• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pocket Monsters anime Episode titles predictions & Prediction Reviews

Prediction 2020 #1
  • Hi guys, now that we have news about Ash's goal I can speculate about upcoming episodes. Another thing I noticed is that apparently Kanto episodes will be very common, currently 50% of the series is about that region or its Pokemon. Anyway, let's begin.

-PM017: Megaevolution in Kalos! Lucario vs Garchomp! (Korrina could appear but I wouldn't bet on it)
    -PM018: Alola, Alola! Dhelmise's sunken ship! (Yeah, it's a recycled plot, but many things in this series are. It's hard to predict how will they approach Alola.)
    -PM019: Clefairy in Mt. Moon! Koharu's first mission!
    -PM020: Professor Magnolia enters! Grookey, Sobble and the shy Scorbunny! (Could happen in either Kanto or Galar)
    -PM021: Hammerlocke Gym! Climatic battle! (If that tweet is to be believed)
    -PM022: Lake of Rage! Find the Red Gyarados! (Inspired by Lance's, Go aims to find his own Gyarados. He ends up with Shiny Remoraid or Wooper instead.)
    -PM023: Lavaridge Town! Challenge in the hot springs! (Houji returns)
    -PM024: Goodbye Mr. Mime! Ash vs Delia! (Ash vs Delia fight for who gets to keep Mimey and is finally said who is its trainer. Too awesome to happen)
    -PM025: Mirage Island! Wynaut? Wobbuffet! (It's about time TR gets its own episode, and the blue blob needs it the most. They could move the island to Kanto or Johto.)

That's all for now. I'll review my final Sun &Moon predictions in early to mid March, so be sure to check the link in my signature.

Prediction 2020 #1.43d3e3fgg
  • Here's a small prediction I made for April Fools over a month ago. I doubt I'll include it on next year's prediction review unless something is right.

SS024: Go goes to the aquarium! A catching spree!
    SS025: Pewter Gym challenge! Ash vs Blanche!
    SS026: Ninja battle in Kalos! Toshi and Toshi Greninja!
    SS027: Muk's attack! Operation clean the Institute!
    SS028: Kanto Safari Zone! Go catches everything and Ash catches Tauros!
    SS029: Melemele Island! Lilo, the boy who can't touch Pokémon!
    SS030: Ash and Arcanine!
    SS031: Professor Sakuragi and Alakazam!
    SS032: Ash's first PWC loss? Go and Cinderace's bond is unbreakable!
    SS033: Finally, the Galar starters! Rookidee, Scorbunny and Blipbug!

Prediction 2020 #2
  • Hi guys, it's time for another one of these. The overabundance of Kanto and Lab Slice of life stuff + the lack of subplots make it harder to get something right in this series but I'll keep trying as it's very fun to do.

-JN033: Farfetch'd vs Zorua! Midnight battle! (My original idea was to use Riolu, but he appears to be getting focus on JN030)
    -JN034: Let´s draw Pokemon Manga! (Chloe's mom focus)
    -JN035: Naboru's trial of fire! Burn, Raboot! (Evolution time. It may feel early but they could want to reference Raboot's evolution level)
    -JN036: Grookey, king of the Wild Area!
    -JN037: Jessie, startle Stantler! and James, smear Smeargle! (Double episode, sorry for the puns)
    -JN038: Raid in the deep Eterna Forest! Tangrowth enters!
    -JN039: Aim for the Hyper Class! Double Battle in Mosdeep City! (Ash won't rank up in this episode, but PWC titles like to be overdramatic for some reason. And yes, the twins return but not Sophocles.)
    -JN040: Getting lucky with Chansey!
    -JN041: Rotom revolution! Chryssa and Ren's mission!
    -JN042: Return to the Alola Region! Mantine Surf Race! (I'm getting convinced that if they are holding Alola this long it's because it's gonna have some continuity. However, I only see Kukui, Mallow and maybe Ash's Pokemon returning.)
    -JN043: A recipe for Crabrawler! (Go and Mallow bond.)
    -JN044: Z-Power! Ash vs Trial Captain Mina! (Okay, I highly doubt the Alola return will last more than 2 episodes, so this episode and the previous one can't coexist. But I put it here just in case.)
    -JN045: A new rival approaches! Marnie and the Isle of Armor! (Arc start? Maybe, I don't know, I just want to throw in these two elements to increase my chances of getting something right.)
    -JN046: When Marnie was there! (I just wanted to make the reference, even thought Marnie's Japanese name is Mary.)

That's all for now, thanks for reading.

Prediction 2020 #3
  • Hi guys, it's time for another one of these. What will happen now that SWSH is covered? The answer: anything, but I'll do my best.

-JN050: Marvelous scientific discovery! The rebellious Dracovish!
    -JN051: Evolution training time with Mr. Mime! (Some of Goh's Pokemon evolve, and Farfetch'd expresses its desire to)
    -JN052: VS Fantina! A beautiful double battle!
    -JN053: Glimwood Tangle! The elusive Ponyta!
    -JN054: Drowzee's naptime!
    -JN055: Suicune! Raid in the crystal palace!
    -JN056: Meowth and Eevee! An impossible love!
    -JN057: The Isle of Armor! The exigent Teacher Mustard! (In pure Journeys fashion it will only last an episode. Oh, and Bea could appear).
    -JN058: Our dreams! Mew and Pokemon Master! (I always forgot what Ash & Goh's goals are, we need a reminder
    It's always a good time for humor
    )
    -JN059: It's Polteageist? A haunted house!
    -JN060: A knight is born! Do a critical hit! (Ash VS Wikstrom in Kalos, he loses but Farfetch'd evolves)
    -JN061: Return to Alola! Catch the Totem Pokemon! (Kiawe helps Goh catch Salazzle)
    -JN062: Eevee and Sobble's errand! and Zubat's supersonic confusion!

That's all for now.

Last edited:
    Prediction 2021 #1
  • Hi guys! It's time for another one of these. The preview changed some of my plans, so I adjusted them. I hope you enjoy it.

-JN063: Lilycove Aquatic Park! A Pikachu Squad adventure!
    -JN064: Angry Glaile? Cross the snowstorm! (Yeah, I think these episodes will turn out to be exactly what they appear to be)
    -JN065: Roll on! Yamper and the Wooloo race!
    -JN066: Star Tournament: Reunion (I know that something like this sounds implausible for Journeys, but I'm intrigued that we'll have Korrina-if merchandise is to be believed-, Gary and Iris soon and we still don't know how so I'm taking a risk)
    -JN067: Star Tournament: The Aura advances!
    -JN068: Star Tournament: Best Wishes of the dragons!
    -JN069: Star Tournament: Rivals forever!
    -JN070: Meowth, Meowth and Meowth! Stop the Matori Matrix! (Galarian Meowth debut)
    -JN071: Victreebel screams! and The mysterious Magnezone police!
    -JN072: Suicune vs Cobalion! Goh's hardest challenge!
    -JN073: Sonia's internship! Goodbye Grookey? (Fridge brilliance because Sonia and Magnolia are into plants)
    -JN074: Champion title defense! Hau's comeback!

That's all for now, let's see what Journeys has in store for us...My prediction review will come in a month or so, so enjoy this for now :D

Journeys Prediction Review #1
  • Hi guys. It's finally time to see how well/bad I've done with my predictions of this series so far. Some of these could be revisited in the future in case I get something right in an upcoming episode (which is what happened in prediction #1 lol). This includes spoilers of all anime episodes and upcoming episodes' summaries, so Bewear.

-PM001: Let's Go! A fateful encounter and a new adventure! (DP001 but with Go)
    ERE: PM 004 Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Scorbunny!!
    The start of the series didn't focus on Goh enough and he got his first Pokemon until episode 4, which I'm counting because of the title.
    -PM002: Sakuragi Laboratory! First capture mission!
    ERE: PM 002 Ash and Go, Let's Go by Lugia!
    The lab received some focus on episode 2 and it was about Ash and Goh's first adventure so I'll count it.
    -PM003: Team Rocket attacks! Protect the Kanto starters! (Kanto)
    ERE: PM 003 Fushigisou, Isn't it Mysterious?
    Team Rocket debut on this series effectively consisted on them attacking a Kanto starter on episode 3, a real win.
    -PM004: Nimbasa City! The ghost of the amusement park! (Unova)
    ERE: PM014 First in the Unova Region! The Raid Battle at the Ruins!!
    Unova debuted 10 episodes later, with a ghost type as the focus, but in a non-urban location.
    -PM005: Flabebe, Floette and the Florges Queen! (Kalos)
    ERE: PM 025 A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!! & PM 055 White Flower Flabebe
    Wow, Flabebe got focus on the first Kalos episode (which was exactly 20 episodes later)! And will have another one soon (exactly 50 episodes later)!
    -PM006: Koharu's day off! The mischievous Cramorant!
    ERE: PM 011 Chloe, Yamper, and Sometimes Gengar Too
    Five episodes later, Chloe got focus on an alone adventure, and that episode also featured a mischievous Pokemon. Cramorant still has to make its main series debut though.
    -PM007: Reach the Mirage Tower with Flygon! (Hoenn)
    ERE: PM036 Ash and Go, Crawl Up From the Sand Hell!
    The first Hoenn episode happened exactly on this number, but why count it when you have a literal Flygon episode 29 episodes later.
    -PM008: The mystery of the Ruins of Alph! (Johto)
    ERE: PM 009 The Promise We Made that Day! The Ho-Oh Legend of the Johto Region!!
    The first Johto episode happened 1 episode later, and it was about one of its mysteries.
    -PM009: Eevee! Miraculous capture! (Kanto again)
    ERE: PM049 Chloe and the Mysterious, Mysterious Eevee!
    Someone caught Eevee 40 episodes later, through my money was on Goh.
    -PM010: Legendary Encounter! Enter Regigigas! (Sinnoh)
    ERE: PM008 Don't Lose, Piplup! The Drift Ice Race in the Sinnoh Region!! & PM014 First in the Unova Region! The Raid Battle at the Ruins!!
    Snowpoint City was indeed the group's first Sinnoh visit 2 episodes earlier. Also, one of their first visits to a region indeed was about waking up a sleeping giant.
    -PM011: Get the treasure! Pirates of Alola!
    ERE: None
    The first visit to Alola happened 26 episodes later and was about continuity.
    -PM012: Galar Region! Happiness and Sadness! (Galar Arc begins, Grookey and Sobble join the group)
    ERE: PM 004 Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Scorbunny!! & PM 028 Sobbing Sobble & PM 059 The Lost Grookey! Who is the Trainer!?
    The starters' debuts were very spaced out, but they indeed showed their personalities very well and 2/3 of the encounters happened in Galar. Also, in this episode number Ash & Goh visit Galar.
    -PM013: Dynamax Battle! Pikachu vs Meowth!
    ERE: PM 013 Ash VS Leon! The Road to the Strongest!!
    Pikachu used Dynamax on this episode number! And Gigantamax Meowth also appeared 31 episodes later. They haven't fought each other though.
    -PM014: Hop and the most delicious curry!
    ERE: None.
    No Hop for now. Curry debuted 36 episodes later.
    -PM015: Battle of champions! Ash vs Leon!
    ERE: PM 013 Ash VS Leon! The Road to the Strongest!!
    Yeah, I nailed Ash and Leon battling at the early series. Ash's champion status didn't mattered much sadly.

-PM017: Megaevolution in Kalos! Lucario vs Garchomp! (Korrina could appear but I wouldn't bet on it)
    ERE: PM 025 A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

I SHOULD HAVE BET ON IT, enough said. I'm surprised that Garchomp hasn't done much this series though.
    -PM018: Alola, Alola! Dhelmise's sunken ship! (Yeah, it's a recycled plot, but many things in this series are. It's hard to predict how will they approach Alola.)
    Again, Alola's debut didn't actually had to do anything with sea & island stereotypes.
    ERE: PM 038 Miracle Restoration, the Fossil Pokémon!
    Chloe's first mission involved Kanto rocks, so...yay? And her next focus episode (a whooping 10 episodes later) involved a cute Pokemon and took place in Kanto, but I don't feel like counting it.
    -PM020: Professor Magnolia enters! Grookey, Sobble and the shy Scorbunny! (Could happen in either Kanto or Galar)
    ERE: PM 004 Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Scorbunny!! & PM 028 Sobbing Sobble & PM 059 The Lost Grookey! Who is the Trainer!?
    Magnolia appeared 23 episodes later, but she wasn't connected with the starters at all, who got their own episodes.
    -PM021: Hammerlocke Gym! Climatic battle! (If that tweet is to be believed)
    ERE: PM028 Legends of Heroes! Leon's Greatest Battle!!
    Raihan appeared 7 episodes later, but didn't battle Ash.
    -PM022: Lake of Rage! Find the Red Gyarados! (Inspired by Lance's, Go aims to find his own Gyarados. He ends up with Shiny Remoraid or Wooper instead.)
    ERE: None,
    Goh caught a Magikarp two episodes later in a location from the games, but the plot is too different to count, which it's a shame because I think my idea's really cool. He also hasn't caught Remoraid or Wooper...yet.
    -PM023: Lavaridge Town! Challenge in the hot springs! (Houji returns)
    ERE: PM 064 The Detested Absol
    Hodge returns in an upcoming Lavaridge town episode! It's to be seen if it has a battle.
    -PM024: Goodbye Mr. Mime! Ash vs Delia! (Ash vs Delia fight for who gets to keep Mimey and is finally said who is its trainer. Too awesome to happen)
    ERE: PM 030 The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Mr. Mime
    Mr. Mime got focus 6 episodes later which also saw Delia's return. But as I said, too awesome to happen, there's still debate on whether Ash owns the clown or not.
    -PM025: Mirage Island! Wynaut? Wobbuffet! (It's about time TR gets its own episode, and the blue blob needs it the most. They could move the island to Kanto or Johto.)
    ERE: PM024 Take a Break! Team Rocket!
    Two of TR's episodes are actually similar to this one, episode 19 because it focuses on an amorphous mon, and episode 24 cause it takes place in an island and it's only 1 episode earlier. I'm going with the later.

Not much, though.
    SS032: Ash's first PWC loss? Go and Cinderace's bond is unbreakable!
    Ash's first PWC loss happened because of a fully-evolved Galar mon who appeared 2 episodes later.
    SS033: Finally, the Galar starters! Rookidee, Scorbunny and Blipbug!
    Grookey still had TWENTY-SIX episodes of waiting until its debut, and the worst part is that he can be considered lucky when compared to other Galar mons. Sometimes reality is worse than irony. Rookidee and Sobble appeared 5 episodes earlier than this one.

