• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M Block

Reaction score
Talk about all the confirmed new pokemon here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Gen V Grass Starter

I think a koala would be neat, and could eventually evolve into a giant ground sloth.

A bird. Something green and red and tropical. It'd have to be tall and ratite-like, but should be able to fly, imo. Although Fire and Water already had flightless birds, so maybe something like a moa would be cool.

If not a bird, I'd like to see a tree kangaroo that ends up as a red kangaroo in the end. Grass/Fighting. Kinda sick of Fighting starters, though.

Who knows. Maybe it'll be a Hyundai Sonata.

I think we could've lived without another starter topic, let alone any of them when we've got the idea threads (and even a starter thread already if I'm not mistaken).

Going by past trends, the grass starter will be a reptile and the final evolution will be some sort of dinosaur.

possoms are ugly, no.

Going by past trends, the grass starter will be a reptile and the final evolution will be some sort of dinosaur.

A bird. Something green and red and tropical. It'd have to be tall and ratite-like, but should be able to fly, imo. Although Fire and Water already had flightless birds, so maybe something like a moa would be cool.

If not a bird, I'd like to see a tree kangaroo that ends up as a red kangaroo in the end. Grass/Fighting. Kinda sick of Fighting starters, though.

Actually (it may just be a fan Connection) but in the Previous Two Generations we have had a Bird as a Starter.
A Fire Bird=Torchic,(based partly on a Chicken),
A Water Bird=Piplup(based partly on a Penguin),
If there is a Connection then we should be getting a Grass Type Bird Starter, the Common Consensus is if we get one it will probably be a Peacock.

Shouldn't this all be in... one topic on the Gen V starters in general?

Actually (it may just be a fan Connection) but in the Previous Two Generations we have had a Bird as a Starter.
A Fire Bird=Torchic,(based partly on a Chicken),
A Water Bird=Piplup(based partly on a Penguin),
If there is a Connection then we should be getting a Grass Type Bird Starter, the Common Consensus is if we get one it will probably be a Peacock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyvern
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockatrice

Winged Lizard. It can be both. I'd prefer a Cockatrice Pokémon though, as we already have Aerodactyl, which is based on the pterosaurs (basically Wyverns. Grass/Flying ftw

A Triceratops pokémon.

please no more reptilian grass starters DX not that i didn't like some of them like turtwig, I just don't like reptiles, but like grass pokemon

i like the idea of a bird one

They should have a Grass/Bug starter.

Like a grasshopper or a locust. Those things are cool. 8]

Well whatever it is, I sure hope it looks cooler than Turtwig.

I hope for another lizard based Pokémon (like the Sceptile-line), or... I dunno, something cute.

I say the final form would look like
Nyarlathotep.jpg
except the tentacles are roots/vines

Seriously, a shambling mound grass type could be cool.

I'm kinda hoping for a flightless bird (peacock ftw) that evolves into a bird/reptile hybrid. That way, they can follow both the "flightless bird" trend and the "Grass starter=reptile" trend. Plus, a Grass type wyvern or something would just be epic.

If not that, then I kind of want a triceratops (Grass/Rock or Grass/Steel) and it could be a very defensive Pokemon

Or maybe a T-Rex Grass type that focuses on physical offense (Sceptile already focuses on Special Attack, this could be a physical counterpart). If this happens, I want it to be pure Grass specifically to show it as a counterpoint to Sceptile

I say the final form would look like
Nyarlathotep.jpg
except the tentacles are roots/vines

Seriously, a shambling mound grass type could be cool.

That actually reminds me of Tangrowth :T

I would like to see a Kiwi or Peacock. Maybe a Kiwi for the starter and the Peacock for the last evolution.

I will jump on the flightless bird bandwagon. I would love to see a peacock or flamingo (especially after watching Alice In Wonderland on the weekend) for the Gen V grass starter. So yeah a grass type flamingo would be pretty epic, but hard to do right!

Remember:
Dodrio appears to have more in common with ostriches, Kiwi birds, emus, cassowaries than dodos.
So they might opt not to do one given that they already have one (yes I know we have multiple dogs and so on).

I think speculation on a matter such as this is a little silly, but I do know that I'd like a mammalian grass starter.
More mammalian grass pokemon in general actually.

Back
Top Bottom