• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon anime series to be announced Sept. 29: To feature all regions

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Pokémon anime series to be announced Sept. 29: To feature all regions

The next series of the Pokémon anime will be announced on September 29, 2019. This new series will simply be titled Pocket Monsters in Japanese, just like when the Pokémon anime first debuted in Japan in 1997.

Continue reading...

I kinda hope its the main series. Maybe this is why they also introduced the "Pokemon Masters" game. The Sun and Moon anime along with XY has shown that Pokemon can handle having many different storylines and characters so this could be really awesome.

This also makes me a bit nervous though as I'm not sure Pokemon has ever made such a big undertaking outside of Chronicles, which was a side story.

I hope this means that we'll get to see what's going on with Hikari, Haruka, and Serena along with many others.

What if we actually get the Sun and Moon cast to travel different regions and see them develop more along with past characters? That would be #awesome.

Given that it's supposedly featuring all previous regions, this looks to be a last hurrah for Ash Ketchum, and all of his previous companions. Here's what I would like to happen: have him be 15 years old, and render the previous series to have happened with broad strokes. And maybe we could settle the shipping question once and for all.

Given that it's supposedly featuring all previous regions, this looks to be a last hurrah for Ash Ketchum, and all of his previous companions. Here's what I would like to happen: have him be 15 years old, and render the previous series to have happened with broad strokes. And maybe we could settle the shipping question once and for all.
It could be related to the side missions or extras of previous games such as the Sinnoh Battle Frontier, Team Rainbow Rocket and the Delta Episode.

What if this is like Pokemon Generations (XY/ORAS themed webseries) and is based on various main series games from the franchise?

It's most likely part of the Movie 20 continuity given the logo. They'd have to be trolls to reuse it just because.

I have a possible theory:

Maybe this show dosen’t have any humans appearing, focuses on all 1000+ Pokémon and has all of them speaking for themselves?

That would be great, wouldn’t it!

Last edited:
It's time to use common sense:

1. Ash is not going, not completely. SM isn't the saga to end Ash's story with (that would have been XY or DP before that)
  2. It's not going to be AU Ash either, that's ridiculous. Especially if they focus on old characters with ties to the main series. They just re-treaded Ash's Kanto journey in Movie 20.
Besides that I don't think we'll see that many old characters. Keep in mind focusing on old regions can mean the Gym leaders or other game related characters. Pokemon Masters shows the Gym leaders can be given fleshed out personalities if they try. I think people expecting some nostalgia fest of Misty/Brock again or May/Dawn/Serena, etc. might be getting too far ahead of themselves. Sure we might see some of them, but I don't think after 22+ years of the writers allowing old main characters to fade into obscurity after their sagas ended, that all of a sudden they had a massive change of heart.

Obviously Misty/Brock in SM was a different story as it tied into the 20th anniversary and then Let's Go. If there are DP remakes there's a slight chance for Dawn, but who knows. It's also apparent Serena won't be used without Yajima to write her, May is never going to appear again, and Iris, etc. probably just aren't popular enough and too expensive to get their VAs back for. I can see Bonnie/Clemont appearing though and I think they might.

I want new people to come. Because Gen VIII is the official generation of the Switch, we need the PCs to play main roles. Maybe they show the player the menu. It's that we need Gloria a chance to shine with Ash.

It's also apparent Serena won't be used without Yajima.

Yajima? You mean Tairenar?

It's most likely part of the Movie 20 continuity given the logo. They'd have to be trolls to reuse it just because.
Using that logo is a surprise to me too. I thought it would use the same logo as the games, as they actually based it on the English Pokemon logo, so you'd think that would become the new Japanese franchise logo.
Pok%C3%A9mon_Shield_logo_JP.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Search Bulbapedia

Back
Top Bottom