• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon, Gym Leaders, Team Flare surface in CoroCoro: Pancham's evolution unveile

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New Pokémon, Gym Leaders, Team Flare surface in CoroCoro: Pancham's evolution unveiled to be ...

The Aug. 2013 issue of CoroCoro Comics has leaked. It has revealed several new Pokémon, two Gym Leaders, and a mysterious group named Team Flare.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: New Pokémon, Gym Leaders, Team Flare surface in CoroCoro: Pancham's evolution unv

Considering how some people reacted to Vanillite, it almost seems like Peroppafu was made to make haters angry.

Re: New Pokémon, Gym Leaders, Team Flare surface in CoroCoro: Pancham's evolution unv

Considering how some people reacted to Vanillite, it almost seems like Peroppafu was made to make haters angry.

Yay, I get some cotton candy to go with my ice cream! Come on GameFreak, throw more food at me! :D
Also, Team Flare's goal is to get money? Wasn't that Charon's goal when he tried to summon Heatran?

Last edited:

So, they're calling the next issue "the biggest scoop of the century"...
I am guessing starter evolution will be the "main focus", more new Pokemon, a few Gym leaders, may be some XY anime info i.e Ash's travelling partners etc...

Not a bad update. Pancham's evolved form looks like a beast, figuratively and literally. And we finally got the types for the Legendary Pokemon (took them long enough!!!). The other Pokemon are... interesting. I guess Gamefreak feels the cotton candy Mon will be a "sweet success". The other one, the Dark/Psychic mix is a very freaky-looking, yet oddly appropriate creature... though it does look like a jellyfish/squid mix, which makes it bit of a toss-up. Hopefully it makes up for its odd looks with good move. And Honedge's ability has been revealed; No Guard. I guess that's what you call "cutting edge". As for the rest of the info, Team Flare sounds a bit bland, especially their motive, but we'll see if they live up to past villains. And Prof. Platane seems to be following the tree trend as always... at least, I think he is. My brain is not fully awake yet, so I could be wrong. Though he does have a sort of French look, which is fitting for the region, so he'll grow on me.

I do hope we get some more info on the Starters soon, especially their evo forms (which I know everyone else is wanting as well).

On a side note, I'm also glad Clauncher is exclusive to Y, since that will be my primary version, and I want that little shrimp badly.

EDIT: Slag! I got that last part mixed up! Now I can't get Clauncher in Y! Slag...

Last edited:

I was kinda dissapointed to learn that Skrelp was exclusive to Pokémon Y (since I preordered Pokémon X and I don't feel like changing to Pokémon Y), but since Clauncher is there, that is perfectly normal.

The team's goal is way too familiar of Team Rocket's, but oh well.

How much Pokémon for X and Y have been revealed in total? Like, what, 30?

Xerneas's typing is odd, but I guess it looks like it suits its nature somewhat. Yvetal looks much nicer, but then again, still preordering X. Not that it matters - I won't use legendaries.

I kind of like how it seems the villain team is going to be much simpler than before. The fact that they're not involved in some plot to destroy the world and mold it in their image reminds me a lot of Team Rocket. I consider this a good thing.

I don't really mind, but they're really shoving Fairy type down our throats right now. Three Pokemon revealed to be Fairy in one issue. I wonder how many they're going to leave a mystery until the release.

Now onto the individual Pokemon. I honestly didn't expect Xerneas to be pure Fairy, but I'm ok with it. I love its move Geo Control. It seems to harness the power of the Earth to attack, similar to Earth Power, but in a more "fairy" type of way. Yveltal's typing is expected I think.

Goronda lives up to expectations I believe. It's basically a massive fighting panda with quite the thug look, which parallels its typing. The squids look pretty awesome. Maika reminds me a lot of a cuttlefish, which is my favorite animal, so I'm happy. Shushupu is the only one I'm not really feeling yet. To me it looks like someone smashed a Munna and a Natu together and gave it Audino's powers. It'll probably grow on me eventually.

I think Peropuff deserves its own paragraph. I gotta say that I'm loving this thing. It's designed sooo much better than the ice cream family in Gen V. It's based on cotton candy, but it still looks like a little cloud creature and not just a stick of cotton candy like how Vanniluxe looked like just an ice cream sundae. I'm wondering why the created the ability Sweet Veil though, since we already have Insomnia and Vital Spirit.

Team Flare seems delightfully ridiculous. I like that they have simple goals. And I'll enjoy beating them up and taking their money for sweet irony.

And I love Professor Mark Ruffalo. Probably my favourite professor look in a while.

A dark/psychic type eh? Who can reverse power-ups. That's really going to shake up the meta-game, which I am quite happy for. Take that you baton passers!

Honestly, I was hoping Xerneas would be something other than pure Fairy. Maybe Fairy-Grass, or Grass-Steel, or something. I still like its move and design, though. I didn't used to like Yveltal. It was weird-looking. It's tail was a third wing, and its head had an odd shape. Now, I actually like it. Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon, who's a Dark-type, and learns a move called DEATH WING! I really wan't more info on this Death Wing!

I really like the idea of a perfume Pokémon, to be honest, but I wish they scrapped this design. It's not a bad design, but it's a bad design for a perfume Pokémon. I was hoping for something like a glass perfume container with an arm made of the scent, like Honedge. As for our delicious food Pokémon, I will develop a team of this' final form and Vanilluxe to conquer every Lickylicky in the world. I don't love its design as much, but it'll probably grow on me. What I really love about is the move. Drain Kiss. Finally, a kiss move that deals damage, AND a drain move involving the mouth (Leech Life doesn't necessarily involve the mouth, if you'll argue).

Yes! A Psychic/Dark-Type! Though I'll admit, I wish it weren't based on a squid, I still love the idea of a Psychic/Dark-Type. I like its design, but I just wish they saved Dark/Psychic for something else, like if you fused Abra and Absol.

I am so disappointed in Team Flare. First, they look like escaped inmates, and second, their goal is upsetting. Game Freak did VERY well with Team Galactic, Team Plasma, and Cipher. Team Galactic attempted at godlike Pokémon to completely warp the universe to their command, while Team Plasma and Cipher realized the potential of Pokémon. Team Plasma decided to rule the world by taking everyone else's Pokémon, being the only ones with Pokémon, all under the guise of being a liberation group, which had reasonable views, while Cipher decided to rule the world with Pokémon that are so powerful, a Sunkern can beat Arceus. Team Flare is beyond disappointing. All they want is money. Not only is that cliché, and already attempted with Team Rocket, but they aren't going to rule the world with money very easily. Mold the world to your wishes, or seize control with force and Pokémon while you have the upper hand. Why do they not want world conquest? That's what Team Magma, Aqua, Galactic, Cipher, and Plasma wanted. Again, VERY disappointing.

Ooh, battling the professor? Yay! I like his design, too. They're doing it right. Krane, Juniper, and Platane are reasonably young-looking, which I like, as opposed to the old bones that were Oak and Rowan. Platane has the best design out of all the professors in my opinion.

This new outburst of information makes me all the more excited for X and Y. October 12 will be a glorious day.

So, villains who just want money?
In orange suits?
It reminds me anime!Giovanni so badly that I might want him back (in case they give him very good excuse to do that)

So, villains who just want money?
In orange suits?
It reminds me anime!Giovanni so badly that I might want him back (in case they give him very good excuse to do that)

What if Giovanni was the leader of Team Flare? Like if he had enough of Team Rocket, and left to Kalos, where Red and Ethan couldn't get him?

I kind of like how it seems the villain team is going to be much simpler than before. The fact that they're not involved in some plot to destroy the world and mold it in their image reminds me a lot of Team Rocket. I consider this a good thing.

Agreed. Maybe it's just me, but I've grown weary of the EPIC plots, and would prefer something simpler for a change. The main focus of Pokemon for me was always beat the gyms, beat the elite four, and become champion. I feel like that goal has become secondary to saving the world.

I don't really mind, but they're really shoving Fairy type down our throats right now. Three Pokemon revealed to be Fairy in one issue. I wonder how many they're going to leave a mystery until the release.

I don't mind either, but I just hope they don't go too overboard with fairy Pokemon, and introduce too many in an effort to make up for lost time.

I'm guessing Citron's name comes from Citroën, the French car manufacturer. They even have a car line called the "DS", with the newest one being the "DS3".

Last edited:

Yay, I get some cotton candy to go with my ice cream! Come on GameFreak, throw more food at me! :D
Also, Team Flare's goal is to get money? Wasn't that Charon's goal when he tried to summon Heatran?

