• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Confirmed New Pokémon Discussion

Doreida > Erufuun

Baggy Pants Plant > Overgrown Puffy Plant

White > Black

^^My opinion.

..Really though, Erufuun has a decent moveset with Grass and Flying moves, but I don't like it's stats as much as Doreida's. Design-wise, I like them both.

Erufuuns stats are quite dissappointing bar speed but that's usually the case when I find new faves...bah!

I don't care for Doreida at all really, it's just another Bellossom/Roselia to me.

It's the cutest pokemon in this generation (sorry Zorua you've been replaced)

It is definately cute but Im not sure if it's cuter than baby Wargle, snotty polar bear and even Pokabu!

Once more, do Black and White have the same Pokedex entries? I've only seen these ones. Pokebeach states these are from White, but the ones Serebii has up (which seem to have a better translation) he doesn't mention them being from any version specifically. :/

Dissapoint! Also, do we have species names yet?

Also...

: Since it can’t see, it finds its way by tackling and biting its surroundings. It’s always covered in fresh bruises

Monose is like the cutest pseudo because of this. Give the poor thing a haricut! :0

Kind of off-topic, but (not trying to be a downer here) I thought that was from the original Hercules movie and then was put into the games? Anyways, I thought of Phil and Hercules/Sora when I heard that quote, the Hydra was annoying in the first game :/.
it probably was from hercules, but i haven't seen that movie in so long. but yeah, the hydra was pretty annoying.

Forme Change will fix that.
that's what i was thinking. the ice dragon is definitely getting a form change. it'll be this gen's giratina.
my thought is that it's going to get a form that's supposed to be that first pokemon that reshi and zekky divided from.
AND THEY FLY
that's awesome, isn't it! ghost/ground golems that defy gravity. awesomeness

While in BW, we don't seem to have the original form of the uncyberized Genosect.
the original was a fossilized deoxys

as much as i love my new candle ghost/fire class, their pokedex entrees are freaking scary.

* Hitomoshi 607: While appearing to shed light and serve as a guidepost, it sucks out creatures’ lifeforce.
* Lamplar 608: It appears before those on their deathbeds, severs the soul from the body, and immediately sucks it up.
* Chandelar 609: If something is wrapped in Chandela’s flame, its souls is sucked out and immolated. Only the cast off body remains.

holy crap!

Once more, do Black and White have the same Pokedex entries? I've only seen these ones. Pokebeach states these are from White, but the ones Serebii has up (which seem to have a better translation) he doesn't mention them being from any version specifically. :/

Dissapoint! Also, do we have species names yet?

Also...

Monose is like the cutest pseudo because of this. Give the poor thing a haricut! :0

I'm pretty sure Serebii is playing black

Well, if the Dex Entries Serebii put up were from Black, that proves my worry. :p

Anyway, is it me, or are the Dex Entries a bit more...well, less exaggerated this time? I don't see any crazy numbers being thrown around this time.

Well, if the Dex Entries Serebii put up were from Black, that proves my worry. :p

Anyway, is it me, or are the Dex Entries a bit more...well, less exaggerated this time? I don't see any crazy numbers being thrown around this time.

He's playing black for sure. He states "In Pokemon Black, N Manages to take control of Zekrom"

It would suck to get the same pokedex entry in both games. Pokedex entrys can be pretty interesting, like Metagross' Sapphire entry.

Speaking of Serebii's Dex Entries, they are obviously the same Dex Entry in basis, but his and Pokebeach's have quite a few little differences. Who to trust? :0

Like, for Ishizumai, the hermit crab, Pokebeach's says it hides in a rock, while Serebii's (translated by Sabonea_Masukippa) says it hides in a shell.

Are Victini, Melodia, and Genosect the only event Pokemon? (Excluding Zorua and Zoroark, of course.)

Or are there more?

Last edited:

He's playing black for sure. He states "In Pokemon Black, N Manages to take control of Zekrom"

It would suck to get the same pokedex entry in both games. Pokedex entrys can be pretty interesting, like Metagross' Sapphire entry.
Which is ironic since they've been highlighting the difference between the two.

Pretty sure the guys in the martial arts outfit are the spiritual successors, Dageki and Nageki, considering that like Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee, they are related yet different species of Pokemon, unlike Kojondo which is just a single family.

Nageki and Dageki also have different fighting styles with Nageki's dex entry alluding to grappling techniques and Dageki alluding to punches. Kojondo itself just fuses two styles in its name. Then there's also the fact that like the Hitmon guys, Nageki and Dageki are an all-male fighting species.

Then there's also the stats

Nageki:
120/100/85/30/85/45

Dageki:
75/125/75/30/75/85

Now while both are offensively biased like the Hitmons, one of them also chooses to be more defensively oriented while the other is more offensive like Hitmonchan (defense) and Hitmonlee (attack). Sucks for the offensive one that its speed compared to past generation's speed tiers are still low.

The defensive one also gets Guts, which, honestly is way better than Sturdy and makes up for its slightly weaker attack.

I stand corrected. Good eye, especially on the gender part.

Also, anyone find it funny that Gengar and Chandellar would make a perfect team going by their dex entries? Gengar uses it's shadow to suck out souls, and Chandellar can cast light, therefore creating more shadows for a soul-sucking deathfest.

So apparently Urgamoth's pre-evolution is also available through an in-game event. According to Serebii, you get it from an egg at route 18, too bad that's the last route and I think is post-E4 stuff again :/

Even if its not, its so late in the game that training the baby Urgamoth isn't worth it for the Elite 4.

I like how the Fire moth's pre-evolution looks like Arceus's head, I thought that was somewhat amusing for some reason.

I like how the Fire moth's pre-evolution looks like Arceus's head, I thought that was somewhat amusing for some reason.

i thought i was the only one who saw that. but it does look like arceus' head, doesn't it.

I was gonna make a new topic, but I was told to post this here.

What do you think are the egymologies of all the new pokemon? My speculations for the ones that aren't listed on Bulbapedia:

Jaroda = ja (snake) + lord
Marakacchi = maracas + ??? (corruption of cactus?)
Ishizumai = ishi (rock) + ???
Iwaparesu = iwa (stone) + ??? (corruption of parasite?)
Desumasu = death + mask
Baibanira = bi (two) + vanilla
Gobitto = golem + ???
Goruggo = golem + ???

Iwaparesu = Iwapalace.

That makes sense.

What is the "pucchi" in Banipucchi's name then?

Back
Top Bottom