• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Even if it does get Outrage, whic it won't,(why would it?) it can't make good use of it. Being locked into Outrage just isn't worth it if you don't get STAB.

I just got done watching the old 1992 Godzilla vs Mothra movie with my mom and noticed something crazy.

I remember ppl saying that Volcarona is somewhat based on Mothra, but is it possible that it's pre-evolution, Larvesta, is somewhat based on Mothra's twin Battra?

636Larvesta.png

Especially since Mothra's larval stage doesn't have any horns, but Battra's does?
Mothra

Battra

I just got done watching the old 1992 Godzilla vs Mothra movie with my mom and noticed something crazy.

I remember ppl saying that Volcarona is somewhat based on Mothra, but is it possible that it's pre-evolution, Larvesta, is somewhat based on Mothra's twin Battra?
You wouldn't happen to have Comcast would you? I've seen a whole bunch of ol' Godzilla movies on On Demand. (I haven't watched any as of now, but hey, I might get around to it.)

Anyway, the first spoiler makes me inclined to say yes, but eh.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Volcarona was based on Battra. The resemblance is quite similar.

You wouldn't happen to have Comcast would you? I've seen a whole bunch of ol' Godzilla movies on On Demand. (I haven't watched any as of now, but hey, I might get around to it.)

Anyway, the first spoiler makes me inclined to say yes, but eh.

nope, not comcast. i was watching it on some on-demand channel on tv (for at&t u-verse)

^^The resemblance is uncanny... without the wings that is.

but ya, it really is amazing how similar they are :3 i almost shot at the tv in amazement when i saw battra, i'm amazed i never thought of it before now.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Volcarona was based on Battra. The resemblance is quite similar.

don't you mean Larvesta? Volcarona seems to be pretty on par with Mothra though, as well as taking similar color schemes for Larvesta but using Battra's horn ornaments.

don't you mean Larvesta? Volcarona seems to be pretty on par with Mothra though, as well as taking similar color schemes for Larvesta but using Battra's horn ornaments.

asdfkjhalwerih I meant Larvesta, derp.
Although seeing that the two of them being based on something cool like that makes me have a lot more respect for the two of them. That combined with the fact that the two of them are one of the few usable bug-types...

asdfkjhalwerih I meant Larvesta, derp.
Although seeing that the two of them being based on something cool like that makes me have a lot more respect for the two of them. That combined with the fact that the two of them are one of the few usable bug-types...

xD i figured it was a goof :p
i whole-heartedly agree with you on both those points :)

Not to mention their long gestation/level up from larva to adult. it mirrors the cycle mothra/battra take (in terms on how long it takes for them to change and grow).

Even if it does get Outrage, whic it won't,(why would it?) it can't make good use of it. Being locked into Outrage just isn't worth it if you don't get STAB.

Well Emboar does seem very Outragey, plus Boars are commonly depicted rampaging, so maybe that could be the connection?

Well Emboar does seem very Outragey, plus Boars are commonly depicted rampaging, so maybe that could be the connection?

It really doesn't matter if Emboar gets Outrage or not. Its just too damn risky and not worth it since it doesn't get STAB

Plus Emboar's too slow to even use Outrage the second/third time for he'll be already defeated by then.

Back
Top Bottom