Inb4 the leader is Charon. Nah, kidding.

I'm still sticking to my theory that the leader will be someone similar to Hunter J. She's hunted pokemons for sacks of money anyways. Hopefully, by chance, the leader is a female boss :D

Wow, the villain team sure is controversial. A hope I have is if the name really is a pun on "flair," we might finally have a female boss in the games. She will rule the fashion world with an iron fist!

I think that Citron will specialize in either Steel or Electric Pokemon, judging by the mechanical arms and high-tech looking gym. The other gym leader (sorry, can't remember his name off the top of my head) looks like he'll be either Ground or Rock. His hair looks like a geode to me, so probably Rock. I think we'll finally get a Rock gym leader that's not the very first gym. :D

Wow, the villain team sure is controversial. A hope I have is if the name really is a pun on "flair," we might finally have a female boss in the games. She will rule the fashion world with an iron fist!

I think that Citron will specialize in either Steel or Electric Pokemon, judging by the mechanical arms and high-tech looking gym. The other gym leader (sorry, can't remember his name off the top of my head) looks like he'll be either Ground or Rock. His hair looks like a geode to me, so probably Rock. I think we'll finally get a Rock gym leader that's not the very first gym. :D

Really? I thought the other Gym Leader would be Fighting-Type, cause he's into sports.

Well I can honestly say that Team Flare is a big disappointment. With the whole DNA theme the games appear to be going, you would expect a scientific team perhaps hoping to exploit this to their goals. But instead we just get a fire themed Team Rocket clone whose same goal is just to collect money.

Forget Aqua, Magma and Galactic. This is the worst team.

After so many Fairy type Pokemon had been reveal, it is getting more and more blur about the definition of the type itself.

Really, what is the norm to decide which Pokemon is Fairy type? I don't see a common point between all the Fairy-type Pokemons. Game Freak seems like just forcefully shove in the idea of Fairy to our brains, without think the feelings and response of the Pokemon fans. In such case, we will probably see many more of the implausible Fairies, so much that it outclasses to the level of disrespecting the Dragons (and probably Dark as well).

And my personal opinions for the new Pokemon: Except Goronda, all the new Pokemon revealed in this newsletter are so ugly in my eyes. They are probably the worst design I've ever seen, even worse than many Gen5 Pokemon that was out for the first time.

but they aren't going to rule the world with money very easily.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Money is probably the most effective way of ruling the world :p

Holy crap. I can't wait until I get X and Y now. :O All this new news had got me all hyper and excited.
First off...I just wanna say...HECK YEAH MORE DARK TYPE POKEMON WOOHOO! ;D And second...
Yveltal...Oh my god Yveltal...Dark/Flying, Destruction Pokemon, DEATH WING? Did I die and go to Pokemon heaven? Because I think I did. Yvetal might just beat Darkrai and Giratina for my favorite legendaries if he proves to be a flipping epic Pokemon. Move over, Darkrai and Giratina, because we got Yveltal joining the group of favorite legendaries. <3
Xerneas, I was hoping would be Steel/Fairy, but oh well. xD. It fits Xerneas very well and I'm glad they made it fairy.
I was hoping for another female professor, but heck Professor Platane is epic enough. ;D Still can't beat Professor Rowan, but heck he's my second favorite. <3
New gym leaders look EPIC! Hope Citron is a steel type gym user. We need another steel type gym leader. <3 Zakuro looks epic, too. Hopefully he'll be a Dark type gym leader...:O Ooh, I hope so...
Team Flare is kinda disappointing, but it's a nice change. Something simple and nice after Team Plasma's little ordeal. xD. I seriously hope though that they'll have something more then just money, though. :3 Hopefully we get a female leader for once!
The new Pokemon is just brilliant. Karamanero is definitely going to be on my Y team, with Yvetal and Froakie. <33 Woot. :D Not the biggest fan of Shushupu and Peroppafu. Hopefully they have epic evolutions. :3 I'll still probably use them on my X team.
Well, I guess that pretty much sums it up for what I think. X and Y...I will see you on Christmas with a Black 3DS, and I shall play you and call you my squishy. <3 I'm really excited for this, this might beat G3 for my second spot for best games, maybe even G4 for my top game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom