• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Gen V Starter Discussion

I don't know about eyes or whatever, but it seems to clearly show it having hooves... making it more likely a pig than a Rabbit.

Looks like I missed the epic hissyfit. Dang.

I drew this up for what I thought the outlines made.

[image snipped]

the left is a Leaf Duck... I'll call it Mapallard (Maple Mallard)...
the middle is a pig... water type. "Hogond" (Hog Pond).
And the right is a fire type Red Panda/Raccoon/Tanuki. "Burnuki" (Burn Tanooki)

...I suddenly have the urge to take a Mapallard home with me. Oh, it's just so cute!

Wait a sec. *checks back a few pages*

I wanna take one of those home with me too!

the left is a Leaf Duck... I'll call it Mapallard (Maple Mallard)...

Nah, pretty sure thats a hand, not a duck bill

Anyone else notice this (I posted on pokemon Sunday thread) I fiddeled with the levels of the sunday image and saw this, the top middle one, you can see the eye and mouth, I don't think I am just seeing things:
starterl.png

We will know if this eye and mouth in this image is right or not when its revealed, but it seems pretty clear to me. I am not going to go the whole Zororak thing and guess what it actually looks like, just going by what I see here.

Umm, no. The silhouettes aren't just darkened, they're completely blacked out. What you think you're seeing is just noise in the video. We saw people doing the exact same thing with Zoroark, and it ended up meaning nothing.

I don't know about eyes or whatever, but it seems to clearly show it having hooves... making it more likely a pig than a Rabbit.

Its manbearpig

Umm, no. The silhouettes aren't just darkened, they're completely blacked out. What you think you're seeing are just random variations in the color of the poor-quality video. The high-quality videos and screenshots show nothing but black.

Well isn't it odd that it looks like an eye in the excat place an eye should be? Do you have a link to a HQ image? We will see who is right soon enough after they are revealed.

Oh ok, I'll wait and see and no sense going into this too much

The one on the left has a chance of being any of the three types. Its tail could either be fire, a maple leaf, or a tail fin. I think I'm going with the fin, so we can have a Water Starter that is actually ugly (besides Totodile), instead of it always being the Grass Starter (most of the time, the largest starter is the ugliest one)

what? you think the big point on top is a hand? what is it Heil'ing something?

Some pokemon have hands that shape or similar, I can't recall which though (possibly fairy pokemon like jigglypuff or chansey) Also its hand is being hidden by its tail, it will be clearer when its revealed but I am 99% sure this is what it is and its mouth is just a tad higher up than where the tpo of its hand is near.

Still think the top one is grass type (the "ears" are leaves like turtwig has and its pig based) But I don't know if there is going to be another water beaver for right one, could be a platypus without a bill or we can't see its bill, dunno...maybe it will evolve into one?

Last edited:

Well isn't it odd that it looks like an eye in the excat place an eye should be? Do you have a link to a HQ image? We will see who is right soon enough after they are revealed.

It's not odd, because that's where it looks to almost everyone that an eye should be, so we want to see an eye there. It's just how our brains work. There's areas down on the silhouette's "main body" that looks nearly the same as the "eye", but because you don't except to see an eye there, you don't.

2ezll5u.jpg

I don't know about you but I can clearly make out some eyes.

Anyone else notice this (I posted on pokemon Sunday thread) I fiddeled with the levels of the sunday image and saw this, the top middle one, you can see the eye and mouth, I don't think I am just seeing things:

starterl.png

We will know if this eye and mouth in this image is right or not when its revealed, but it seems pretty clear to me. I am not going to go the whole Zororak thing and guess what it actually looks like, just going by what I see here.

Like I said in the other thread, I can't make out any details on this one other than a line between the ears. The other two I can make out eyes and such:

2mw5sat.jpg

That's what I thought at first, but then we'd have another Turtwig and Charmander.

Well, we already have two Blazikens, two Buterfrees and lots of Pidgey and Ratatta, just to name a few. Actually, I'm getting used to the "fire starter has fire on its tail" thing as a staple.

I really hope the top one isn't a pig... Bottom right one looks like a short-horned platypus.

I know these are only their silhouettes, but... they don't look promising (to me, at least).

lol, I honestly didn't see the eye or the mouth... It's all just Apophenia.

Please, don't start this again.
I would just like to point out that this EXACT thing happened with Zoroark's silhouette and everyone was looking for stuff that wasn't there. Your eyes end up playing tricks on you.

I see

little flygon

fat sunflora

turtwig with curly tail

Please, don't start this again.
I would just like to point out that this EXACT thing happened with Zoroark's silhouette and everyone was looking for stuff that wasn't there. Your eyes end up playing tricks on you.
I remember one that was 80% correct, but the colors were off and there was no bead in the hair

Back
Top Bottom