• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon, gameplay shown on Oha Suta: Triple battles to be available in Black and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Pokémon, gameplay shown on Oha Suta: Triple battles to be available in Black

6 vs 6? What about my two HM slaves? D8

... That just occured to me. I'm ok to anything in theory, but once I actually experience it my opinion often changes.

Re: New Pokémon, gameplay shown on Oha Suta: Triple battles to be available in Black

Maybe I suck at this sort of thing, but don't those "new Pokemon" look kinda...fake?
I really hope with all my poképowers they're fake.
I don't really like the new Pokémon...
:< Gen5 is not a happy Gen for the Takoto, so far.

i'm not happy with it either.........................

Forgive me if someone else has already posted this, but I think the coffin-type pokemon is possibly an evolution to Dunsparce. Same color scheme and everything.

So you're telling me that a Pokémon based on a creature of Japanese folklore will evolve into an Egyptian sarcophagus? And this is all based on having the same colors?

Seriously...

Last edited:

i can't wait for 6 vs 6 battles! no seriously - it would stop all this tier crap & make the game more random & FUN

of course 1 vs 1 should be "the norm" but i'd like it as an option...

Will it really get rid of a tier system... or just redistribute the numbers again!? I don't know, just because I can see a lot of people with a team of Salamence or Aerodactyl earthquaking the heck out of everyone on two legs in one turn. Lol, it'd be epically hilarious, but cause everyone to pick ground immune pokemon.

Will it really get rid of a tier system... or just redistribute the numbers again!? I don't know, just because I can see a lot of people with a team of Salamence or Aerodactyl earthquaking the heck out of everyone on two legs in one turn. Lol, it'd be epically hilarious, but cause everyone to pick ground immune pokemon.

the tier system can't even deal with double battles at present

i can't wait for 6 vs 6 battles! no seriously - it would stop all this tier crap & make the game more random & FUN

Uh huh, except for the fact that the tier system was a fan creation and that it applies to 1 v 1, whcih is where the standard metagame stands. Its not going to kill anything because its not going to be the standard.

Uh huh, except for the fact that the tier system was a fan creation and that it applies to 1 v 1, whcih is where the standard metagame stands. Its not going to kill anything because its not going to be the standard.

obvious comment is obvious

maybe i should rephrase my post to read "make the tier system less prominent" to make it easier to understand...

obvious comment is obvious

maybe i should rephrase my post to read "make the tier system less prominent" to make it easier to understand...
Except it won't for reasons already stated.

How about users who don't use it stop making a big deal like you are. That should work.

Three versus three? @___@

The screen looks a little crowded, but it sounds like an interesting idea.

But, wait, does that mean that we will be up against triplets and Mum-Dad-Kid-type families too?

I say, bring it on. :D

Last edited:

Three versus three? @___@But, wait, does that mean that we will be up against triplets and Mum-Dad-Kid-type families too?
If that's the case, then a certain guy in the Lilycove Contest Hall will be VERY happy.

Except it won't for reasons already stated.

How about users who don't use it stop making a big deal like you are. That should work.

double battles make the tier system slightly less prominent ergo 3 vs 3 will make it even less prominent again & guess what 6 vs 6 would do - that's me stating my opinion not "making a big deal" of it okay

What you fail to comprehend is that there will always be a 1 v 1 battle system in Pokemon, therefore even if they do introduce a 6 v 6 system it wont make a difference to the Tiers.

Also 1 v 1 tiers would be different than 2 v 2 and so on since it's not the same metagame.

It's best not to judge something you don't understand.

What you fail to comprehend is that there will always be a 1 v 1 battle system in Pokemon, therefore even if they do introduce a 6 v 6 system it wont make a difference to the Tiers.

Also 1 v 1 tiers would be different than 2 v 2 and so on since it's not the same metagame.

It's best not to judge something you don't understand.

are you for real??? read my posts again - i did not say it would change the tiers or change the metagame whatsoever - i simply stated it would put less prominence on the 1 vs 1 metagame (get a clue!)

are you for real??? read my posts again - i did not say it would change the tiers or change the metagame whatsoever - i simply stated it would put less prominence on the 1 vs 1 metagame (get a clue!)

Okay then, how and why?

Okay then, how and why?

on random wifi battles - currently in place on PBR but rumoured to be on included on the black & white versions

on random wifi battles - currently in place on PBR but rumoured to be on included on the black & white versions
It's not rumoured. It was explicitly stated in CoroCoro

Yeah that wont really affect the competitive battling community or anything competitive battling-wise for that matter. I don't see why it would at all.

Oh...well I never heard of them, so I didn't know they were normally a credible source. Then again, this site seems too honest to report something from a non-reliable source. Oh wow I feel like a noob. :-/

A triple battle...it's new, so that's why you never heard of them. Or were you talking about something else...?

A triple battle...it's new, so that's why you never heard of them. Or were you talking about something else...?
I was talking about the people who reported it.

Triple battles seems pretty cool. Thankfully, there is still Double Battles. I kind of think Triple battles is a little much, but it's still awesome to have half of your Team in a battle against three others. Still seems hectic.

I don't know why, but I don't really like some of the Generation 5 Pokemon.The Starters look good, but not really the others. Maybe I just need it to sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom