or short and painful.
-JN142: Pokemon Contest! Wallace Cup Competition! part 1
-JN143: Pokemon Contest! Wallace Cup Competition! part 2
-JN144: Goodra and Greninja! Clean the vines! (With Yuyama at the helm you know this will happen. Clemont and Bonnie would appear here too)
-JN145: Hisuian Decidueye! A new challenger in Alola!
(Ash defends his champion title from a COTD)
ERE: None. Most episodes took place in a nameless region and the no companions who already had returned in journeys returned. And no Pokemon released after OS returned (unless you count Gliscor).
-JN146: This feels good? Team Rocket settles down!
ERE: JN145 Team Rocket Strikes Back!
No, they did not settled down, but at least got an episode to themselves.
-JN147: Pikachu, I will always choose you...
ERE: JN 147 The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!
Pikachu didn't got the best of focus, the focus was on random shenanigans until the Pokemon Master plot appeared in the last 5 minutes.

I hope you liked it! Hopefully I'll do better in the next miniseries, and remember that the first prediction for Horizons is already available.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom