• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon, gameplay shown on Oha Suta: Triple battles to be available in Black and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Pokémon, gameplay shown on Oha Suta: Triple battles to be available in Black

The new pokemon are ugly, and triple battles will be fail. Good bye Generation 5.

Re: New Pokémon, gameplay shown on Oha Suta: Triple battles to be available in Black

Umm... the big salamander dragon rock thing looks like a slim downed version of tyranitar. He looks really cool, but I feel like they just
fused t-tar and garchomp. (Happy to add his BAness to my team though. :p) >.>

I love how we have a legit mole type pokemon now. :D

I don't like the weird dress with a head pokemon and I don't like the design on the one that looks like a nosepass that got way to deformed. I really like the rest of them though.

This is kind of hit and miss for me. I'm sure the rock thing will grow on me, but I don't know about the weird dress thing.

I like that we have another spiderish pokemon, but I'm not all that fond of the mummy. It seems a bit silly really. Most ghosts are somewhat serious, the mummy thing is a bit too silly for my tastes.

Also, triple battles are pushing it a bit in my opinion. There would be so much going on that a lot of the outcomes would be based more on luck than strategy. What I mean this in a what attacks what kind of way.

Also, online stuff = love

Last edited:

Oh, so "Ononox" is a mole.

I can't tell between a lot of them.

Triple battles seem a bit excessive, if you ask me. Too crowded.

I think I'll be doing a lot of transferring from SS this gen...

My opinion: this just keeps getting better and better. And the Pokémon're getting weirder, but weird is not always bad. Some of them actually look good. I especially like the sarcophagus one, Ononokusu (next to the drill Poké), and the red/blue one (triple battle, enemy side)

But triple Battling? Wasn't 2-on-2 difficult enough? For example, in Double battles, if a Pokémon was set to attack another one, but it (defender) fainted before, the target would be the next one sent out net (G3 only) or to the other one on the defending side. How would that be fixed in Triple Battle style? What would determine the new target of an attack? Any ideas?

No, Ononox is not the mole.

I quite like the new pokemon. They look very interesting. You guys nitpick way too much. :-/ So what if they look like some other pokemon? They're still cool.

a triple battle sounds like something they would do in the anime.

The mole pokemon's name is Doryuzu, or possibly Drillzu or Driuzu. The attack he uses against the Dentula is called Doriru Rainaa, or possibly Drill Rainer. I would wager that green thing is a ghost, since it looks to be either a skeleton or a doll that's suspended in ectoplasm.

Hm I honestly don't know how I feel about these Pokemon. Although my theory is correct

Kanto- Obviously all New Pokemon- Johto- Baby and evolved form of Pokemon- Hoenn- All new Pokemon- Sinnoh- Baby and evolved forms of old Pokemon- Isshu- I am sure they are all new.

Hm I will have to judge when we see better pictures of them. That unnamed one that looks like a girl or something or a mummy dressed in black don't really like, don't really know about the others. But was unexpected because I thought we would see more in July 15th, will we still see new Pokemon then?

I quite like the new pokemon. They look very interesting. You guys nitpick way too much. :-/ So what if they look like some other pokemon? They're still cool.

This. And a hell of a lot more... I'm at a loss of words right now.:dizzy: I'm really, REALLY looking forward to the next CoroCoro and the games themselves.

I also can't wait for the new Pokemon games to be released, even if all the pokemon will be in Japanese - at least we can see them and their evolutions and pick a party before the games arrive stateside!

Kanto- Obviously all New Pokemon- Johto- Baby and evolved form of Pokemon- Hoenn- All new Pokemon- Sinnoh- Baby and evolved forms of old Pokemon- Isshu- I am sure they are all new.

Your theory may be correct so far, Tara, but it hasn't made a full circle yet, so you can't be certain until the games are released. Sure, Gen 2 and 4 had a lot of pre-evolutions and evolutions of prior generation pokemon, but Gen 3 had two - Azurill and Wynaut- so anything is possible in guessing what's to come. It could have simply been a fluke that things have happened in the way they have. :)

Moguryuu and Doryuuzu look to me like they could be part of the same evolution family. Names are similar too.

Interesting that we haven't seen any direct evidence of old Pokemon showing up in the games yet. We've seen Pikachu on a few billboards, but that's it...

I also can't wait for the new Pokemon games to be released, even if all the pokemon will be in Japanese - at least we can see them and their evolutions and pick a party before the games arrive stateside!

Your theory may be correct so far, Tara, but it hasn't made a full circle yet, so you can't be certain until the games are released. Sure, Gen 2 and 4 had a lot of pre-evolutions and evolutions of prior generation pokemon, but Gen 3 had two - Azurill and Wynaut- so anything is possible in guessing what's to come. It could have simply been a fluke that things have happened in the way they have. :)

Very true (And I forgot about those two baby Pokemon lol). I can't wait to see all the Pokemon, I am sure there are some I will like, love or hate (I like quite a few in the 5th gen. Zorua and Zoroark are growing on me, Pokablu, the grass starter, the white legendary etc). Considering that we are nearing the end of June (About two days for Australia) we got about three months left, I guess we will be seeing lots of information.

I like dull chartreuse armored black pokemon with the blades and the mole-thing

I don't get why people keep saying "well this looks like this so it sucks."
I mean, tyranitaur looks like a nidoking and a charizard's radioactive baby. Many pokemon resemble eachother,and many real world animals resemble eachother as well, thats just how things work. :/

chromastone.jpg

The design of one of them reminds me of Chromastone from Ben 10: Alien Force.

Yeah, pretty much everyone I've seen has said that, lol. :X

Incidentally, I really like the design of Chromastone, and I really like the Pokemon too.

chromastone.jpg

The design of one of them reminds me of Chromastone from Ben 10: Alien Force.
Thats what I was going to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom