• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokemon Game?

PPK

Dora-Pokemon
Reaction score
The scan (originally uploaded by blue skY) shows a minor page from Coro Coro Comic April Issue. It says 'ポケモン新ゲーム登場!? ' (Pokemon New Game Debut!?)

No more info given at the moment. There may be updates once more pages are scanned.

We're due an Ambrella game for the Wii about now - so it wouldn't surprise me to see that showing up.

An RPG Pokemon game for the Wii from Genius Sonority isn't too unlikely either, considering it's obvious that even though Battle Revolution dropped such a thing to get it out quickly, we haven't seen the last of the "Scenario Mode".

I'd also say that it isn't too early to reveal a G/S remake - afterall they've been practically screaming from the rooftops about their forthcoming existance since last Summer. I couldn't possibly see a release this year though, or at least not until the end of it.

I guess it's also possible that we could see another game under the Ranger title. I'm of a great belief that Nintendo pushed for Pokemon Ranger with the aim of making it into a full franchise within Pokemon (We were bombarded with Ranger stuff for most of 2006) and that a sequel - though not necessarily one with HAL Labs at the helm - is likely. Especially for the Wii.

Overall, there are quite a few options out there - not even including the completely random surprises that they COULD throw at us like they did with Dungeon and Ranger.

The third game to D/P isn't one of them as far as I'm concerned though. Waaaay too soon, so don't build any hopes up for that.

Edit: Incidentally, the fact that Coro Coro uses a question mark over the "New Pokemon Game Debut" thing is probably indicative that there wont be any real info in this issue. Much like how a "new version of Pokemon Red and Green?" was announced and then left at that by another magazine in the run up to Fr/Lg's announcement.

A Mystery Dungeon 2 is a possibility too, come to think of it, considering it was fairly successful and all they have to do for a sequel is write up a new plot and add in 107 new Pokemon.

ng to get it out quickly, we haven't seen the last of the "Scenario Mode".

I'd also say that it isn't too early to reveal a G/S remake - afterall they've been practically screaming from the rooftops about their forthcoming existance since last Summer.

This is what I keep hoping for...

Yeah, me too.

If it is GS DS, I can't wait to start with Cyndaquil again.

...and maybe Ash's Cyndaquil will come back, too, because of Sinnoh's fire-less-ness.

Come on RPG Wii game :)

Hell I'd be happy with Mystery Dungeon 2 in all honesty :p GSC remake maybe. If it's just something like Snap or .. *shudder* Channel then forget about it.

A Mystery Dungeon 2 is a possibility too, come to think of it, considering it was fairly successful and all they have to do for a sequel is write up a new plot and add in 107 new Pokemon.

It's not as large a possibility as the others, generally Chunsoft only makes one Mysterious Dungeon game for a franchise, the exceptions being the Chocobo Dungeons and the Dragon Quest based games.

Obviously it'd make sense for another Pokemon game to be made - it's a massive money spinner for Chunsoft and probably their most successful game in the franchise - but I don't really think we'll see anything on it any time soon.

Rumours of Chunsoft working on a Mystery Dungeon game with Pokemon in it were around for about 2 years before the games were announced - so they were probably in development for some time.

I'd say the options listed above are all more likely than a Mystery Dungeon 2 being announced.

Were it not for Battle Revolution, an XD sequel would be the prime candidate. However, with Battle Revolution already filling in the slot of the first Wii Pokémon game, news of another main console game should not arise before the end of the year. In fact, it is possible that such a game will follow the third game, as XD followed Emerald. Neither one of these potentially-developed games should make news before the Gold and Silver remakes.

The Gold and Silver remakes actually should be released by the end of this year. Aiming for a November release would not only be in sync with the original games' eighth anniversary, but would also mark one year and two months having passed from Diamond and Pearl's release (as was the analogous case of FireRed and LeafGreen compared to Ruby and Sapphire). That said, I would be disappointed if the games were announced next month.

If that were the case, I would really be forced to believe that there was no good reason for delaying Diamond and Pearl's release to late 2006. I am still baffled as to Game Freak's projects in 2005, which I doubt were limited to developing Diamond and Pearl. Game Freak's next move will prove just how fruitful that year was. If 2007 turned out to only have the Gold and Silver remakes in store, then it would appear as though the company merely takes less than a year's time to release new games according to popular demand. That would not be impressive.

I want to view the new generation in broader terms than what currently stands. Gold and Silver remakes alone would not suffice. At this time, attacking the problem from a different angle would be preferable. I want to be positively surprised, if such a thing is possible by now.

I'm of a great belief that Nintendo pushed for Pokemon Ranger with the aim of making it into a full franchise within Pokemon (We were bombarded with Ranger stuff for most of 2006) and that a sequel - though not necessarily one with HAL Labs at the helm - is likely. Especially for the Wii.
In Japan, the "franchise" seemed to have a September 2006 expiration date written all over it. Its exaggerated focus leaves little else for there to be done; it is no coincidence that it was and still is associated with the "Path to Diamond and Pearl".

Gold and Silver remake, bla bla bla

Think about it, the chances are very slim for a remake of Gold. I want one also but... The only reason a red and green/red remake was to get all the Pokemon in one generation so that eliminates the need for a remake of Gold and Silver.

No scans yet... (well, I found two from the issue...but were the 10th Movie Comic Adaption).

Keeping an eye out...

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it's a Gen IV version of Pokémon Pinball, or something rather minor like that. I just hope it's not anything by Ambrella; the fewer Pokémon games that company makes, the better.

Although, I think it'd be interesting to see Genius Sonority (or any developer besides Game Freak, for that matter) take a crack at making a DS RPG that allowed trading/battling with DP. Or even better, a Wii game developed by Game Freak itself.

The announement was similar to FR/LG...and it is about the same time since D/P as FR/LG were announed after R/S.

I figure G/S/C remakes are inevitable, so I'm hoping for a Snap sequel. They could make it so great on the Wii!

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom