• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Confirmed New Pokémon Discussion

Whooping-Crane_Larry-Ditto_70K3633.jpg

Mr. Whooping Crane begs to differ.

Okay How did it go from croc to bird again?Or is it perhaps I have proven appoint -.-.

Okay How did it go from croc to bird again?Or is it perhaps I have proven appoint -.-.
If you would have looked at my message, I was quoting Venator who said the reason you were giving Miruhoggu and Meguroko as an example, was because they were brown, which goes better with a Marsh Terrain. This is not the case, which is why I provided a picture of a Whooping Crane who lives in that particular environment. No you haven't proven appoint, I have.

Is Swanna a Whooping Crane?

No, it's a Swan.

If you would have looked at my message, I was quoting Venator who said the reason you were giving Miruhoggu and Meguroko as an example, was because they were brown, which goes better with a Marsh Terrain. This is not the case, which is why I provided a picture of a Whooping Crane who lives in that particular environment. No you haven't proven appoint, I have.

K I guess your happy now good for you.Now lets move back to the topic.yannapu is perfect dento no?

Swana seems to fit in pond/lake areas.

Meguroko seems to fit in the desert, clearly. Vibrava is based on a dragonfly, but yet, it's in the desert, not in lakes, creeks, etc.

Miruhoggu seems to inhabit in tall grasses, as evidenced in the one video that was shown earlier this month. But it may inhabit more places, like lower grasses.

Is Swanna a Whooping Crane?

No, it's a Swan.
Correct, they're both different species. I was trying to prove that not only brown animals live in Marshes, thus showing an image of a Whooping Crane. But now that I researched it a bit more, the Trumpeter Swan, which Swanna appears to be based off of, do in fact live in a Wetland habitat, as well as lakes. Read this.
Trumpeter swans live in wetland areas near rivers, lakes, ponds, and marshes, open wooded habitats, and prairie regions.

K I guess your happy now good for you.
Yes, because winning a debate over the internet makes me all giddy inside. It's what I live for.

Correct, they're both different species. I was trying to prove that not only brown animals live in Marshes, thus showing an image of a Whooping Crane. But now that I researched it a bit more, the Trumpeter Swan, which Swanna appears to be based off of
I would like to disagree with you here as the Mute Swan has more similarites to Swanna than the Trumpeter Swan

, do in fact live in a Wetland habitat, as well as lakes. Read this.
True, true. But other than both Swanna and the Trumpeter Swan both being fully white swans, that's where their similarities stop. Notice the beaks? The Trumpeter has a thick, full black beak and Swanna has a thin beak that;s mostly orange with some black at the base. Much like the Mute Swan. Which just so happens to migrate over eastern Asia into Japan.

Also, a fun fact from the same Wikipedia page:
The fairy tale The Ugly Duckling by Hans Christian Andersen tells the story of a cygnet ostracised by his fellow barnyard fowl because of his perceived homeliness. To his delight (and to the surprise of others), he matures into a graceful swan, the most beautiful bird of all.

I would like to disagree with you here as the Mute Swan has more similarites to Swanna than the Trumpeter Swan

True, true. But other than both Swanna and the Trumpeter Swan both being fully white swans, that's where their similarities stop. Notice the beaks? The Trumpeter has a thick, full black beak and Swanna has a thin beak that;s mostly orange with some black at the base. Much like the Mute Swan. Which just so happens to migrate over eastern Asia into Japan.

Also, a fun fact from the same Wikipedia page:
The fairy tale The Ugly Duckling by Hans Christian Andersen tells the story of a cygnet ostracised by his fellow barnyard fowl because of his perceived homeliness. To his delight (and to the surprise of others), he matures into a graceful swan, the most beautiful bird of all.

For all we could know, Swana might not be based on a specific swan.
It could be a collection of different species of swan. Who cares what kind of swan it is, at least we know what kind of bird it is? :D

Yeah, just like Drowzee and Musharna aren't based off of the Malayan Tapir. Someone eventually has to figure out where GameFreak got the inspiration to create Swanna. The Mute Swan sounds like a perfect example.

It could be either species, yes the Mute Swan's beak resembles Swanna more. Trumpeter Swans on the other hand resemble Swana's body and wings more than the Mute Swan. Also I beg to differ about the habitat, yet again; the Mute Swan does in fact inhabit ponds and lakes, but it also inhabits Bogs, which are basically Marshes.
Prefers shallow coastal ponds, estuaries, ponds, bogs, and streams flowing into lakes.
Also, here's a Mute Swan in a Bog.
Mute%20Swan.02%2007%202009.%20.jpg

It could be either species, yes the Mute Swan's beak resembles Swanna more. Trumpeter Swans on the other hand resemble Swana's body and wings more than the Mute Swan. Also I beg to differ about the habitat, yet again; the Mute Swan does in fact inhabit ponds and lakes, but it also inhabits Bogs, which are basically Marshes.

Also, here's a Mute Swan in a Bog.
Mute%20Swan.02%2007%202009.%20.jpg

Based on my limited knowledge, don't all swans inhabit ponds, lakes, marshes/bogs? It's silly to use that for your argument.

Based on my limited knowledge, don't all swans inhabit ponds, lakes, marshes/bogs? It's silly to use that for your argument.
Yes they do, that's why I previously said that a Bog/Marsh would be a reasonable habitat for Swanna. Because that's an area that Swans inhabit, along with Lakes and Ponds.

I'll agree to that.

But both a Trumpeter and Mute have about the same build.

I'll agree to that.

But both a Trumpeter and Mute have about the same build.
Yeah they pretty much do, but if you compare their wings side by side, the Trumpeter has a slight curvature to its wings, same as Swana.
TrumpetersFlapping2450.jpg
mute-swan-21051.jpg
But I guess it could also just be that one was landing, and one was taking off.

Yeah, it's the fact that one's landing and the others taking off. Google image search "landing mute swan".

Yeah, it's the fact that one's landing and the others taking off. Google image search "landing mute swan".
I stand corrected xD Anyway, I guess we finally reached a conclusion. A Marsh is a reasonable terrain for Swanna to live in, and they are most likely based off of the Mute Swan.

No. Swine Flu.

YES. I'm imagining a fat, grown up Pokabu that looks incredibly sleep-deprived, massive bags under its eyes, purple bruises all over, and an overall "kill me" expression. LOL.

Yeah, just like Drowzee and Musharna aren't based off of the Malayan Tapir. Someone eventually has to figure out where GameFreak got the inspiration to create Swanna. The Mute Swan sounds like a perfect example.

I don't mean to start another mini argument. But I believe Munna and Musharna are incense burners. Drowzee could be a Malayan Tapir for all I know, I just read on Bulbapedia that Munna and Musharna look like incense burners, where Munna isn't lit (she shows what the burner looked like before lit); and Musharna shows a lit one, smoke coming off the "wick" her face looks like melted wax, and the rest of her body is what the burner looks like.

YES. I'm imagining a fat, grown up Pokabu that looks incredibly sleep-deprived, massive bags under its eyes, purple bruises all over, and an overall "kill me" expression. LOL.

Super LOL.

Back
Top Bottom