• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M Block

Reaction score
Talk about all the confirmed new pokemon here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuntology

So you want to be a hero?
Reaction score
Re: Gen V Grass Starter

I think a koala would be neat, and could eventually evolve into a giant ground sloth.

MetalGearOmega

Reaction score

A bird. Something green and red and tropical. It'd have to be tall and ratite-like, but should be able to fly, imo. Although Fire and Water already had flightless birds, so maybe something like a moa would be cool.

If not a bird, I'd like to see a tree kangaroo that ends up as a red kangaroo in the end. Grass/Fighting. Kinda sick of Fighting starters, though.

V Faction

Froakin' Hilarious.
Reaction score

Who knows. Maybe it'll be a Hyundai Sonata.

I think we could've lived without another starter topic, let alone any of them when we've got the idea threads (and even a starter thread already if I'm not mistaken).

Ltrainer

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Going by past trends, the grass starter will be a reptile and the final evolution will be some sort of dinosaur.

D558

Reaction score

possoms are ugly, no.

はりそん

Formerly koolhk^_^
Reaction score

Going by past trends, the grass starter will be a reptile and the final evolution will be some sort of dinosaur.
A bird. Something green and red and tropical. It'd have to be tall and ratite-like, but should be able to fly, imo. Although Fire and Water already had flightless birds, so maybe something like a moa would be cool.

If not a bird, I'd like to see a tree kangaroo that ends up as a red kangaroo in the end. Grass/Fighting. Kinda sick of Fighting starters, though.
Actually (it may just be a fan Connection) but in the Previous Two Generations we have had a Bird as a Starter.
A Fire Bird=Torchic,(based partly on a Chicken),
A Water Bird=Piplup(based partly on a Penguin),
If there is a Connection then we should be getting a Grass Type Bird Starter, the Common Consensus is if we get one it will probably be a Peacock.

TTEchidna

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Shouldn't this all be in... one topic on the Gen V starters in general?

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score

Actually (it may just be a fan Connection) but in the Previous Two Generations we have had a Bird as a Starter.
A Fire Bird=Torchic,(based partly on a Chicken),
A Water Bird=Piplup(based partly on a Penguin),
If there is a Connection then we should be getting a Grass Type Bird Starter, the Common Consensus is if we get one it will probably be a Peacock.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyvern
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockatrice

Winged Lizard. It can be both. I'd prefer a Cockatrice Pokémon though, as we already have Aerodactyl, which is based on the pterosaurs (basically Wyverns. Grass/Flying ftw

Pidgeot

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

A Triceratops pokémon.

pigmonkeyandsuzi

Reaction score

please no more reptilian grass starters DX not that i didn't like some of them like turtwig, I just don't like reptiles, but like grass pokemon

i like the idea of a bird one

Spiffee

CYBORG FIGHT!
Reaction score

They should have a Grass/Bug starter.

Like a grasshopper or a locust. Those things are cool. 8]

Takoto

★ Prince of Ampora ★
Reaction score

Well whatever it is, I sure hope it looks cooler than Turtwig.

I hope for another lizard based Pokémon (like the Sceptile-line), or... I dunno, something cute.

deuxhero

Wears sunglasses at night
Reaction score

I say the final form would look like
except the tentacles are roots/vines

Seriously, a shambling mound grass type could be cool.

Envoy

Formerly GTT
Reaction score

I'm kinda hoping for a flightless bird (peacock ftw) that evolves into a bird/reptile hybrid. That way, they can follow both the "flightless bird" trend and the "Grass starter=reptile" trend. Plus, a Grass type wyvern or something would just be epic.

If not that, then I kind of want a triceratops (Grass/Rock or Grass/Steel) and it could be a very defensive Pokemon

Or maybe a T-Rex Grass type that focuses on physical offense (Sceptile already focuses on Special Attack, this could be a physical counterpart). If this happens, I want it to be pure Grass specifically to show it as a counterpoint to Sceptile

Atara

Reaction score

I say the final form would look like
except the tentacles are roots/vines

Seriously, a shambling mound grass type could be cool.
That actually reminds me of Tangrowth :T

I would like to see a Kiwi or Peacock. Maybe a Kiwi for the starter and the Peacock for the last evolution.

Amewsment

Mewsic to your ears!
Reaction score

I will jump on the flightless bird bandwagon. I would love to see a peacock or flamingo (especially after watching Alice In Wonderland on the weekend) for the Gen V grass starter. So yeah a grass type flamingo would be pretty epic, but hard to do right!

Remember:
Dodrio appears to have more in common with ostriches, Kiwi birds, emus, cassowaries than dodos.
So they might opt not to do one given that they already have one (yes I know we have multiple dogs and so on).

d.aisuke

Nuzlocke challenge'd
Reaction score

I think speculation on a matter such as this is a little silly, but I do know that I'd like a mammalian grass starter.
More mammalian grass pokemon in general actually.