-JN033: Farfetch'd vs Zorua! Midnight battle! (My original idea was to use Riolu, but he appears to be getting focus on JN030)
    ERE: JN 050 Farfetch'd's Great Trials!
    Farfecth'd's first focus episode was a battle against an Unova mon, but in plain daylight.
    -JN034: Let´s draw Pokemon Manga! (Chloe's mom focus)
    Why do something cool and experimental when you can do a Digglet filler?.
    -JN035: Naboru's trial of fire! Burn, Raboot! (Evolution time. It may feel early but they could want to reference Raboot's evolution level)
    ERE: JN 044 Sword & Shield IV - The Ultimate Sword and Shield
    Raboot evolved battling a Galar game character in a gym 9 episodes later. Through you could argue that it wasn't the focus of the episode, but I'm counting it anyway.
    -JN036: Grookey, king of the Wild Area!
    ERE: PM 059 The Lost Grookey! Who is the Trainer!?
    More like Grookey, king of another Kanto episode who still needed 23 episodes more to materialize!.
    -JN037: Jessie, startle Stantler! & James, smear Smeargle! (Double episode, sorry for the puns)
    ERE: JN041 The Great Pikachu Dubbing Operation! & Half Marshtomp.
    The next two-parter was just 4 episodes away, and it involved TR in a different fashion. Also, it featured Marshtomp. That's unrelated to the prediction but it always feels good to say it.
    -JN038: Raid in the deep Eterna Forest! Tangrowth enters!
    There was a raid 2 episodes later but without enough similarities. Also, we haven't seen Sinnoh in centuries, I wonder why...
    -JN039: Aim for the Hyper Class! Double Battle in Mosdeep City! (Ash won't rank up in this episode, but PWC titles like to be overdramatic for some reason. And yes, the twins return but not Sophocles.)
    Sophocles did return two episodes earlier, and it seems Ash will upgrade to the Ultra Class battling a gym leader from the games, but neither feel similar enough.
    -JN040: Getting lucky with Chansey!
    No Chansey or Joy focus so far.
    -JN041: Rotom revolution! Chryssa and Ren's mission!
    No Rotom focus so far. Chryssa had some focus 15 episodes later though.
    -JN042: Return to the Alola Region! Mantine Surf Race! (I'm getting convinced that if they are holding Alola this long it's because it's gonna have some continuity. However, I only see Kukui, Mallow and maybe Ash's Pokemon returning.)
    ERE: JN037 I'm Back, Nice to Meet You, Alola!
    They finally visited Alola 5 episodes earlier with lots of continuity. No sports were played surprisingly.
    -JN043: A recipe for Crabrawler! (Go and Mallow bond.)
    ERE: JN037 I'm Back, Nice to Meet You, Alola!
    Goh bonded with Kiawe instead, and he did got an Alolan invertebrate.
    -JN044: Z-Power! Ash vs Trial Captain Mina! (Okay, I highly doubt the Alola return will last more than 2 episodes, so this episode and the previous one can't coexist. But I put it here just in case.)
    No trials, or Z-moves, or more Alola, for now.
    -JN045: A new rival approaches! Marnie and the Isle of Armor! (Arc start? Maybe, I don't know, I just want to throw in these two elements to increase my chances of getting something right.)
    As @BigDocFan said a Galar arc involving game characters started around this episode. But I won't count it since it focuses on another part of the game. No Isle of Armor for now, why get more money promoting the DLC when you can do a Plusle & Minun filler?.
    -JN046: When Marnie was there! (I just wanted to make the reference, even thought Marnie's Japanese name is Mary.)
    No Marnie for now. But Morpeko got focus 1 episode later, and this episode in real life had Mewtwo who has also a cold personality. Do those count for something?

-JN050: Marvelous scientific discovery! The rebellious Dracovish!
    ERE: JN050: Galar Fossils! Stick 'Em Together!!
    YES, as expected from the poster Dracovish appeared here.
    -JN051: Evolution training time with Mr. Mime! (Some of Goh's Pokemon evolve, and Farfetch'd expresses its desire to)
    ERE: JN051 Farfetch'd's Great Trials! & JN062 Damp Drizzile!
    In this exact number Farfetch'd started his quest to evolve! Mr. Mime hasn't received focus this year though. Sobble also started its quest 3 episodes later, and evolved in the lab (!) 11 episodes later.
    -JN052: VS Fantina! A beautiful double battle!
    Ash had two PWC battles on JN051, but the plot's too different to count.
    -JN053: Glimwood Tangle! The elusive Ponyta!
    ERE: JN055 The Tale of You and Me in Luminous Maze Forest!?
    Yay, this actual episode happened 2 episodes later! Knowing how impredictable merchandise is I'm surprised I was this close.
    -JN054: Drowzee's naptime!
    ERE: JN053 Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!
    Goh catched Drowzee 1 episode earlier and it got decent focus, so it's a lucky but valid nailed prediction.
    -JN055: Suicune! Raid in the crystal palace!
    ERE: JN053 Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!
    Suicune wasn't in a raid nor in a crystal palace, but it indeed got its own episode 2 episodes earlier.
    -JN056: Meowth and Eevee! An impossible love!
    Neither Meowth or Eevee have gotten dedicated episodes this year. Through 1 episode earlier there was a love episode involving a Kanto mon who's somewhat of a mascot, just saying...
    -JN057: The Isle of Armor! The exigent Teacher Mustard! (In pure Journeys fashion it will only last an episode. Oh, and Bea could appear).
    No Bea or game promotion for now.
    -JN058: Our dreams! Mew and Pokemon Master! (I always forgot what Ash & Goh's goals are, we need a reminder)
    This year's focus has been almost entirely in the Pokemon of the week.
    -JN059: It's Polteageist? A haunted house!
    No scary episode for now, through I have faith that it won't take long.
    -JN060: A knight is born! Do a critical hit! (Ash VS Wikstrom in Kalos, he loses but Farfetch'd evolves)
    ERE: JN056 Wikstromof The Big Four! The Hall of Chivalry!! & JN 060 Aim to Be a Scallion Master! Charge with Chivalry!!
    YEEEEAAAAHHH, in case you didn't know I made this one a month before the new year's preview, so I nailed Wikstrom reappearing, Farfetch'd receiving focus, both of those things being related, and Farfetch'd evolving in episode 60 before those things seemed plausible.
    -JN061: Return to Alola! Catch the Totem Pokemon! (Kiawe helps Goh catch Salazzle)
    Alola is being ignored, and there aren't any signs of Goh going on a big capture mission again.
    ERE: JN058 Panic! Gokulin Ball!! & Come on, Kamukame - The Turtle Race! & JN062 Damp Drizzile!
    The next two-parter happened 4 episodes earler, it h
    ad a Poison-type causing chaos with one of its features. But the real JN062 had Sobble focus and an Eevee appearance, so I'll count that too.
    ERE= Equivalent real episode.

That's all for now! See my latest prediction a few posts above this one. I hope you have liked it.

Prediction 2021 #2
  • Hi guys! It's time for another one of these. I'm inspired by the magazine leak which showed Pokemon that could be appearing soon. I hope you enjoy it.

-JN078: Beat Machamp at the Poke-Olympics! and Shedinja's secret!
    -JN079: Project Mew Trial! Jirachi's mysterious meteorite!
    -JN080: Nurse Joy of the wild jungle!
    -JN081: Ruins of Alph! Drizzile's best shot! (Evolves into Inteleon.)
    -JN082: Pokemon Contest! Chloe and Eevee make their debut! (It's hard to say whether Chloe will become an instant coordinator or not, but I'm positive she'll at least try them out)
    -JN083: Sour or sweet? A delicious baking competition in Galar! (Alcremie debuts)
    -JN084: Gible and Bagon! Fly towards the sky!
    -JN085: Ren tags along! Conquer your fears in the Lavender Tower!
    -JN086: Bea's challenge! The Isle of Armor! (No, I will never give up on this. Something tells me it's coming soon...)
    -JN087: Flareon's firefighting squad! (Will we keep having episodes with an eeveelution in the spotlight? Nobody knows, but I'll cover my bases)
    -JN088: A mission with Asahi! Spiritomb and the sunken ship!

That's all for now.

Prediction 2021 #3
  • Hi guys, welcome to another one of my crazy predictions. It's possible anytime this week a next year preview occurs and destroys all of this but I want to run the risk.

-JN096: The Master Class draws near! Gengar's full power! (I think it will be VS Will since he's an unseen Elite Four that would push Gengar to the limit, and if it was Allister it would have happened right away)
    -JN097: Master Simisage! Grookey, learn a move!
    -JN098: Kangaskhan & Pikachu! (I hadn't made this obvious prediction because I think it's more likely to happen near the end, and...we're there now)
    -JN099: Cramorant! Where is its prey?
    -JN100: Sylveon! The unbreakable bond! (Serena returns)
    -JN101: Project Mew trial! Lava fight with Heatran!
    -JN102: Dangerous challenge in Spikemuth! (Piers appears)
    -JN103: Dracovish visits the school!
    -JN104: Crown Tundra! Mission: save Mohn!
    -JN105: Lillie, Go beyond the limits! The secret of the steed!
    -JN106: Leon's real face! The story of a hero!

That's all for now, happy holidays!

Last edited:
    Prediction 2022 #1
  • Hi guys, welcome to another one of my reasonable predictions, as we approach Journeys' climax I'll get more ambitious with these and the opening has stuff I can work with, so let's start.

-JN106: Sinnoh Grand Underground! Find the secret oasis! (The explorer returns)
    -JN107: Two Dragonite and Hydreigon! (Iris returns)
    -JN108: Chloe's choice! Enter the Contest Masters!
    -JN109: Slateport Contest! Combination with Mimic!
    -JN110: Jigglypuff is a One Hit Wonder!
    -JN111: Trial in Galar! Calm the giant Toxel! (Project Mew continues)
    -JN112: Manaphy!! Heart Swap Frenzy in Alola?
    -JN113: Aim to the Master Class! All or nothing Hot Full battle! part one (Ash vs Flint)
    -JN114: Aim to the Master Class! All or nothing Hot Full battle! part two
    -JN115: Bidoof's effort! Protect the dam!
    -JN116: The magical Qwilfish from an ancient land!
    -JN117: The bonds of battle! Head forward, Greninja!

That's all for now...

Prediction 2022 #2 FINAL Journeys Prediction
  • Hi guys, welcome to my final prediction...ever. Just kidding, it's just the final Journeys one. Let's speculate how the league and the post-league could turn out.

-JN117: Iris' test! Enter Mega Garchomp!
    -JN118: Ash's Master Class debut! Surpass the Steel-types!
    -JN119: Leon is in trouble? Dragapult vs Mega Gardevoir!
    -JN120: One last chance! The semi-finals! (Like in SM we get an episode that shows the end of one battle and the start of the next one)
    -JN121: Gigantamax battle! Ash vs Cynthia!
    -JN999: Grookey becomes an influencer! (Couldn't resist lol. But it won't count towards the total)
    -JN122: Ash vs Leon: The monarch
    -JN123: Ash vs Leon: The team
    -JN124: Ash vs Leon: The dream
    -JN125: Welcome home, Ash! Party in Pallet Town! (Misty, Brock and Tracey return, and an arc about Ash being unsure about what to do next begins)
    -JN126: The way of the Eevee! Chloe's choice! (Cilan returns)
    -JN127: VS Regigigas! Goh's final battle! (The first half is Giga-Cinderace vs Regigigas, the second half is Goh's goodbye)
    -JN128: May and Max! Keeping our dreams young! (Ash gets to see Max becoming a Pokemon trainer and becomes inspired to travel again)
    -JN129: Into the deep jungle! The secrets of Project Mew!
    -JN130: A new Journey! Dreams will someday become reality! (Ash leaves Cerise Lab. Ends with a montage of all companions working towards their dreams)

We all know the final 5 episodes I proposed will be crammed into two in real life and won't have all those characters, but it's fun to dream, right?

Prediction 2023 #1 Ash's goodbye miniseries Prediction
  • Hi people! Welcome to the possibly only update of the Aim to be A Pokemon Master series or the final part of Journeys, or whatever you want to call it, unless it's "special episodes", if that's the case please go away. So, let's begin as our time is short.

