• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again, unneeded wall of text. In Pokémon battle terminology (and just in this argot), "outclass" is very specific and can only apply to Pokémon that share some things in common between them. Yet again, Pendra can be a worse battle choice in general therms than a lot of other (Bug-type) Pokémon, but can't be outclassed by them as they cover different roles. Got it?

I will quote a statement made earlier by Outrage that complements pretty well what I'm trying to say:

How about we make another comparison to help your point across. Saying that Buffalon outclasses Blissey, both being normal types, is pointless because they do two different things. Likewise, Pendra does different things than the other bug types so its not really outclassed. Perhaps other bug types have more uses, but their uses don't encroach on Pendra's.
There's a collection of terminology? You mean "Outclass" as in type, I mean "Outclass" as in role in a team. Different types of outclassing.

Also, "encroach" is an awesome word. Just had to say that.

There's a collection of terminology?

Of course (though fanmade). But as you will defend your stand no matter what, I shall better not keep addressing the topic.

What you guys think of Morobareru? I find it a pretty good support Pokémon, with access to both Anger Powder and Spore, without forgetting an exceptional synergy with Trick Room teams.

Last edited:
What you guys think of Morobareru? I find it a pretty good support Pokémon, with access to both Anger Powder and Spore, without forgetting an exceptional synergy with Trick Room teams.
I love mushrooms, kinda (they have their places), shiitake mushrooms particularly.

Anyway, it's a good thing that it has the move Spore. That might be the only thing going for it in singles, and, in doubles, Spore is still its best move. Morobareru is good for cutting things down to size in doubles, I guess: Clear Smog is its next most notable move. On another note, its stats are relatively optimal for Giga Drain (absent higher Sp. Attack), what with high HP, lower defenses, and low speed. (It moves second, i.e.)

Eh, and Gastro Acid is good.

EDIT: I see Anger Poweder has high priority. It has moved up in my book. I think Moro can do some good things in doubles, ya. I don't know if my impression of something has ever improved so fast.

Last edited:
One of my favorie designs, great typing. Sadly its stats are lacking...
Agreed with on Gama.

Defensively, it's kind of outclassed by Swampert, or even Quagsire, even in spite of Water Absorb. It does have good use for swift swim, as its special attack stat is pretty good, but it's predictable movepool and bad stats kind of bring it down.

Several new Pokes got shafted by bad stats. Gamageroge, Buffalon, LEPARDAS. Others, like Doryuuzu, Zeburaika, and Lepardas AGAIN, got somewhat lacking movepools.

Well, Lepardus is basically this region's equivalent of Poochyena. What can you expect? :/
Mischievous Heart makes Lepardas SOMEWHAT useful, but in that sense there are pokemon that use the ability much better by comparison.

Doryuuzu, despite it's shitty movepool and terrible defensive stats, is actually very useful in his own right. With the following set:
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-X-scissor

... He really has all the coverage he needs, and with the boost in speed from sandstorm, he'll utterly destroy any unprepared team. Even though his movepool sucks, he still has few of the right moves to become usful... But then again this is the only use that I've seen that is the most effective for Dory.

Anyway, I was kind of disappointed with Goruugu. A pokemon with such unique typing and awesome design doesn't deserve to have such terrible defenses and a shallow movepool.

Last edited:
Mischievous Heart makes Lepardas SOMEWHAT useful, but in that sense there are pokemon that use the ability much better by comparison.

Doryuuzu, despite it's shitty movepool and terrible defensive stats, is actually very useful in his own right. With the following set:
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-X-scissor

... He really has all the coverage he needs, and with the boost in speed from sandstorm, he'll utterly destroy any unprepared team. Even though his movepool sucks, he still has few of the right moves to become usful... But then again this is the only use that I've seen that is the most effective for Dory.

Anyway, I was kind of disappointed with Goruugu. A pokemon with such unique typing and awesome design doesn't deserve to have such terrible defenses and a shallow movepool.
I don't get that feeling when looking at Goruugu. I think it can do wonders with just Curse and Focus Punch (though Shadow Punch and Earthquake are relatively powerful enough), or Telekinesis/Dynamic Punch. Telekinesis will probably force switches. (A DW Goruugu really isn't available.) Its defenses are just about average anyhow (not terrible), coming just under the 200 mark without EVs. Anyhow, it has only about 1 stat for offensive considerations, unless you want to lower speed for TR, or raise them for Rock Polish. That leaves its 64-ish EVs free for defensive investment, generally.

Also, if its entrance forces a switch (Choice lock, bad matchup, yada yada yada), and, predicting this, you use Curse, Curse works around to becoming very useful. A guranteed 25% damage and a 50% trade off to stay in works great for Goruugu.

And so I don't see its movepool as shallow. Ghost/Ground is great coverage, for 7 types. I also expect new move tutors to come around later (meaning the Elemental Punches), but that can't be counted.
what's y'all's opinion on gamageroge?
I like his Grass Knot with Poison Hand. Grass Knot is one of his better features.

Last edited:
Morobareru is incredibly useful. Anger Powder/Spore/Protect/Giga Drain

A fantastic support choice. And yeah, it does wonders in Trick Room; although, if you mainly use it for Anger Powder, it can survive well outside of it as well.

Does Gigaiath have good stats? Because I'm thinking of having it on my team.

Can anyone tell me if Archeos is a good Pokemon? I like his design and I would like to have one my team.

They have very good Attack and Speed, but poor defenses and a crippling ability. So it's risky to use, but very powerful if used effectively.

Archeos seems good initially, with that beastly Attack and high Speed. However, it has quite a few weaknesses: Water, Electric, Ice, Steel, and Rock (meaning a Stealth Rock weakness). And they're all common attack types, with Bullet Punch and Aqua Jet bring common priority attacks. (Ice Shard? Not so much.) A Stealth Rock weakness is not kind to its switching ability when its only available ability is Timid/Faint of Heart/whatever it's really called. It loses half of its offensive power when it's below 50% HP. And it focuses purely on offense, so when it hits the halfpoint, it's practically dead. Keep a Rapid Spinner on your team.

Here's a set I'd recommend.

Jolly / Rock Jewel / Faint of Heart
- Stone Edge
- Acrobat
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Crunch
EVs: 252 Attack / 6 Defense / 252 Speed

Come in on something that doesn't like Rock or physical attacks, and use Stone Edge on the first turn. The Rock Jewel gives it a 50% boost, which, combined with STAB, raises Stone Edge's power to 225! (Head Smash seems tempting, but again, you want to hold on to your HP there. Head Smash has crazy recoil!) The Rock Jewel vanishes the first time Stone Edge is used, and your itemlessness opens up a wonderful Flying attack in Acrobat, which goes up to 110 power (165 with STAB)! It's a wonderful thing that Archeos can learn Earthquake, because coverage-wise, it goes great with Stone Edge. The last move's based on preference. Wanna hit Dragons like Garchomp hard, or do you want to dispose of Ghosts and Psychics, like Gengar and Espeon?

It's pretty good, but definitely not a solid OU. It's a great lower-tier Poke, though. Use it in UU if you like.

Last edited:
Archeos seems good initially, with that beastly Attack and high Speed. However, it has quite a few weaknesses: Water, Electric, Ice, Steel, and Rock (meaning a Stealth Rock weakness). And they're all common attack types, with Bullet Punch and Aqua Jet bring common priority attacks. (Ice Shard? Not so much.) A Stealth Rock weakness is not kind to its switching ability when its only available ability is Timid/Faint of Heart/whatever it's really called. It loses half of its offensive power when it's below 50% HP. And it focuses purely on offense, so when it hits the halfpoint, it's practically dead. Keep a Rapid Spinner on your team.

Here's a set I'd recommend.

Jolly / Rock Jewel / Faint of Heart
- Stone Edge
- Acrobat
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Crunch
EVs: 252 Attack / 6 Defense / 252 Speed

Come in on something that doesn't like Rock or physical attacks, and use Stone Edge on the first turn. The Rock Jewel gives it a 50% boost, which, combined with STAB, raises Stone Edge's power to 225! (Head Smash seems tempting, but again, you want to hold on to your HP there. Head Smash has crazy recoil!) The Rock Jewel vanishes the first time Stone Edge is used, and your itemlessness opens up a wonderful Flying attack in Acrobat, which goes up to 110 power (165 with STAB)! It's a wonderful thing that Archeos can learn Earthquake, because coverage-wise, it goes great with Stone Edge. The last move's based on preference. Wanna hit Dragons like Garchomp hard, or do you want to dispose of Ghosts and Psychics, like Gengar and Espeon?

It's pretty good, but definitely not a solid OU. It's a great lower-tier Poke, though. Use it in UU if you like.

Thanks for the tips.

*bows*

what's y'all's opinion on gamageroge?

Great moves, design, typing, and potential. One the best things about Gamageroge is that it's only weak to Grass, and it can learn a bunch of different poison moves to beat Grass. My only problem with it is the low stats. Overall, I think it's one of the best Water types of this generation.

Back
Top Bottom