• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon, gameplay shown on Oha Suta: Triple battles to be available in Black and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Pokémon, gameplay shown on Oha Suta: Triple battles to be available in Black

Copy/pasted from the larger thread:

3 vs 3.... Alright. Nothing to say now except half of your team gonna die thanks to Explosion.

Re: New Pokémon, gameplay shown on Oha Suta: Triple battles to be available in Black

As much as I would love to write some lengthy post on my opinion of triple battles I'm not gonna bother and I'm just gonna go ahead and say that that idea just sucks, really... Overdone it a tad? :p

A sarcophagus Pokémon? Yes, please! It looks like the rumors of triple battles turned out to be true. It will be interesting to see how those play out.

Triple battles. Ooh boy. D8 I had enough trouble with the huge handful of forced double-battles in Emerald. And I just now got the hang of competitive playing and strategies and so on! Now I gotta make sure I forget them to learn for triple battles now.

But other than that...looking freakin' awesome. D8 Loving Black-chan's sprite, those new Pokemon, cute green-haired guy, and the whole what appear to be wireless transformation waterfall super sexy transformation sequence go. Hey, are customizable 2D trainers possible? Or is it White-kun transforming into a generic trainer sprite?

EDIT: Triple Finish can now happen. D8 I CALL IT! -runs away-

I would wager that green thing is a ghost, since it looks to be either a skeleton or a doll that's suspended in ectoplasm.

What about a cute little Germ Pokemon? Idk just a guess....But I'm totally catching one and naming it Germy!!!;) its like the friggin cutest lol

Last edited:

I'm not sure what to say about triple battles. They look fun, but maybe there's too many Pokemon for one battle. Double battles already confuses sometimes. o_o

I'm not sure what to say about triple battles. They look fun, but maybe there's too many Pokemon for one battle. Double battles already confuses sometimes. o_o
Just picture it as if you only had 3 Pokemon to use instead of six.

You send out 3, opponent sends out three. You try to knock out all three of their Pokemon. If all of your Pokemon faint, you lose. Each Pokemon moves depending on who's the fastest down to the slowest.

The only confusion comes when talking about specific moves or abilities.

I love how people are acting like triple battles are something new when console RPGs have been having them since the 80s.

I think if some of you guys ever played a Suikoden game, your heads would explode.

I love how people are acting like triple battles are something new when console RPGs have been having them since the 80s.

I think if some of you guys ever played a Suikoden game, your heads would explode.

My thoughts exactly.

Also... yay, Suikoden.

Also...I didn't see Moguryū 「モグリュー」 anywhere in the trailer.

It's the part with the Female protagonist and the three Pokemon to represent triple battles. Most people mistake him for Mamepoto.

Oh, I see now. Thanks!

Just picture it as if you only had 3 Pokemon to use instead of six.

You send out 3, opponent sends out three. You try to knock out all three of their Pokemon. If all of your Pokemon faint, you lose. Each Pokemon moves depending on who's the fastest down to the slowest.

The only confusion comes when talking about specific moves or abilities.

Yeah I'm in the middle of playing Golden Sun: The Lost Age, and you have four characters all at once (and later in the game you can have 4 replacements, so if the first 4 gets knocked out the 4 replacements take their place and you can continue battling), in fact isn't Final Fantasy like that as well (with more than 2 characters at a time). For those who've played and liked Final Fantasy and dislike the idea of triple battles? Um...why and how does that make sense? I mean sure on final fantasy and Golden Sun it's because the single opponent's have high insane health and attack power (sometimes multiple times a turn) in comparison but that's not really a good excuse since you can also have multiple weaker enemies that are extremely weaker to a single character of yours? So I don't see why it would be so frustrated, or difficult with Pokemon. I mean eventually yes it may get annoying with 8, 10, 12 Pokemon, but triple battles seem like nothing, since there's only six Pokemon out at one time, which as much as one trainer can carry that really seems like the maximum number. When the total number of Pokemon matches that of how many a single trainer can carry.

Most new Pokemon are tragically bad... :p
I'm excited on 3-on-3 battles! Not something new or original, but still, really nice!
Still no explanation on Global Link... :p

Also, at the end. Could this be an online Union Room?!
If so, I'm hopying it will support Random Players, and Microphone and/or text messages!

Last edited:

chromastone.jpg

The design of one of them reminds me of Chromastone from Ben 10: Alien Force.

Haha, same here! They both have a nice design.

I've heard that the Japanese dub of Ben 10 is actually fairly popular, so I'm not surprised to see a Ben 10 reference in Pokemon.

I totally wasn't reminded of Chromastone when I first saw that, but now I see it and think it's awesome. I think it and the new Pokemon look pretty cool.

Except for that Gardegoth. But the others are cool. I've no opinion on triple battles.

Copy paste from other thread:

I hated them at first, but after taking a good look, they've started to grow on me in just a few minutes. I do like the Marley-ish Pokémon, but not the sprite. I think the spriters could have done MUCH better. Everything else rocks as hell. Ther's just one thing I don't like, the fact is that the Pokémon get more complex every Gen, which is starting to bug me.

Non-Copy:

Bunk the triple battles for all I care. If they remove it, no probs, and if they keep it, It'll grow on me. What about the trans-fall?

I'm not too excited about the new Pokemon, I sorta like them, but not very much. IMO Pokemon are becoming more and more complicated each generation, GF should go back to more simplistic pokemon like in generation 1.

I dunno, it looks to me like they're going both ways...the starters plus the early Pokemon we saw in CoroCoro were all real simple while the legendaries and these likely evolutions and stronger Pokemon are a bit more complex. Seems like a nice mix imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom