• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well EXP looks like it is very easy to get in this game. Tabunne seems very easy to encounter and you get a lucky egg. My only problem with Wargle is that he is in the "slow" experience group. The group that has 1,250,000 at level 100. They take so long to level up if you don't have a lucky egg.

Steel Wing is alright. It doesn't do anything to combat Steel pokemon. Hitting Ice types is almost irrelevant because you don't fight them often. The sekka city gym doesn't count either. I honestly should just accept that Staraptor is gone now and have to work with what is available in the isshu region.

To be honest I feel like Gamefreak is trolling us really hard this generation.

I suppose Aianto getting Truant for it's Dream World Ability would lead alot of people to thinking this, eh?

On the topic of Steel types, you almost never fight any, and Zuruggu/Zuruzukin or Nageki/Dageki are more than enough to smash through any you have to fight.

I suppose Aianto getting Truant for it's Dream World Ability would lead alot of people to thinking this, eh?

On the topic of Steel types, you almost never fight any, and Zuruggu/Zuruzukin or Nageki/Dageki are more than enough to smash through any you have to fight.

It's not just Aianto getting truant as his dream world ability. What about Delibird getting insomnia as his DW ability? It's the same thing as vital spirit. How about the absurdly high levels required for evolution in this game?

Why does a Pokemon that evolves only once need to reach a ridiculously high level such as 50 to evolve? That makes pokemon a pain in the ass to raise because they are weak for a very long time. Being at the very first stage makes getting KO's a challenge unless you have the type advantage. Although a few pokemon like Aaken and Washibon have decent stats in their unevolved form.

I generally let Gamefreak slide with their bullshit and suck it up. But the high evolution requirements are probably my least favorite thing about B/W. I kind of have a strong desire to assault the people who thought it was a good idea. However, I realize it's just a game.

You gotta admit though, most of the time when you catch a pokemon, it's only 10 - 15 or so more levels until it evolves. It's only seriously bad with eggs.

Yaknow, like the Meraruba you get on Route 18. The one that evolves at LEVEL 59.

Aianto can use Truant as an advantage thanks to the move Befriend. Admittedly a fairly gimmicky combination but pretty annoying overall.

Aianto can use Truant as an advantage thanks to the move Befriend. Admittedly a fairly gimmicky combination but pretty annoying overall.

personally i think a truant aiant is too much fuss to bother with

How does Gear get hurt by ground type moves when it's constantly floating in the air?

It doesn't even learn magnet rise wtf?

How does Gear get hurt by ground type moves when it's constantly floating in the air?

Because they don't have levitate. Though not having magnet rise seems weird, but it's not a mostly Electric Pokemon anyway.

Same could be said for Yuniran, Munna, Yanipeti, Riguree, Hitomoshi, and Meraruba (more notably Ulgamoth) evolution lines.

Not this first time this all happened though *coughvenomothandmagnemitecough*.

Last edited:
metagross should have had levitate as a DW ability. who in their right mind is going to use light metal over clear body.

Light metal has to advantage of weakening moves like Low Kick and Grass Knot, but thats not enough to justify usage.

Speaking of Grass Knot, there are a lot of Gen V Pokemon that learn Grass knot, more so then any of the other Generations. I understand its a very distributed move, but my lord...

metagross should have had levitate as a DW ability. who in their right mind is going to use light metal over clear body.

You should be asking, who's going to want to fight a Metagross with Levitate?
GameFreak gave a couple of really awesome Pokemon sub-par Dream World abilities. It's to keep them from being broken.
Besides, why would Metagross have levitate? It's rarely ever shown levitating.

Two words: Magnet Rise.
Again, Metagross is never seen levitating in the games. Its sprite is flat on the ground so that wouldn't work either.

Besides, why would Metagross have levitate? It's rarely ever shown levitating.
Levitating 'gross would only leave it with one weakness (fire).

Two words: Magnet Rise.
Again, Metagross is never seen levitating in the games. Its sprite is flat on the ground so that wouldn't work either.
A handful of flying pokemon sprites are also flat on the ground.

And then you got Gengar despite having levitate, is almost always on the ground.

I generally let Gamefreak slide with their bullshit and suck it up. But the high evolution requirements are probably my least favorite thing about B/W. I kind of have a strong desire to assault the people who thought it was a good idea. However, I realize it's just a game.

It' so easy to get the EXP Points needed to trigger evolution on your Pokémon with the new Experience formula: my Monozu went from Lv. 1 to 35 with just battling the upgraded Elite Four once and holding a Exp. Share. With a combination of battling wild Tabunne (I was trying to catch Metagross, Crobat and Mamoswine in the Giant Hall), Cheren, Morimoto, the Black City trainers and Cynthia in just one day, it rapidly evolved to Jihead and later Sazandra, so the new high levels for some Pokémon are easy understandable and justified.

New experience system? Never heard of it. Could someone explain it more, or give a link to something that could?

This has been brought up three times...its getting kinda annoying.

Light metal has to advantage of weakening moves like Low Kick and Grass Knot, but thats not enough to justify usage.

Even if Metagross had its weight halved he would still be well over the target weight for Grass Knots max power.

It' so easy to get the EXP Points needed to trigger evolution on your Pokémon with the new Experience formula: my Monozu went from Lv. 1 to 35 with just battling the upgraded Elite Four once and holding a Exp. Share. With a combination of battling wild Tabunne (I was trying to catch Metagross, Crobat and Mamoswine in the Giant Hall), Cheren, Morimoto, the Black City trainers and Cynthia in just one day, it rapidly evolved to Jihead and later Sazandra, so the new high levels for some Pokémon are easy understandable and justified.

That is true. In fact, I recall posting a similar message in a different topic. Although I didn't use examples as if I were playing the game, because I don't own the game.

Back
Top Bottom