• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmph

Gameinformer just makes me want to bang my head against a wall

I kind of understand you point, but I am curious on your opinions on that article. As for mine...

First of all, I do give merit to the author for praising some Pokemon like Excadrill and Gigalith, which I am glad about.

I felt that for an analysis, the author only looks at the aesthetic aspects of the Pokemon, which I understand since the author isn't into Pokemon, but I can't help but feel it's very inaccurate, like the Reckless and Adaptability on Basculin, and stating that Deerling's ability are not combat-worthy (Sun players will hate what's said). It appears that the author looks at Category and thinks it's some designated group instead of the species, and the "analysis" on Cofagrigus is really, really not funny.

I felt that the "humour" of this article can really go too far, like the opinions on Alomomola. It also appears the author doesn't really relate the nature of the Pokemon, like Watchog, where he said that Keen Eye is for watching the Pokeball and Illuminate makes it vulnerable for capture (in a way it's true, but the way it's expressed is a disappointment). Oh, and that opinion on Oshawott!

Yeah, that's not my favourite article either.

Thanks for reading.

That article is...so full of shit.

First off: "Expert" insight...yeah, yet the writer hasn't played the games since 1998/9?

The author should have at least checked out the older generations, or did research before trying to comment on the new. He keeps mixing up Classification with Category, and he doesn't know about basic things like Weather? Calling Chlorophyll a "(non-)ability" is a load of BS.

Oshawott is one of the new starter Pokémon for Black and White, which makes the blatant phallic symbol on its chest an even stranger design choice
What does that guys penis look like? 0.0

Gamemisinformer more like...

Is this commentator trying to be funny, or is he just that stupid?

I dislike anyone who judges a pokemon solely on how it looks, or how "stupid" its name sounds. The first thing that was written in this article is: "Can these pokemon lookalikes hold a candle to Pikachu, Squirtle, Charizard, and the monster with the plant on its back [Bulbasaur]?"

Clearly we were going to have a biased opinion from this article no matter what will be dished out.

I actually laughed a few times at how a professional gaming magazine can type up an article like this.

Oh, and here is my favorite part of the article:

Sure, Sturdy is a lame name for an ability, but it lets Gigalith endure knock out moves even when it only has 1 HP? Rocky ain't got s--- on this Pokémon!

ROFLMAO.

Clearly this guy didn't get the update.

Sturdy does not protect pokemon against knock-out moves anymore. It allows a pokemon with full HP to survive any attack that would normally knock it out (with 1 HP).

Let me tell you, Sturdy is the thing that makes pokemon like Level 1 Aron competitive on Wi-Fi.

Last edited:
Biased article is full of BS. I don't care who you are but you cannot expect people to tkae you seriously if haven't played since the first Generation.

Biased article is full of BS. I don't care who you are but you cannot expect people to tkae you seriously if haven't played since the first Generation.

The fact that he wrote this signifies his ignorance of the franchise:

Apparently Swanna has a Hurricane move, but it's dependent on the weather? I didn't even know Pokémon battles had variable weather conditions.

And that was Generation II xD. To think, he probably got paid for that.

Hmph

:banghead:
OMFG! i hope this guy gets fired!
he's useless, i could do a review 10 times better then his, and i'm 15, and mooreover, English isn't even my Mother Language!
actually, a ten year old could make a better one...

:banghead:
OMFG! i hope this guy gets fired!
he's useless, i could do a review 10 times better then his, and i'm 15, and mooreover, English isn't even my Mother Language!
actually, a ten year old could make a better one...
That person's idea of what a Pokemon category would land him the category of "Stupid" Pokémon in the franchise.

Lol Gen I is the best because it doesn't have dumb categories like "Victory" or "Coffin" instead it has awesome ones like Poison Pin, Atrocious, Transform, New species, and Genetic
Is this commentator trying to be funny, or is he just that stupid?
I was thinking he was trying to be funny but his satire sucks if he is. He just sounds like every other uninformed person who complains about nothing.

