• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
N-Zap von Riegan
Reaction score
I thought it seems like a brawl-based move, so it makes some sense. I was actually thinking that it would be something handy to deal with Dragons, because Emboar don't have any specific moves that hits Dragons super-effectively. Maybe Outrage is better on Emboar in that respect because it makes more sense.

Thanks for reading.
Ah, I see what you mean now.

Yeah, I could potentially see Emboar with Outrage. Maybe as an Egg Move?

Not a Power Ranger
Reaction score
Even if it does get Outrage, whic it won't,(why would it?) it can't make good use of it. Being locked into Outrage just isn't worth it if you don't get STAB.

Welcome to the New Age...
Reaction score
I just got done watching the old 1992 Godzilla vs Mothra movie with my mom and noticed something crazy.

I remember ppl saying that Volcarona is somewhat based on Mothra, but is it possible that it's pre-evolution, Larvesta, is somewhat based on Mothra's twin Battra?

Especially since Mothra's larval stage doesn't have any horns, but Battra's does?
Mothra

Battra

MegaEvolutionMegaProfesr!
Reaction score
I just got done watching the old 1992 Godzilla vs Mothra movie with my mom and noticed something crazy.

I remember ppl saying that Volcarona is somewhat based on Mothra, but is it possible that it's pre-evolution, Larvesta, is somewhat based on Mothra's twin Battra?
You wouldn't happen to have Comcast would you? I've seen a whole bunch of ol' Godzilla movies on On Demand. (I haven't watched any as of now, but hey, I might get around to it.)

Anyway, the first spoiler makes me inclined to say yes, but eh.

the future is not written
Reaction score
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Volcarona was based on Battra. The resemblance is quite similar.

Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to have Comcast would you? I've seen a whole bunch of ol' Godzilla movies on On Demand. (I haven't watched any as of now, but hey, I might get around to it.)

Anyway, the first spoiler makes me inclined to say yes, but eh.
nope, not comcast. i was watching it on some on-demand channel on tv (for at&t u-verse)

^^The resemblance is uncanny... without the wings that is.
but ya, it really is amazing how similar they are :3 i almost shot at the tv in amazement when i saw battra, i'm amazed i never thought of it before now.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Volcarona was based on Battra. The resemblance is quite similar.
don't you mean Larvesta? Volcarona seems to be pretty on par with Mothra though, as well as taking similar color schemes for Larvesta but using Battra's horn ornaments.

the future is not written
Reaction score
don't you mean Larvesta? Volcarona seems to be pretty on par with Mothra though, as well as taking similar color schemes for Larvesta but using Battra's horn ornaments.
asdfkjhalwerih I meant Larvesta, derp.
Although seeing that the two of them being based on something cool like that makes me have a lot more respect for the two of them. That combined with the fact that the two of them are one of the few usable bug-types...

Reaction score
asdfkjhalwerih I meant Larvesta, derp.
Although seeing that the two of them being based on something cool like that makes me have a lot more respect for the two of them. That combined with the fact that the two of them are one of the few usable bug-types...
xD i figured it was a goof :p
i whole-heartedly agree with you on both those points :)

Not to mention their long gestation/level up from larva to adult. it mirrors the cycle mothra/battra take (in terms on how long it takes for them to change and grow).

Reaction score
Even if it does get Outrage, whic it won't,(why would it?) it can't make good use of it. Being locked into Outrage just isn't worth it if you don't get STAB.
Well Emboar does seem very Outragey, plus Boars are commonly depicted rampaging, so maybe that could be the connection?

Not a Power Ranger
Reaction score
Well Emboar does seem very Outragey, plus Boars are commonly depicted rampaging, so maybe that could be the connection?
It really doesn't matter if Emboar gets Outrage or not. Its just too damn risky and not worth it since it doesn't get STAB

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Plus Emboar's too slow to even use Outrage the second/third time for he'll be already defeated by then.