• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokemon in USUM

I'm gonna be a pessimist and say I HIGHLY doubt that they would add anything besides UB's and Formes/Megas as always. UB's get a free pass because their status as Pokemon is dubious in the first place and they need SOMETHING here to make people excited about these double rehashes. I'm pretty happy about it though (the new UB's I mean), and I predicted it might happen too! :D

Willing and happy (I guess? Might be annoyed that I now have to care about these games after GF made it seem like I shouldn't especially since I don't have the money for them) to eat my hat if I'm wrong. I do love new Pokemon as much as the next person. Hope there are a good amount of new UB's too.

I don't think we'll see normal new Pokemon. The UBs for all intents and purposes are legendary-esque Pokemon. So they're definitely special in some way. I think what this really opens the gates for is them adding new legends mid gen without having to have them in the code for the original set of games of the generation. that way they can keep things a secret for real and not have certain Pokemon found from data mining.

Not expecting new Pokémon. UB's however are a big possibility now that the two new ones were revealed. I'm not a big fan of Ultra Beasts in general, so I don't really bother.

I don't think we'll see normal new Pokemon. The UBs for all intents and purposes are legendary-esque Pokemon. So they're definitely special in some way. I think what this really opens the gates for is them adding new legends mid gen without having to have them in the code for the original set of games of the generation. that way they can keep things a secret for real and not have certain Pokemon found from data mining.

Ok yeah that I can agree is a pretty good possibility. It would definitely be a smart move! Honestly should have done it already but better late then never.

Though I honestly like knowing what's coming before hand and it only hypes me up more to finally see datamined mon unveiled, but I'm probs the minority and see that as only a good idea that will let people actually be surprised and not spoiled. It would also just make Mythicals and stuff actually feel a lot more special when they show up mid gen so that will def be good and pretty hype.

Yeah, I can't see them adding regular new Pokemon in these games, but if they were to do so, I'd expect around 10-20. At most, we'll likely get 4 UBs with them being version exclusives (or maybe another set of 7 if they want to go for all types), one more Mythical, and a couple new Alolan forms.

Speaking of types, the UBs are currently missing the following
  • Normal
  • Fire
  • Water
  • Psychic
  • Ice
  • Fairy
  • Ground
  • Ghost

I love that they're adding new ultra beasts like this. It's more exciting than just new forms etc.

I want to see more UBs added in USUM.

UB-Assembly looks like a ghost/rock pokemon that would be cool.
make it get re-verse wonder guard that protects from the SE moves.
Solid Rock could also be a option.

The other one could be psychic, psychic/dark or maybe fairy?

do you think that they will break it more and give them all more uniq abilities then only rising stats.
Like they did with Necrozma?

Waiting for Ice type UB. (Frozen Cosmos- 1 turn when battling this pokemon: the oponents ability and moves of oponents type won't work)

Do you think a fire or fairy UB will be posibble?

Do you think a fire or fairy UB will be posibble?
I really hope new UBs get at least one of those two typings. Personally, I want to see a Dark/Fairy dual-type UB inspired by one of the Eldtrich Abominations in the Cthulhu Mythos.

I really hope new UBs get at least one of those two typings. Personally, I want to see a Dark/Fairy dual-type UB inspired by one of the Eldtrich Abominations in the Cthulhu Mythos.
but be ready also for this: it could turn out to be a Delphox,victiny but with greater speed, I feel a Burst coming.

For USUM I think there will be maybe 2-4 more UBs and probably some Alolan forms and also some Megas.

For future games, I think it is definitely possible to have say 30 more new normal pokemon now for mid generation games. Especially they are moving to the switch since games for the switch are more expensive. They need to make it worth it somehow.

They won't add any Megas , megas was a gen 6 thing for gen 7 it's Z moves they won't add it in

I've seen this Z moves is gen 7's thing comment countless of times already but I'm just not convinced by it. So moving on...

All starters were shown fully evolved in the trailer(s), it's not happening.
I don't think split evos would happen but I don't see how the appearance of Primarina and the likes is an indication of whether it is not happening or not...

Probably some new UBs, new Alolan Pokemon and maybe new Megas and new Mythicals. I can't see them adding new "regular" Pokemon, but GF's batshit insane in all the best ways, so we could see more.

I'm just so, so hyped about this. I mean, even if we only get new UBs, I'll be happy because I fucking love the UBs.

I really hope we get at least two more new UBs. Hell, I'd really love it if we got 7 new ones. Count me in the camp that hopes Burst is Fire/Fairy. Hopefully we get another offensive-oriented UB with a type combo that isn't redundant with Burst, Buzzwole, Nihilego, Xurkitree, or Kartana; I may just build an all-UB team for the hell of it!

Burst looks more like psychic/fairy.
Hope UB Assembly doesnt turn out ghost/ground, rather want a ghost/rock.

(If they would introduce a dragon/ghost skeleton UB with immunity to special attaks-then I also would be happy)

Burst's most straightforward type for me is Fire/Fairy. It uses fireworks to attack, and its move was super effective in Decidueye and Metagross.

but it resembles a clown and we know that psychic is more likely posibble, the fire/fairy they will hold for a posibble future fire starter probably. to make us wait.

fire/psychik and rock/ghost is posibble taking they are counterparts.
psychick vs ghost and rock vs fire...

but there is theory around the net that assembly may be a psychic/ground type. I dont like that , breaks dont seem ground enough to me anymore, but that could be also true, or if they make ground/ghost is will be special oriented and the oposite of Pallosand. Hard to say.

We had 2 rock type UBs till now, and no ghost.

As I said in another thread, they'll likely share a type since they're version exclusives, and the previous version exclusives shared at least one typing - Bug/Fighting and Steel respectively.

Only types I can see them matching would be Psychic or Ghost.

Back
Top Bottom