Pidove is apparently a cross between a pigeon and a dove, but it looks all pigeon to me

Maybe because its a term interchangeable applied to the same creatures >_>

Last edited:
I think my favorite part is where the guy disses on Mold Breaker... XD

But yeah, the article is pretty stupid. A good laugh if you find stupid people funny though.

That person's idea of what a Pokemon category would land him the category of "Stupid" Pokémon in the franchise.

Lol Gen I is the best because it doesn't have dumb categories like "Victory" or "Coffin" instead it has awesome ones like Poison Pin, Atrocious, Transform, New species, and Genetic

I lol'ed but i think the category, ''Useless Trash'', suits him better XD, i hate how people say Pokémon are getting uglier, IMO, they are getting a lot better, there's a quite interesting comic that i found in the internet, it says: ''Pokémon are not getting uglier, You're just Growing up!".

Hmph

Wow to this Article..
I get Game Informer for "free" with my Gamestop card. I will say when they want to be they can be a good magazine, certainly better than most gaming magazines (though they tend to obsess over COD too much for my tastes, but so does every other gaming outlet besides Nintendo power). I don't know who this author is, They usually have the same woman to review the pokemon stuff and she at least knows what she is talking about. This guy is like showing me the new line of fishing rods coming out this year and telling me to review them. Do I know anything about Fishing? No, I've done it a few times but I basically only know how fishing works at the basic level. I have no idea what makes a fishing pole good or not. Stupid idea to give this guy an article on the new pokemon when he only knows what he remembers from Red and Blue.

That being said I have a couple of opinions on the article. First off he clearly doesn't understand that the "classification" is just flavor text. Which is kind of funny at first, but then just annoying when he critiques every pokemon solely based on that. Is the Tiny needed in Pidove's classification? Yes, its a reference to Pidgeys (Tailow too I think). Secondly he doesn't seem to understand how abilities work. That's understandable as he hasn't played any game since Blue version, but that's hardly an excuse. If you are assigned to write something, do a little research on what you don't understand.. not a hard concept. I did chuckle when he thought Oshawott had a Torrent attack though. He's also clearly 12 years old if he sees the shell on Oshawott's chest and his brain goes to "Phallic symbol!" first. I am also kind of getting sick of these "pokemon aren't creative anymore" remarks. Those people always shoot their mouth off about that but I never see them try and make something better. Cofagrigus is a pretty cool idea if you ask me. Then again I at least can appreciate his design. I almost want to join their site to point out the mistakes he's made, but he probably won't care anyway. Ignorance is bliss.

Last edited:
This guy seriously does not understand the concept of pokemon in the slightest, so why is he making a "expert" review? He made some pretty dumb and ridiculous statements.....

I didnt even read the article, but based on the comments about it, I can assume that this guy is retarded.

I wouldn't even go that far.

GameInformer just happened to select a writer who had absolutely little knowledge of the Pokemon franchise to write an article for said franchise. With little else to go on, this editor is judging the pokemon solely on appearance, English names, and "classification."

That said, I am not surprised. GameInformer is overrated; it is not the "go to for clear and concise information" magazine.

I'm getting crazy fond of Denchura, possibly mostly because my roommate is terrified of my tarantula and I now like to take her out while chanting "electric tarantula electric tarantula electric tarantula" to freak him out. Ha. I'm just glad to get more spider pokemon, though, 'cause I'm weird.

Also Jaroda is sooooooo pretty.

I'm getting crazy fond of Denchura, possibly mostly because my roommate is terrified of my tarantula and I now like to take her out while chanting "electric tarantula electric tarantula electric tarantula" to freak him out. Ha. I'm just glad to get more spider pokemon, though, 'cause I'm weird.

Also Jaroda is sooooooo pretty.

I Agree about Galvantula, and about Serperior
YEEEEEEEEEEES!

This guy seriously does not understand the concept of pokemon in the slightest, so why is he making a "expert" review? He made some pretty dumb and ridiculous statements.....

Man, I know. It wasn't funny unless we're supposed to laugh at his stupidity. It's not that I have problems with people /NOT/ liking Gen V mons, but using the excuse "THEY'RE NOT 1ST GEN!!!11" isn't gonna fly. Urgh.

Back
Top Bottom