• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokemon in USUM

Defiant

Pokemon Gotta Catch ... Some Of Em ???
Reaction score
Game Freak continue to rip up the rule book. The assumption that only a new generation could introduce new Pokemon has been blown apart with the reveal of 2 new UBs and I find it very hard to believe they will stop there.

I have often speculated what the 2018 movie give away could be now that Marshadow, Mewnium Z and Hat Pikachu are all available, so a new Mythical is also certainly likely.

What are your hopes for new Pokemon in USUM, how many do you think there will be, or are the new UBs the only ones that will be debuting in your eyes?

In before 10 people saying split evos for the starters.

I'm personally holding up hope for some kind of cross-gen evo. Dragon eevee maybe? :D

In before 10 people saying split evos for the starters.

I'm personally holding up hope for some kind of cross-gen evo. Dragon eevee maybe? :D
All starters were shown fully evolved in the trailer(s), it's not happening.

I'm still holding out hope for alolan forms, though..if they went as far as to code new UBs, they can do what requires less effort and make new alolan forms...right?

I really am hoping there's more "normal" Pokemon. And by normal, I mean Pokemon that aren't considered Legendary, Mythical, or are Ultra Beasts. It feels like this is the generation with the lowest number of such Pokemon, so I really hope they do actually add some if they're gonna make more Ultra Beasts.

I really am hoping there's more "normal" Pokemon. And by normal, I mean Pokemon that aren't considered Legendary, Mythical, or are Ultra Beasts. It feels like this is the generation with the lowest number of such Pokemon, so I really hope they do actually add some if they're gonna make more Ultra Beasts.
Unlikely I know, but I want an evolution for Komala.

I think there will be only new UBs and maybe new Alolan forms, but not exactly brand new other Pokemon.
But we'll see, I guess.
Yeah I think they would have a lore reason to add more UBs since they come from a new dimension (if these new UB are catchable and not new forms). I'm really hoping for new Alolan forms. I really liked this feature and I don't feel like they added enough (here's to an electric/dark and bug/dragon form of something).

How will this work for interactions with SM? Will they just prevent us from using the new pokes like they do new forms?

I personally saw it coming a mile away, and that's only because there was NO WAY I would even consider buying the game without knowing new mons in some shape or form would be involved (beyond the Legends and Carrotwolf).

I can understand where people were coming from not expecting new mons/beasts but it was inevitable that without having megas as this generations little quirk, there would be new mons in one way or another.

If there aren't new Alola forms however, you can count me out; if they spent time making what looks like a firework clown, they can spend time making forms of older Pokemon.

I think there will be only new UBs and maybe new Alolan forms, but not exactly brand new other Pokemon.
But we'll see, I guess.
I personally think Ultra Beasts would make a great excuse for adding new Pokémon mid-gen in future titles. Their debatable status as Pokémon in-universe gives the perfect excuse for it too!

I actually hope that these will the only new UBs and that future games will not introduce new ones. I'd rather have new Pokémon than these creatures that don't feel Pokémon-like at all.

I actually hope that these will the only new UBs and that future games will not introduce new ones. I'd rather have new Pokémon than these creatures that don't feel Pokémon-like at all.
I'd rather have new pokemon than any form of a sub-legend, legend or myth altogether..

I think UB are a exception, because they're strange looking creature that doesn't resemble like pokemon, even though they are pokemon, UBs are the main focus in USUM, because of the name "Ultra." I don't see any mid-generation pokemon in the future, but I wouldn't mind if it's form changes. As for Alolan formes, I rather see might get some Alolan formes, we probably won't get this much, like we did with the Kanto Alolan formes.

Burst looks like a Nihelgo forme. It's more damaged then it's ever been before but it's not completely blown apart yet.

Burst looks like a Nihelgo forme. It's more damaged then it's ever been before but it's not completely blown apart yet.
I hear some people continue to claim this...and I could not disagree more. Come on, people. Just because it has a ball as a detachable head and a frilly collar (and an explosion-flower shaped thing on its head) doesn't make it a Nihilego form. It clearly has its own motif and inspiration, not to mention personality. It's like saying HauntedBricks is a form of Celesteela because they both look defensive and are giant

@Niyuura Ultra space is really weird though and they are gooey. The paradigm is on life support but it isn't dead.

I can certainly see more Ultra Beasts, especially if there will be more focus on them in the main story. I'm still hoping for new Alolan forms; hopefully for non-Kanto Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom