• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Confirmed New Pokémon Discussion

Awwww, gosh damn it. The one time I go on holiday and a new pokemon is revealed. I guess that'll teach me to holiday during the run-up to a new Gen.

I don't know what anyone else has been saying about it since I've been gone over the last ten days but personally, I liked Yanappu (sp?) ever since I laid eyes on it. Aside from the fact that Grass Monkey was not something that many people would've expected, it's simplistic yet creative design is to me (at least a part of) the thing that makes a pokemon look like a pokemon. But that's just me.

Coincidentally, now that we have four moneky pokemon families, each of a different element (Fighting/Mankey, Normal/Aipom, Fire/Chimchar, Grass/Yanappu) I'm also hoping that GF decide to make more one for each element?

I don't mean to start another mini argument. But I believe Munna and Musharna are incense burners. Drowzee could be a Malayan Tapir for all I know, I just read on Bulbapedia that Munna and Musharna look like incense burners, where Munna isn't lit (she shows what the burner looked like before lit); and Musharna shows a lit one, smoke coming off the "wick" her face looks like melted wax, and the rest of her body is what the burner looks like.
Give it up. It's a lot cause in this case.

Coincidentally, now that we have four moneky pokemon families, each of a different element (Fighting/Mankey, Normal/Aipom, Fire/Chimchar, Grass/Yanappu) I'm also hoping that GF decide to make more one for each element?

I'm confused to whether hihidaruma should be added to the group. Most people say it is. It shares characteristics with an ape ofcourse, but It's based on a daruma doll.

I don't mean to start another mini argument. But I believe Munna and Musharna are incense burners. Drowzee could be a Malayan Tapir for all I know, I just read on Bulbapedia that Munna and Musharna look like incense burners, where Munna isn't lit (she shows what the burner looked like before lit); and Musharna shows a lit one, smoke coming off the "wick" her face looks like melted wax, and the rest of her body is what the burner looks like.
Musharna.png

malayan_tapir_2.jpg

Design-wise, Musharna and Drowzee both draw the same pattern from the Malayan Tapir. From whatever else inspired Musharna, I do not care.

I'm confused to whether hihidaruma should be added to the group. Most people say it is. It shares characteristics with an ape ofcourse, but It's based on a daruma doll.

I think Hihi = baboon.
So it is a baboon AND a daruma doll

Design-wise, Musharna and Drowzee both draw the same pattern from the Malayan Tapir. From whatever else inspired Musharna, I do not care.

I always thought it was an incense burner, but this makes more sense.

And the Munna to Musharna pattern change is explained by what happens to a Malayan Tapir as it matures!

malayan_tapir.jpg

malayan_tapir_2.jpg

And the Munna to Musharna pattern change is explained by what happens to a Malayan Tapir as it matures!

malayan_tapir.jpg

malayan_tapir_2.jpg

U.U I think i have lost my appetite after seeing this Tapir.Hence the reason I hate muuna and Musharnaa

malayan_tapir.jpg

malayan_tapir_2.jpg

You do make a good point. I still think that it's at least partly incense burner. So maybe it's an incense burner tapir? Idk.

U.U I think i have lost my appetite after seeing this Tapir.Hence the reason I hate muuna and Musharnaa
Why'd you lose your appetite from pictures of real animals? o.o

They are real animals from Southeast Asia. And they are cute. And they are proof.

Why'd you lose your appetite from pictures of real animals? o.o

They are real animals from Southeast Asia. And they are cute. And they are proof.

Sure.......You have a different tastes in real life animals than I.:rolleyes:

We're back on the Munna Tapir thing? Oh joy.

I'm going to say it's both and just roll with it.

We're back on the Munna Tapir thing? Oh joy.

I'm going to say it's both and just roll with it.
Ryuu, it's not like I'm claiming Drowzee and Musharna are related - .- But you can't deny that Musharna has a similar pattern to the Malayan Tapir.

Unless you have a better explanation for its pattern. In which case, I'll gladly read it.

NOT ITS BASIS. That's up for debate because there's a lot of theories. Only its pattern.

Sorry, don't see the connection between Musharna and an extinct form of Elephant. They look alike but the one you show has no pattern.

Sorry, don't see the connection between Musharna and an extinct form of Elephant.

Musharnna actually.The body style is identical both have similar trunks.Both seem ancient.Incense burning being an old Asian ritual and proboscidean being and extint slash ancient Animal and relative of both Tapir and Elephant.

Back
Top Bottom