-JN142: Pokemon Contest! Wallace Cup Competition! part 1
    -JN143: Pokemon Contest! Wallace Cup Competition! part 2
    -JN144: Goodra and Greninja! Clean the vines! (With Yuyama at the helm you know this will happen. Clemont and Bonnie would appear here too)
    -JN145: Hisuian Decidueye! A new challenger in Alola! (Ash defends his champion title from a COTD)
    -JN146: This feels good? Team Rocket settles down!
    -JN147: Pikachu, I will always choose you... :cry:

That's all, I think all of us wanted more episodes but gotta move on. My prediction review will come...someday.

Final prediction review
  • Hi guys! It's time to review what things did I got right about the second half of Journeys. Spoilers for the whole series below.

ERE=Equivalent Real Episode.

ERE: PM 120 Koharu Chloe and Eevee, the Possibilities are Endless!
    Chloe's last focus episode involved Clefairy!
    ERE: JN069 Watch Over My First Errand!
    Eevee had an errand episode! Though with Grookey instead of Sobble.

-JN063: Lilycove Aquatic Park! A Pikachu Squad adventure!
    ERE: JN063 Challenge! Pokémon Marine Athletic!!
    This episode and the next were supported by an upcoming episodes trailer so they weren't hard to guess, though I guessed the Lilycove city location.
    -JN064: Angry Glaile? Cross the snowstorm! (Yeah, I think these episodes will turn out to be exactly what they appear to be)
    ERE: JN064 The Detested Absol
    The focus was in Absol instead of Glailie.
    -JN065: Roll on! Yamper and the Wooloo race!
    Yamper and Wooloo got focus around episode 100 but individually and with no competitions involved.
    -JN066: Star Tournament: Reunion (I know that something like this sounds implausible for Journeys, but I'm intrigued that we'll have Korrina-if merchandise is to be believed-, Gary and Iris soon and we still don't know how so I'm taking a risk)
    ERE: None. No tournaments for Journeys until the Masters 8.
    -JN067: Star Tournament: The Aura advances!
    Korrina reappeared later but without rematching Ash.
    -JN068: Star Tournament: Best Wishes of the dragons!
    ERE: JN065 Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!!
    Ash and Iris had a dragon battle 3 episodes earlier, but without participating in a tournament.
    -JN069: Star Tournament: Rivals forever!
    Gary returned one episode earlier but he became Goh's rival instead.
    -JN070: Meowth, Meowth and Meowth! Stop the Matori Matrix! (Galarian Meowth debut)
    Poor Galarian Meowth just had a small role until the next year. The Matori Matrix did return four episodes later!
    -JN071: Victreebel screams! and The mysterious Magnezone police!
    To the rejoice of most two-parters didn't returned. Officer Jenny got focus three episodes earlier in a comedic episode though.
    -JN072: Suicune vs Cobalion! Goh's hardest challenge!
    Suicune did nothing of note afterwards. Goh's rival got a Virizion to mirror him though. JN 71 featured legendaries and Goh development but it's too different to count.
    -JN073: Sonia's internship! Goodbye Grookey? (Fridge brilliance because Sonia and Magnolia are into plants)
    Poor Sonia only returned to hype Leon, and Grookey promotion started to wind down by this time.
    -JN074: Champion title defense! Hau's comeback!
    ERE: JN112 A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!
    Finally a mid victory! There was an episode about Ash's champion status, and while it wasn't in danger he still had to face rivals with increased strength, and Hau cameo'd.

-JN078: Beat Machamp at the Poke-Olympics! and Shedinja's secret!
    ERE: JN 086 Mega Evolution VS Gigantamax
    Yeah, I'll count the Bea battle, Machamp was beaten in an sports stadium after all 8 episodes later. Shedinja also got focus 13 episodes later but the episode wasn't completely about it.
    -JN079: Project Mew Trial! Jirachi's mysterious meteorite!
    The next trial was one episode later but with another Pokemon.
    -JN080: Nurse Joy of the wild jungle!
    Poor Joy did not get focus.
    -JN081: Ruins of Alph! Drizzile's best shot! (Evolves into Inteleon.)
    ERE: JN078 The Targeted Cerise Institute!
    Drizzile evolved 3 episodes earlier! I was right it did not take long, though it took place in a different location.
    -JN082: Pokemon Contest! Chloe and Eevee make their debut! (It's hard to say whether Chloe will become an instant coordinator or not, but I'm positive she'll at least try them out)
    ERE: JN106 Eevee and Sylveon! Encounters and Reunions!!
    Yes, she tried them out 24 episodes later (God her arc was slow), but it wasn't because of Dawn.
    -JN083: Sour or sweet? A delicious baking competition in Galar! (Alcremie debuts)
    ERE: JN082 Alcremie's Sweet Battle!?
    Boom, I only missed the count by 1 but the competition, the Galar location and the Alcremie debut were all nailed. This was almost a Wikstrom-level prediction!
    -JN084: Gible and Bagon! Fly towards the sky!
    Fillers were inmensely reduced by this time, though Garchomp appeared one episode earlier!.
    -JN085: Ren tags along! Conquer your fears in the Lavender Tower!
    ERE: JN093 Your Name is Françoise
    Ren finally got focus 8 episodes later, though it was centered in Magnemite instead. The Lavender Tower did not return but we got ghosts 6 episodes later.
    -JN086: Bea's challenge! The Isle of Armor! (No, I will never give up on this. Something tells me it's coming soon...)
    ERE: JN 85 Rival Showdown! Ash VS Bea!! & JN 086 Mega Evolution VS Gigantamax

