• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like Reshiram and Zekrom's third form is being contained in a God stone.

You guys know how Rankurusu and its pre-evolutions are based on cells, right? Well, it occurred to me that each evolutionary stage is actually based on a different phase of cell mitosis. This is supported by the middle evolution Daburan being called the Splitting Pokemon, or even the Mitosis Pokemon.

Yuniran is based off the interphase, where organelles, DNA, etc are duplicated for division. Interphase is not actually considered part of Mitosis, although it is much longer. This would explain why it evolves at the late level of 32. I think the yellow thing attached to the nucleus is supposed to represent something, although Im not sure what.

Before cells divide, Im pretty sure they make more cytoplasm, which causes them to expand. Daburan does look bloated compared to the rest of its evolutionary family, so this is likely what happened.

Rankurusu is when the cell actually starts to divide. Centrioles move to opposite sides of the cell, creating spindle fibers. Rankurusus arms likely represent the centrioles and spindle fibers. The nuclear membrane dissolves, and the spindle fibers pull the genetic material to opposite sides. The cell nearly pulls itself apart, and pinches itself in two. Rankurusu never actually loses its nuclear membrane and it never completely splits into two cells, but it kinda looks like its trying to.
Also, notice how Daburon has one ear-thingy, and Rankurusu has two. This seems to be referencing how everything Rankurusu has got divided in two.

Along with these physical similarities, Rankurusu also displays abilities that cells have. For example, it learns Explosion, which could represent apoptosis, which is basically a cell intentionally blowing itself up.

Sorry if a lot of you guys thought this was obvious, I just wanted to point it out for people that hadnt thought of it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford
Hey guys, Sugimori Art!

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8303/corocoro1.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8216/corocoro2.jpg
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1049/corocoro3.jpg

Has Zuruggu, Leopardas, Harderrier, Kumashun, Chillachino, and Hatopoo.

Those artwork look legit enough and nonetheless, the artwork is great! I especially like Chillachino's one (seems pretty cool - though this might be obvious coming from a user who has its pre evo as a user name).

The cells are also based on the Medeivil concept of the Homonculus- basically their understanding of sperm cells. Rankurusu's name even seems to contain a version of the word homonculus.

I've got a topic about Pokemon origins on another forum- mind if I copy/paste your post there? I'll give you credit, of course.

Wait, so there are references to sperm in my favourite pokemons concept?
I am disturbed.

I am disturbed.

shouldnt that make it even more awesome? :p

Rurr,i cant wait for the rest of the art and us finding out what the origins of the newer pokemon are

The post about the Rankurusu family has already gone up, and can be seen here SuperSeaking said the stuff about them being cells better than I ever could.

And before anyone says this should I been a PM, I tried to send it via PM. Don't have enough posts yet, though.

I am disturbed.
alchemists believed that there were already tiny formed fetuses in sperm cells. Atleast that's what I remember reading from an encyclopedia.

So are they going to make a egg pokemon so they can breed?

And anyone find it funny that Rankurusu, even though people are saying its based off of sperm, can be female.

So are they going to make a egg pokemon so they can breed?

And anyone find it funny that Rankurusu, even though people are saying its based off of sperm, can be female.

Um...no.

I don't think Ranculus has much to do with sperm as it does just regular cells .__. *Loves Ranculus so might be biased /D*

Ranculus doesn't have anything to do with sperm, yuniran is even known as the cell pokemon.

Cells and Sperm aren't exactly the same thing you know... Plus does anyone really think that gamefreak would base a pokemon off sperm?

Ranculus doesn't have anything to do with sperm, yuniran is even known as the cell pokemon.

Cells and Sperm aren't exactly the same thing you know... Plus does anyone really think that gamefreak would base a pokemon off sperm?

Which is why it has little to do with sperm beyond the Homonculus connection in it's name

They arent, though a sperm is a kind of cell
As stated earlier, it was because people thought that the embryo or fetus was already in the sperm cell. although i've heard ,too, that people used to think women are born with fetuses in them,and it takes the man's semen to wake them up or something.

I don't think GF would care, theyve made a pokemon based off of a fetus, with its tail as a faux umbilical cord and the bubble it's in as the amniotic sac. And then there's Cloyster, which has a freakish connection as being a female's genitalia. Was even lulzier when this couple in HG/SS had a cloyster and an onix x3

GF can hide anything in the games, none of those pokemon look exactly like what I said, but can be viewed as such if you look just under the surface.

I don't think GF would care, theyve made a pokemon based off of a fetus, with its tail as a faux umbilical cord and the bubble it's in as the amniotic sac.

What pokemon are u talking about?

Mew.

So has it been proven that there's an increased chance of finding shinies? *is ridiculously hopeful*

REALLY?! WTF!

On a side note, where is all the news for the english version. I haven't heard or seen any news from them since when they first brought up the Pokemon Black and White version site.

Mew.

So has it been proven that there's an increased chance of finding shinies? *is ridiculously hopeful*

I'm fairly sure that it has been proven false. I can vouch slightly; I have fought roughly 1,000 Pokémon, with no shiny.

REALLY?! WTF!

On a side note, where is all the news for the english version. I haven't heard or seen any news from them since when they first brought up the Pokemon Black and White version site.

It doesn't exist yet obviously.

Back
Top Bottom