Sorry, past me, the Isle of Armor was replaced by a random "Mega Island" in a terrible episode. But in this exact episode number we got Bea vs Ash!
    -JN087: Flareon's firefighting squad! (Will we keep having episodes with an eeveelution in the spotlight? Nobody knows, but I'll cover my bases)
    ERE: JN098 Pokémon Circus! Booster and Thunders!!
    Yes, they returned, and in this exact number Glaceon was covered, while Flareon's episode was 11 episodes later.
    -JN088: A mission with Asahi! Spiritomb and the sunken ship!
    ERE: JN88 Trial Mission! The Deep Sea Diver Research Team!! & JN091 The Ghost Train Departs... & JN110 The Battle Royale of Betrayal!
    This one was right but split on many episodes lol. The real JN088 had a sunken submarine and a Project Mew mission, 3 episodes later we had an Spiritomb episode and 22 episodes later we had a sunken ship, a Project Mew mission and Asahi.
    -JN096: The Master Class draws near! Gengar's full power! (I think it will be VS Will since he's an unseen Elite Four that would push Gengar to the limit, and if it was Allister it would have happened right away)
    ERE: JN99 Marnie of Spikemuth!
    Your opinion may vary on whether Marnie was elite four level or not, but I was right Gengar would receive a battle and it happened 3 episodes later.
    -JN097: Master Simisage! Grookey, learn a move!
    ERE: JN101 One Stick, Thwakey!
    Grookey got focus and bonded with a big sleek green monkey 4 episodes later! Though he did not learn any moves there.
    -JN098: Kangaskhan & Pikachu! (I hadn't made this obvious prediction because I think it's more likely to happen near the end, and...we're there now)
    Poor Kangaskhan can join in Malamar and the GS Ball on the things that went nowhere pile.
    -JN099: Cramorant! Where is its prey?
    Cramorant got some focus on that one Galar episode which featured everyone but nothing solely to itself.
    -JN100: Sylveon! The unbreakable bond! (Serena returns)
    Serena was the Sylveon trainer! I had the feeling they would not miss out on her and I'm glad I was right. Though it happened 6 episodes later and also involved Wallace, Lisia, and a contest.
    -JN101: Project Mew trial! Lava fight with Heatran!
    ERE: JN 102 Trial Mission! A Freezing Raid Battle!!
    The next trial involved a legendary on its natural environment, but what prompts me to count it is that I was off only by one episode.
    -JN102: Dangerous challenge in Spikemuth! (Piers appears)
    ERE: JN99 Marnie of Spikemuth!
    Piers was a natural fit for the PWC but it was still nice to get that one right, it happened 3 episodes earlier.
    -JN103: Dracovish visits the school!
    Dracovish did got focus on this episode number, but on a more PWC-related plot.
    -JN104: Crown Tundra! Mission: save Mohn!
    -JN105: Lillie, Go beyond the limits! The secret of the steed!

ERE: JN111 Mohn and Lilie, Snowfield Reunion
    The seed was planted on the Alola episode, but we were wary it was actually going to happen, and it did! And I included it in a prediction not that far off from where it actually happened! (7 or 6 episodes earlier) Though it was one part only and did not feature Calyrex.
    -JN106: Leon's real face! The story of a hero!
    ERE: JN100 Close Contact! Dande's Special Training!!
    A magazine said that we would meet "Leon's real face" soon so I decided to go with it. My idea was more of a backstory, but it still happened 6 episodes earlier.

The missing ones will be covered on an upcoming post, it will come out this week. I hope you liked it!

Final prediction review (continued)
  • Ok, here we go!
    ERE=Equivalent Real Episode
    -JN106: Sinnoh Grand Underground! Find the secret oasis! (The explorer returns)
    The explorer didn't return and Sinnoh wasn't visited at all during Season 25.
    -JN107: Two Dragonite and Hydreigon! (Iris returns)
    The Master Class had Iris, 3 Dragonite and one Hydreigon but it was as a part of a larger arc. Maybe If Iris had battled Lance I'd had counted it.
    -JN108: Chloe's choice! Enter the Contest Masters!
    -JN109: Slateport Contest! Combination with Mimic!

Promotion about the real episode was a mess but that was good for some as it really surprised them. As for me, I expected the contest to last for at least two parts but nope, and it happened 2/3 episodes earlier.
    -JN110: Jigglypuff is a One Hit Wonder!
    As I said before fillers died by this time, and while they were resurrected on ATPM Jigglypuff did not got anything.
    -JN111: Trial in Galar! Calm the giant Toxel! (Project Mew continues)
    ERE: JN 113 The Last Mission! Catch Regieleki and Regidorago!!
    There were two Project Mew trials here, one an episode earlier and another two episodes later, I'm going with the later as it features Galar and a giant Pokemon.
    -JN112: Manaphy!! Heart Swap Frenzy in Alola?
    ERE: JN112 A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!
    While I love Manaphy, I'm glad this episode turned out the way it did. And I nailed the episode number!
    -JN113: Aim to the Master Class! All or nothing Hot Full battle! part one (Ash vs Flint)
    -JN114: Aim to the Master Class! All or nothing Hot Full battle! part two

ERE: JN109 VS Raihan! Battle for Masters Eight!!
    I was wrong, Flint's cameo didn't amount to anything and Ash's ranking upgrade was a 3vs3 Lucario glorifiation. It happened 4/5 episodes earlier.
    -JN115: Bidoof's effort! Protect the dam!
    While there are some predictions I'm glad to be wrong it would have been interesting to see forgotten families from Sinnoh getting some attention.
    -JN116: The magical Qwilfish from an ancient land!
    Why do the games I like (Isle of Armor, Legends Arceus) get zero attention?
    -JN117: The bonds of battle! Head forward, Greninja!
    ERE: JN 108 Lucario and Greninja! The Wave Guidance of Destiny!!
    Greninja returned 9 episodes earlier. I was a bit clueless on how it could return but a training episode crossed my mind at one point.
    -JN117: Iris' test! Enter Mega Garchomp!
    ERE: JN117 VS Cynthia! Iris's Road to Dragon Master!!
    This prediction was made while the Master Class was starting so predicting the other two battles would also take one episode wasn't too hard.
    -JN118: Ash's Master Class debut! Surpass the Steel-types!
    ERE: JN118 Ash Goes into Battle! VS Steven!!
    The real title hyped Ash's debut too!
    -JN119: Leon is in trouble? Dragapult vs Mega Gardevoir!
    ERE: JN 122 The Semifinals I: "Overwhelming Victory"
    He wasn't in trouble at all lol and those ugly recaps messed my episode count by 3.
    -JN120: One last chance! The semi-finals! (Like in SM we get an episode that shows the end of one battle and the start of the next one)
    -JN121: Gigantamax battle! Ash vs Cynthia!

ERE: JN 123 The Semifinals II: "Dazzle", JN 124 The Semifinals III: "Valor" & JN125 The Semifinals IV: "Impact"
    Flashbacks from my Predictions from the Alola League predictions here as the battle in reality lasted double the time of what I predicted. It happened 2 to 4 episodes earlier. And I nailed Cynthia using Dynamax! My logic was that Gengar needed a victory.
    -JN999: Grookey becomes an influencer! (Couldn't resist lol. But it won't count towards the total)
    Would you have prefered this over the four recaps and five breaks? Discuss.
    -JN122: Ash vs Leon: The monarch
    -JN123: Ash vs Leon: The team
    -JN124: Ash vs Leon: The dream

ERE: JN129 The Finals I: "Torrent", JN 130 The Finals II: "Toy Around", JN 131 The Finals III: "The Strongest", JN 132 The Finals IV: "Partner"
    I'm glad I nailed the "Arc title: subtitle" format even I didn't nail the titles themselves. They happened 7/8 episodes later.
    -JN125: Welcome home, Ash! Party in Pallet Town! (Misty, Brock and Tracey return, and an arc about Ash being unsure about what to do next begins)
    ERE: JN 147 The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!
    The next time we see Ash he's doing anything but celebrating his triumph. Laaaaame. Though we did saw those 3 characters again and we also saw Ash choosing a new goal at the end of the series.
    -JN126: The way of the Eevee! Chloe's choice! (Cilan returns)
    ERE: JN 120 Koharu and Eievui, the Possibilities are Endless!
    So endless they couldn't even settle on one. Thanfully Cilan still returned later.
    -JN127: VS Regigigas! Goh's final battle! (The first half is Giga-Cinderace vs Regigigas, the second half is Goh's goodbye)
    ERE: JN126 Go and Aceburn! The Place of Beginnings!!
    One episode earlier Goh left for Project Mew. As for Goh's dynamax band and Regigigas, they can join Kangaskhan, Malamar and the GS Ball on the things that went nowhere pile.
    -JN128: May and Max! Keeping our dreams young! (Ash gets to see Max becoming a Pokemon trainer and becomes inspired to travel again)
    ..Sigh...
    -JN129: Into the deep jungle! The secrets of Project Mew!
    ERE: JN133 Project Mew & JN 134 Seize the Future!
    Project Mew was a two-parter, while it wasn't exceptional I'm glad it was shown. It happened 4/5 episodes later.
    -JN130: A new Journey! Dreams will someday become reality! (Ash leaves Cerise Lab. Ends with a montage of all companions working towards their dreams)
    ERE: JN136 Satoshi and Go! Embark on a New Journey!!

Six episodes later Journeys finally ended. I nailed the new journey part but not the companion montage which didn't even happen in ATBPM.
    My final count was off by 6, though if you take out the ugly recaps it was only by two. Also, the last episode aired before SV were released was the 132, also off by two.

This will be short and painless...Or short and painful.
    -JN142: Pokemon Contest! Wallace Cup Competition! part 1
    -JN143: Pokemon Contest! Wallace Cup Competition! part 2
    -JN144: Goodra and Greninja! Clean the vines! (With Yuyama at the helm you know this will happen. Clemont and Bonnie would appear here too)
    -JN145: Hisuian Decidueye! A new challenger in Alola!
    (Ash defends his champion title from a COTD)
    ERE: None. Most episodes took place in a nameless region and the no companions who already had returned in journeys returned. And no Pokemon released after OS returned (unless you count Gliscor).
    -JN146: This feels good? Team Rocket settles down!
    ERE: JN145 Team Rocket Strikes Back!
    No, they did not settled down, but at least got an episode to themselves.
    -JN147: Pikachu, I will always choose you...
    ERE: JN 147 The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!
    Pikachu didn't got the best of focus, the focus was on random shenanigans until the Pokemon Master plot appeared in the last 5 minutes.

I hope you liked it! Hopefully I'll do better in the next miniseries, and remember that the first prediction for Horizons is already available.

Back
    Top Bottom